Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

WS6 horsepower numbers

This is a discussion on WS6 horsepower numbers within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by lemons12 ooops.. hehe yes.. you are correct.. i was in like 5 threads at once... he was ...

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    ooops.. hehe yes.. you are correct.. i was in like 5 threads at once... he was targa... NOT FRC.. auto 273s..

it kills me that people think that an ls1 vette is leaps and bounds over tas and camaros..... its the name thing i guess.. like srt.. and so on... haha
    Lemons you dont exist anymore, but I like looking at ur posts and replys and what have ya....they made Z28's and T/A's to be a fast car that chicks and dudes both liked because they are badass, then came the WS6 and the
    SS which were badder looking to say the least and ran a few boltons faster with the same pro driver........im a owner and fan of WS6's but I also love SS's and the vette is always on top sonny boy....GM dont make a Z28 to be better than a WS6 or SS, just like they dont make a WS6 or vette to be better than a vette...sometimes people cant drive and sometimes they can...trust me I havnt seen many people beat my 1/4 mile time in cars like mine or SS's and Z28's andT/A's are where the Z28's are, and I have beat a lot of vettes, but not when I was stock, and the vettes handle even better than a suspensioned up WS6 or SS, they are 50/50 weight ratio and lower COG and wider, they are bad, but cost more to work on, so we take our losses and make our cars faster for cheaper, maybe u can say that about ur Z28 against my 01 WS6...my car was .4-.5 thenths faster than urs from the beginning so I paid $5000 more for my car than u, and u can make ur car as fast as mine for $1000...but does it still look like mine?.....and can u still get out of urs that I will get out of mine??????????11.99's on street tires with a untouched motor?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    Lemons you dont exist anymore, but I like looking at ur posts and replys and what have ya....they made Z28's and T/A's to be a fast car that chicks and dudes both liked because they are badass, then came the WS6 and the
    SS which were badder looking to say the least and ran a few boltons faster with the same pro driver........im a owner and fan of WS6's but I also love SS's and the vette is always on top sonny boy....GM dont make a Z28 to be better than a WS6 or SS, just like they dont make a WS6 or vette to be better than a vette...sometimes people cant drive and sometimes they can...trust me I havnt seen many people beat my 1/4 mile time in cars like mine or SS's and Z28's andT/A's are where the Z28's are, and I have beat a lot of vettes, but not when I was stock, and the vettes handle even better than a suspensioned up WS6 or SS, they are 50/50 weight ratio and lower COG and wider, they are bad, but cost more to work on, so we take our losses and make our cars faster for cheaper, maybe u can say that about ur Z28 against my 01 WS6...my car was .4-.5 thenths faster than urs from the beginning so I paid $5000 more for my car than u, and u can make ur car as fast as mine for $1000...but does it still look like mine?.....and can u still get out of urs that I will get out of mine??????????11.99's on street tires with a untouched motor?
    You haven't run 11.99s on street tires with an untouched motor as of yet though.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

my posts are funny? here watch this... im not going to alter any of this, this is STRAIGHT from what you just posted... heres a good laugh for some educated people..

then came the WS6 and the
    SS which were badder looking to say the least and ran a few boltons faster with the same pro driver......
    they ran a few bolt ons faster? how the fuck is this??? you set down a set of headers and an intake at the end of the track and thats how much they win by? "badder" you got me there.... im stumped..

the vette is always on top sonny boy
    lmao, IRS is a bitch.. i see MANY MANY more 98-02 fbodys running faster times than 97-02 base model vettes.. SHOULD the vetter be faster? yes... is it always, no.. is it sometimes? yes.. depends on the two cars.. a stock base model vette is NOT set up for a drag race as well as an fbody, regardless of year..

GM dont make a Z28 to be better than a WS6 or SS
    are we talking just ls1s? if yes, see above... if no, you have a LOT to learn..
    WS6 or vette to be better than a vette...
    wait, what?
    trust me I havnt seen many people beat my 1/4 mile time in cars like mine or SS's and Z28's andT/A's are where the Z28's are
    you may not have seen too many... but there are PLENTY EVERYWHERE!!!! doesnt matter if its ram air or base model.. i love how you categorize everything in ram air and base models like there is no comparison..

the vettes handle even better than a suspensioned up WS6 or SS,
    show me ONE base model ls1 corvette that can handle better than a fully "suspensioned up" fbody..
    but cost more to work on,
    they are the same car... same parts... same amount of money to do the same things..
    maybe u can say that about ur Z28 against my 01 WS6.
    after all this, you still have not paid enough attention to know i drive a TA..

y car was .4-.5 thenths faster than urs from the beginning so I paid $5000 more for my car than u
    no you werent .4-.5 tenths faster... i ran 8.4@84mph WITH LESS MODS THAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes, i have the slip to prove this.. you paid 5k more for nothing else but to say you owned a true ws6... i paid 7k so i could have a 10 second car..

nd u can make ur car as fast as mine for $1000...but does it still look like mine?.....
    i made my car faster than yours for free.. still doesnt look like yours? you have a hood... thats it.. lmao..

and last time i checked a ws9 hood looked LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than a stock ws6 hood..
    like i have said before, set your car next to mine and see how many looks your car DOESNT GET!

11.99's on street tires with a untouched motor?

i dont know if i could or not, never tried, probably never will.. just like you dont know, and probably never will because your some POS ricer fan boy that wants to talk about how fast his car would be with so and so mods..

GUESS WHAT YOUR RUNNING YOUR MOUTH TO A 10 SECOND CAR!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You haven't run 11.99s on street tires with an untouched motor as of yet though.
    he doesnt understand this... its endless stupidity..

he is worse than a LOT of trolls on this site.. many many useless threads/posts by him over and over.. i have seen VERY few posts that had something positive in them, can we not get a ban?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

if misinformation was a drug..then you would be O.D'd ..almost everything you said is wrong...and i feel sorry for anyone that believes what you sasy.

Pewter
    02 WS-6 w/ Ram Air

Jumping in to this thread a little late but the first time I dino' my WS-6 bone stock was 342 hp and 352 torque. Then I did the lid and catback. Added 10 to each. Everyone said factory freak.

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

my posts are funny? here watch this... im not going to alter any of this, this is STRAIGHT from what you just posted... heres a good laugh for some educated people..

they ran a few bolt ons faster? how the fuck is this??? you set down a set of headers and an intake at the end of the track and thats how much they win by? "badder" you got me there.... im stumped..

lmao, IRS is a bitch.. i see MANY MANY more 98-02 fbodys running faster times than 97-02 base model vettes.. SHOULD the vetter be faster? yes... is it always, no.. is it sometimes? yes.. depends on the two cars.. a stock base model vette is NOT set up for a drag race as well as an fbody, regardless of year..

are we talking just ls1s? if yes, see above... if no, you have a LOT to learn..

wait, what?

you may not have seen too many... but there are PLENTY EVERYWHERE!!!! doesnt matter if its ram air or base model.. i love how you categorize everything in ram air and base models like there is no comparison..

show me ONE base model ls1 corvette that can handle better than a fully "suspensioned up" fbody..

they are the same car... same parts... same amount of money to do the same things..

after all this, you still have not paid enough attention to know i drive a TA..

no you werent .4-.5 tenths faster... i ran 8.4@84mph WITH LESS MODS THAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes, i have the slip to prove this.. you paid 5k more for nothing else but to say you owned a true ws6... i paid 7k so i could have a 10 second car..

i made my car faster than yours for free.. still doesnt look like yours? you have a hood... thats it.. lmao..

and last time i checked a ws9 hood looked LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than a stock ws6 hood..
    like i have said before, set your car next to mine and see how many looks your car DOESNT GET!

11.99's on street tires with a untouched motor?

i dont know if i could or not, never tried, probably never will.. just like you dont know, and probably never will because your some POS ricer fan boy that wants to talk about how fast his car would be with so and so mods..

GUESS WHAT YOUR RUNNING YOUR MOUTH TO A 10 SECOND CAR!!!!!!

he doesnt understand this... its endless stupidity..

he is worse than a LOT of trolls on this site.. many many useless threads/posts by him over and over.. i have seen VERY few posts that had something positive in them, can we not get a ban?
    I think you need banned over anyone, I never say anything negative to anyone unless they start it first...I like when people just give a straight answer....11.99 is what my goal is without cam/heads or anything, grant it that going to be pretty hard to do and im sure it will take ET streets and i'd prolly blow my stock rearend doing it, I really would be happy right now with 12.50's.....your car runs 10's prolly cause u have a lot done to your car, there is a lot of 10 second LS1 cars

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 1st TA View Post
    Jumping in to this thread a little late but the first time I dino' my WS-6 bone stock was 342 hp and 352 torque. Then I did the lid and catback. Added 10 to each. Everyone said factory freak.
    that is quite impressive...what type of dyno and when was it calibrated/sae corrected ? not saying yours isnt a freak..but dyno's are misleading..the only way to really tell if your car is a freak is to go out and run it at the track. as is it a A4 or a m6 ?

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    if misinformation was a drug..then you would be O.D'd ..almost everything you said is wrong...and i feel sorry for anyone that believes what you sasy.
    nicely put shady!

everyone keeps telling him this... but for some odd reason he doesnt want to take any information we give him and think that his superior mechanic buddy could be right..

I think you need banned over anyone, I never say anything negative to anyone unless they start it first...I like when people just give a straight answer....11.99 is what my goal is without cam/heads or anything, grant it that going to be pretty hard to do and im sure it will take ET streets and i'd prolly blow my stock rearend doing it, I really would be happy right now with 12.50's.....your car runs 10's prolly cause u have a lot done to your car, there is a lot of 10 second LS1 cars
    i need banned? lol, for what? your on here saying a SHIT TON of HORRIBLY INACCURATE information that gives new comers a TOTALLY wrong idea of our car making you and them look like idiots.. im trying to help you, and them out... not nearly enough meriting a ban..

i have given you a straight/slightly curved/crooked/circle/square/triangular/etc answer over and over and over again, and for some reason you wont listen..

11.99 without heads or cam isnt hard to hit at all... you just have to know how to setup your car up.. im running low 10s on my stock rear with slicks, no reason you should blow yours running what you do unless its weak already..
    i didnt say there werent tons of 10 second cars.... i said yours is no where near 10 seconds..
    wow, you figured something out... OF COURSE im running 10s because im modded.... you dont run 10s stock...

98' trans am

11.99 without heads or cam isnt hard to hit at all... you just have to know how to setup your car up
    i dont know about not hard at all ..a well tuned suspension, some weight reduction and the right gearing and it can be done...but i will be lucky to hit 12.5 with bolt on + stall..i'd love to hit 12.3 ..but we will have to wait and see

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

i dont know about not hard at all ..a well tuned suspension, some weight reduction and the right gearing and it can be done...but i will be lucky to hit 12.5 with bolt on + stall..i'd love to hit 12.3 ..but we will have to wait and see
    ahhhh, i suppose... i would say 10.9 H/C is more rare than a 11.9 bolt ons... but idk thats a close call..

the difference in getting from a 13.0 to a 11.9 isnt that hard... getting from an 11.5 to a 10.9 is a LOT harder... and you know how it goes from there..

Pewter
    02 WS-6 w/ Ram Air

that is quite impressive...what type of dyno and when was it calibrated/sae corrected ? not saying yours isnt a freak..but dyno's are misleading..the only way to really tell if your car is a freak is to go out and run it at the track. as is it a A4 or a m6 ?
    It was on a Dynojet at Redline in Festus, MO. Could not tell you when it was calibrated. Car club had a dino day there, it was a blast. Never had seen a dino let alone had my car run on one until that day. The car is a M6 and I have never taken it to a track up to this point. More or less just in it for the thrill of the drive. I looked over both dino sheets and did not see any mention of calibration date. Love driving this thing though.

98' trans am

ahhhh, i suppose... i would say 10.9 H/C is more rare than a 11.9 bolt ons... but idk thats a close call..

the difference in getting from a 13.0 to a 11.9 isnt that hard... getting from an 11.5 to a 10.9 is a LOT harder... and you know how it goes from there..
    oh i know..

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Haha. When I saw the title of this thread I was wondering which page you'd come in with your retarded dribble drabble.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Haha. When I saw the title of this thread I was wondering which page you'd come in with your retarded dribble drabble.
    he came in and kept pwning me like he always has...............

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    dribble drabble.
    hell yeah i love saying that.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by DarthD View Post
    From my Dyno Database - Dyno Jet, SAE correction, all Manual Transmission

01-02 WS6 average 314hp to the wheels.
    01-02 Trans Am (Non WS6) average 308hp to the wheels
    The extra power from the WS6 comes mostly from the muffler. It is less restrictive than a regular TA muffler. It is not from the Ram Air hood.

99 Cobra average 272 hp to the wheels
    01 Cobra average 274 hp to the wheels
    03-04 Mach I average 275 hp to the wheels
    01-04 Corvette average 305hp to the wheels

As far as the 305 being a POS engine, you may want to re-think that.

Most people agree that the Ford 5.0 was an awesome engine for it's day. It was rated at 225 hp but, Ford later admitted that it was overrated by about 10 hp. (they did not dyno with the air silencer and all accessories in place.)

Also, each passing year the engine lost a little power as Ford changed cam specs and computer tuning for better drivability and emissions. In the end the 5.0 Ford was a 205 hp engine with 275lbs of torque.

In the end, the 305 TPI Chevy engine was a 230hp engine with 300lbs of torque.
    I don't know about you, but it seems to me that the 305 was a pretty damn good engine when compared to the Ford. I think there are a few factors that gave this engine a bad reputation.
    1. The first TPI cars could only be purchased with an auto transmission. When racing a 5 speed Mustang, the Camaro/Auto will lose, and it will loose bad.

2. Even when the T5 became available, the Camaro still weighed more than a Mustang. The Camaro needed the extra torque of the 350 to beat a light weight Mustang. Even with the 230 hp version of the 305, the Camaro would still loose more than it would win. They were close at this point, but the Mustang was, on average still slightly quicker.

3. Most Camaros had the LG4 or LO3 305. These engines were not performance engines and would loose bad to a Mustang. This really added to the reputation of the 305 being a POS and added to the mind set of a lot of people that 3rd gen Camaros were slow while Mustangs were Kings of the road.
    Some mostly useless statistics:
    58% of all 3rd Gen Camaros had a V8 Engine.
    Only 9.5% of all 3rd Gen Camaros had a 305TPI Engine.
    Only 3% of all 3rd Gen Camaros had a 350 TPI Engine.
    So, when a Mustang pulled up to a V8 Camaro at a stop light, the odds were it was an LG4 or an LO3. Another easy Camaro Kill for a 5.0.

Bob Cosby (Corral.net) performed a solid axle swap on a Cobra. He dynoed before and after the swap. I do not remember exact numbers, but he saw very little difference. I think it made a few hp less with the solid axle(If I remember correctly)

The Cams for the F-Body and Corvette are identicle from 2001-2004.
    The Vette may have a slightly better flowing exhaust, but the air intake is slightly more restrictive.
    The Fbody will dyno higher than the Corvette on average.

The LS1 does not have a large build tolerance. The exact opposite is true. I read a statement from GM that said all LS1 engines are within 1% or 2% (Can't remember which) of each other in horsepower. Maybe it was 3%? Either way they were bragging that these engines are all very close to each other. The lowest DynoJet numbers I have for an 01-02 WS6 T56 is 301hp with the maximum being 328hp. All of the other
    There are many factors that will cause variance in dyno numbers even with the same car.

Condition of air filter
    Air pressure in tires
    Condition (Age) of engine oil
    Temperature of engine oil, Transmission Fluid, Differential fliud
    Temperature of engine
    Sparkplug condition
    Correction Factor used
    Ventilation in dyno room
    Dyno Calibration

I'm sure there are more things these are just off the top of my head.
    I have seen many runs where a car 'gains' 10 - 15 hp from the first run to the third run with no changes made to anything. I think this is mainly due to the thining of the engine oil, trans oil, and differntial oil.

This percentage depends on numbers from which dyno brand you are quoting and if are you going by factory rated crank hp or the aftermarket rated crank hp.
    The factory uses a correction factor that gives slightly lower numbers than the aftermarket.
    Most manual cars, on a Dynojet, using factory rated hp, (when it it accuratly rated) will show around an 11% loss to the wheels. Autos, on a Dynojet, show about 15% loss. 350 hp -11% loss = 311.5 hp

Other dyno brands will show a different percentage of loss because they will give different numbers for RWHP.
    i hear what you're saying about the 305, however no matter how you lay out the numbers, a 5.0 stang would rape a 305. the 305 is just a poor engine design back then for a sports car, with its all stroke no bore make up. it was impossible to get good flowing heads on it because it's very hard to fit a big valve in the small bore and throw a nice size cam in it. good torque on the low end, but little rpm.

this is what made the 5.0 more desireable and easire to mod--- better support for it and more options.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

comming in here late, im kind of wondering what getcha is going to say now

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    more shit out of his ass.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    more shit out of his ass.
    how dare you disrespect the all so knowing and mighty getcha!

its going to be some long ass reply that shows he didnt learn ANYTHING from my previous posts, and it will include the same things that he has said in the last 50 replies... probably a personal attack on me somewhere in the mix... some horrible grammar and spelling...

98' trans am

and it will include the same things that he has said in the last 50 replies... probably a personal attack on me somewhere in the mix... some horrible grammar and spelling...
    welcome to ls1.com good sir

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information