Thread: Ws6 exhaust?

red
    2000 WS6 MANUAL

Ws6 exhaust?

What Headers/Exhaust combo is best for a WS6... I still need that ls6 manifold but am i curious which headers and exhaust is best! Hears good things about KOOKS and Pacesetter also the magnaflow catback with 4 inch tips are SWEET!! Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Which is best is subjective. I can tell you I like my Pacesetter LT's and Magnaflow exhaust, then somebody else will chime in with a different setup and tell you how much they like theirs. Try to find a car in your area that has a setup like you want, or go online and listen to some different exhaust setups and see what you like best.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Welcome to the site, I recommend looking over this thread. Lots of good useful info in here that should help you out.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f63/comple...thread-126089/

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I run the Kooks LT's, catted Y and Magnaflow catback with the 4" dual tips on our car. Added a DMH cutout to it after the fact. As far as fitment, quality and overall sound, this makes a great combo. And yes, the tips are "sweet":

red
    2000 WS6 MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I run the Kooks LT's, catted Y and Magnaflow catback with the 4" dual tips on our car. Added a DMH cutout to it after the fact. As far as fitment, quality and overall sound, this makes a great combo. And yes, the tips are "sweet":

Click for full size
    THATS MY DREAM SETUP!!! KOOKS with those tips how much did that total setup run you?

red
    2000 WS6 MANUAL

IF I go with full exhaust would the LS6 MANIFOLD be a must have? Thinkin bout the magnaflow for sure but dont know If Kooks or pacesetters would be best, Lookin for the best bang for the buck

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Kooks are expensive. I have their 1-7/8" headers and their ORY. Go to their site and look at the prices if you would like to get a ballpark. You are looking at over a grand though; not included the actual exhaust. If you also want their dual set-up, you are looking at well over 3K just for a full exhaust.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by WS SIX View Post
    What Headers/Exhaust combo is best for a WS6... I still need that ls6 manifold but am i curious which headers and exhaust is best! Hears good things about KOOKS and Pacesetter also the magnaflow catback with 4 inch tips are SWEET!! Any help would be appreciated thanks!
    I am biased towards what i have which is KooKs LT`s ( 1/78) & KooKs hi-flo cats w/ 3'' Magnaflow catback. Everyone has different tastes for sound etc,,,so?...But a word of warning- you know you cant pass our emissions w/Lt`s w/o a ''friendly tech'' right? So i`d suggest keeping the stock manifolds-(or go shortys which some think arent much better than stock?) and go with a cut-out because every other year im a nervous wreck when its smog time!!!!

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

that 4 inch tip looks sick. I had Pacesetter LTs and ORY pipe, and a magnaflow catback. It was nice, good sound. It was a little quieter than the hooker catback i had on it before that, I honestly liked the hooker catback better. Sounds a little meaner at idle.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I liked my magnaflow, it was tamer than the GMMG but it was nice when i left for work at 6:30 in the morning. Plus i never thought i'd admire a set of tips so damn much, even more than the CME. I miss that catback lol

Black
    2000 WS6

My buddy has Magnaflows on his Camaro.
    They sound nice but, I popped for the SLP II cat back system and like it a lot more.
    Even the shop where I had it installed who sells Magnas said it sounds better.
    Then he asked me not to drive around his shop cause it would hurt his Magna sales. LOL
    Check out the SLP II.
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I'll post up my exhaust setup and clip. I run 1 7/8" QTP LT's, with a custom stainless ORY, into a Borla adjustable with no restrictors. It'll draw some attention. Some of the members on here have heard it in person, and they can give their opinions as well.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Mods in signature.....

Open headers...

@ idle and a quick couple of revs

I have to say I'm not disappointed at all with my exhaust setup, well with the exception of no cut out yet.....
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I have OBX 1 3/4x3" stainless steel headers, Highflow catted y-pipe, and SLP loudmouth exhaust. It sounds really nice and loud but not ridiculous and no rasp but I may gut the cats at a later point.

1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Thread Information