Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

WS6 got STOLEN

This is a discussion on WS6 got STOLEN within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 I put mine in my garage with the wheels off. If it is illegal to hide ...

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I put mine in my garage with the wheels off. If it is illegal to hide your VIN plates then how come when I bought my charger you can't see them lol, and I got both state and federal inspections done when I got it. Maybe it is different in VA. There are also police everywhere where I live so maybe that is a deterrent. That and I live in a quiet neighborhood with nosy neighbors.
    That's straight from the DMV here in Arizona,,,not sure how it works in Virginia since I don't live there. Could be more laxed.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Humm....I see I need to look at some blue masking tape.

When I went to have a spare ignition key made I had to show the registration to prove it's my car at the dealership here.

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

When I went to have a spare ignition key made I had to show the registration to prove it's my car at the dealership here.
    Some do and some don't. When I had my keys made, they just read the code on the key by sticking it in a little machine,,,ground a key and I was on my way.

That's also not to say that there are probably thieves working in conjunction with someone at a dealership that can cut the keys too (I'm guessing) Since the news made a big deal about it a few years ago.

arctic white
    99 Trans am

Sucks to here, from what I've seen on other sites New Orleans has been a hot spot for stolen f-bodies for the past few years; all the same, no broken glass or signs of forced entry. Some believe someone has a "hookup" at a dealer and just gets the vin# and has a key made, who knows.
    Google "stolen f-body in new orleans" or "stolen ws6 in new orleans" you'll see many results.

M6 BBK Lts, GMMG, G2 Super Springs, Ls6 intake, pro 5.0,Ported stock TB, Tuned by Frost
    95 Maxima M5 Kyb Gr2 shocks DD

Yes.
    bunch of them

Just another reason we shoulda left NOLA underwater.

They were talking about hot spots for car theft on the news a couple weeks ago. Arizona used to be ranked right up in the top 3 states for car theft but recent studies showed that AZ has dropped quite a bit lately. I forget which states were the worst now.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    They were talking about hot spots for car theft on the news a couple weeks ago. Arizona used to be ranked right up in the top 3 states for car theft but recent studies showed that AZ has dropped quite a bit lately. I forget which states were the worst now.
    I think New Jersey (specifically Essex and Union counties) is pretty high up on the list-or they used to be. I'll dig around and see if I can come up with something.

Edit: Here is some info I came across. http://m.autos.aol.com/article/top-10-cities-car-theft/
    Last edited by FinZ28; 09-24-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Same here!

Sorry to hear that man. I'm definitely going to take some extra precautions now.
    Last edited by Young11b; 09-24-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I feel for ya man, hopefully they get what's coming to em.
    Always pisses me off to hear of people doing things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
    I think New Jersey (specifically Essex and Union counties) is pretty high up on the list-or they used to be. I'll dig around and see if I can come up with something.

Edit: Here is some info I came across. The Top 10 Cities Where Your Car Is Most Likely To Be Stolen - AOLAutos
    Interesting read. 7 out of the top 10 are in California Wow.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Hey quick thing to add as well. Some of you have may have heard this and some may not have. i know you all hate using keys in the doors bc the possibility of scratching the black key hole.....the fobs that are on the keys peeps can pick up with certain frequencies and unlock your car as well...you can even jail break smart phones and download apps that pick up the same signal as you shoot to your car with key fobs....like everyone else has said...make it difficult for him or her to steal especially if your on the road or in a new area. personally i would do the fuze box, unplug the computer. disengage maf....depends how un lazy and a little paraniod you are. and if all else fails.....put a remote dedonated bomb in your car with a camera linked up to the internet and show the freakout the thief has in the car and then detonate it....keep thieves thinking twice hahaha

<--------------look at my picture...that says to thieves of f-bodies....they go boom

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

My 96FB had a separate alarm system install from previous owner. I had a plug that I could pull and it killed the starter and fuel pump. Was very handy when I went to the field or deployments. Wife had her own car and never like driving mine.

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Interesting read. 7 out of the top 10 are in California Wow.
    Actually Newark, Camden and Trenton (state capital) are so scary and violent that no one with a nice car wants to take it there. The preferred method of obtaining the car of your choice is Car Jacking in partnership with Smith & Wesson. Once the thieves get their feet wet with some jacking experience they then upgrade to the burbs and become proficient in breaking and entering. There's a definite career path and ladder of progression to more major crimes in the future.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I feel for you man, i'm really sorry...Back when my dad was selling his NSX, some guy stole it (someone who came to look at the car). Fortunate for my dad after a week of searching he found the car in a parking lot; guy was arrested. Was a repeat offender, surprise surprise.

Any news OP? It's been a long while

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

When I'm not gonna drive mine for a while I disconnect the coil packs.

That really sucks and is a nightmare of mine.

For what's it worth, I have parked a sports car in Trenton and probably Newark. Much of Trenton is safe. Now, with a better car, I'd never leave it in a place like that without a club on the steering wheel. Actually, I try not to leave my car anywhere more than a few hours without the club in place.

Is there more of a black market for these cars now that many of the parts are no longer being made?

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Status on this Nation? Did they ever find the car? Or did insurance take care of it?

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Status on this Nation? Did they ever find the car? Or did insurance take care of it?
    they never recovered the car,but im currently searching for another one hopefully i can find one as clean as mine for a decent price

Probably long gone in Mexico by now.

black
    2004 silverado ss

Quote Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
    Sad to say, if somebody wants the car bad enough, they'll get it regardless. A couple of guys and a wrecker will have the car hooked up in no time and it'll be gone before you know it.
    I had my truck stolen that way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information