Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

WS6 horsepower numbers

This is a discussion on WS6 horsepower numbers within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by shady milkman welcome to ls1.com good sir tru dat homie, tru dat.....

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    welcome to ls1.com good sir
    tru dat homie, tru dat..

silver
    2002 ws6

hugs for everyone in here. there's not enough fuckin hugs in this world.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    hugs for everyone in here. there's not enough fuckin hugs in this world.
    i dont mind giving hugs as long as getcha stays gone..... maybe thats whats wrong with him?

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i dont mind giving hugs as long as getcha stays gone..... maybe thats whats wrong with him?
    not sure--- some people have a harder time accepting FACTS more than others... that's the way she goes.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

what?

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

not sure--- some people have a harder time accepting FACTS more than others... that's the way she goes.
    whats even worse.... he reads something proving us right and himself wrong.... then he sends us links, and says BOOOYA! all you guys were wrong and i was right...

hahahhaa, funny stuff..

silver
    2002 ws6

hey fellas--- is an slp under drive pulley worth the coin? there actual gains to be had with this or is it just snake oil....

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

hey fellas--- is an slp under drive pulley worth the coin? there actual gains to be had with this or is it just snake oil....
    ud pulleys will help throttle response and will help free up some power due to lower drag on the engine.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

your talking 7hp maxish on a H/C car..

not worth it to me..

i have a LOT more stuff to spend my money on..

Black
    1998 Trans Am

what does emission delete do for your car?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by black98transam View Post
    what does emission delete do for your car?
    Makes it loud, obnoxious, and smell bad.

Blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

had mine dyno'd today for the first time at a dyno day some friends of mine went too...i have a '02 WS6 A4 with a magnaflow catback....everything else is stock and it put down 324.7whp and 339.3wtq...that was just a baseline with no tuning

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebayou View Post
    had mine dyno'd today for the first time at a dyno day some friends of mine went too...i have a '02 WS6 A4 with a magnaflow catback....everything else is stock and it put down 324.7whp and 339.3wtq...that was just a baseline with no tuning
    i call BS...

you have a ws6, you should be at 400 plus EASILY!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Ah hell I missed the party

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Ah hell I missed the party
    surely not!

I know this is an old post But a 98 to 2002 Trans Am motor is way different from a 98 to 2002 WS6 motor they're not the same in horsepower whatsoever Cam's intake exhaust even computer program is a lot more aggressive in the WS6 package and for everyone saying their regular Trans Am beat the WS6 package by two car length or even one car length has a good imagination unless they were racing a V6 Trans Am to look like a WS6 I put my WS6 on the dyno which is a 5.7 with the LS6 intake LS6 cam bigger injectors aggressive program full tuned exhaust these are all things a regular Trans Am does not come with my numbers 348 horsepower 333 torque also the WS6 comes with 373 gear ratio regular trans are 343 thanks for reading feel free to comment I would like to hear your thoughts

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine lucchese View Post
    I know this is an old post But a 98 to 2002 Trans Am motor is way different from a 98 to 2002 WS6 motor they're not the same in horsepower whatsoever Cam's intake exhaust even computer program is a lot more aggressive in the WS6 package and for everyone saying their regular Trans Am beat the WS6 package by two car length or even one car length has a good imagination unless they were racing a V6 Trans Am to look like a WS6 I put my WS6 on the dyno which is a 5.7 with the LS6 intake LS6 cam bigger injectors aggressive program full tuned exhaust these are all things a regular Trans Am does not come with my numbers 348 horsepower 333 torque also the WS6 comes with 373 gear ratio regular trans are 343 thanks for reading feel free to comment I would like to hear your thoughts
    Welcome to the LS1 party. You might be 14 years late, but its never too late to read up on some facts. Search around here and you'll find that a couple of your claims are just plain wrong. For example, GM never put a 3.73 rear gear in any 4th gen F-body, and that the LS1 in a WS6/SS is different from the same year non-WS6 Trans Am / Formula or had a different factory tune. Sure, GM rated them at different HP levels, but the only reason they could legitimately do that is that the WS6/SS installations provided a freer-flowing intake and exhaust. The engine assemblies and PCM programing themselves were identical within the same model year. But seeing as this was only your 2nd post, its understandable that you might not know everything there is about the LS1 f-bodies.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

The numbers you're posting seem appropriate to a car that HAS bolt-ons/tune that you are describing. Did you buy your car used? Did it come with intake/headers/exhaust already installed?
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

My thought is you make my head hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Look at her Moms ass.....it is more accurate than a crystal ball.....is this where I wanna be in 25 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Oh I forgot. You kids invented sex/drugs and rock n roll. We just wandered around holding our dicks waiting for you punk ass blowhards to come along and tell us what to do.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    Welcome to the LS1 party. You might be 14 years late, but its never too late to read up on some facts. Search around here and you'll find that a couple of your claims are just plain wrong. For example, GM never put a 3.73 rear gear in any 4th gen F-body, and that the LS1 in a WS6/SS is different from the same year non-WS6 Trans Am / Formula or had a different factory tune. Sure, GM rated them at different HP levels, but the only reason they could legitimately do that is that the WS6/SS installations provided a freer-flowing intake and exhaust. The engine assemblies and PCM programing themselves were identical within the same model year. But seeing as this was only your 2nd post, its understandable that you might not know everything there is about the LS1 f-bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    The numbers you're posting seem appropriate to a car that HAS bolt-ons/tune that you are describing. Did you buy your car used? Did it come with intake/headers/exhaust already installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    My thought is you make my head hurt

Here you guys go.....read this and it will explain the differences between the yrs.

Differences between the f-body years

WS6 package birds had only a hood, air lid tray, 17" wheels, some yrs dual tip exhaust, beefier sway bars over non WS6 cars, and Rack & Pinon. Engine, transmission and gear ratio were all the same with exception between A4 vs M6's. A4-273 gr and M6 342 GR.

Firehawks - SLP intake, A different hood, SLP exhaust, and birth certificate.

Now if you want to get really nit picky...
    98's had the bigger of the cams over 98-02 yrs however they also had the crappiest heads. 99's suffered from smaller injectors 26lb vs 28lb. 01 & 02's got the LS6 intake but still had a slightly smaller cam vs the 98's.

Going toe to toe any 4th Gen to 4th gen being factory (no mods and same tires) it all comes down to drivers skill.

M6's will launch better however A4's can shift faster than M6's can. So again it all comes down to drivers skill.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, Monster Stg 4 Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information