Thread: ws6 build

Black
    98 Pontiac TA WS6

ws6 build

I got a 98 ta ws6 what do people usually do as far as building?
    so far ive heard ls6 intake ls7 heads/cam/ and clutch im just wondering what people usually do to these cars?

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

Rear end is one that you should do if you wanting to make big power these 10 bolts break on stock power. Headers i would also say

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Start with the simple stuff -- subframe connectors, lower control arms, and panhard bar and then maybe the rear. Doesn't do you any good to up the power if you cannot reliably put it to the ground.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I guess it depends on what your goals and budget are as to what you do. As mentioned, the wisest course is to beef up the drivetrain and suspension first, to handle the extra power. After that, you need to pick a direction - weekend warrior, drag only, autox, daily driver, ect., and go from there.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I guess it depends on what your goals and budget are as to what you do. As mentioned, the wisest course is to beef up the drivetrain and suspension first, to handle the extra power. After that, you need to pick a direction - weekend warrior, drag only, autox, daily driver, ect., and go from there.
    All good info. SFCs, LCAs, panhard, torque arm (get the mount off the trans), those should make your suspension pretty good. Could also get new struts/springs (lower it as well). As far as a rear is concerned, 12 bolt or 9", the latter preferably. (then you can add gears, 4.10's or 3.73's)

As for power gains, start simple once again, filter/lid, ls6 intake, Lt headers, y-pipe/cat back. porting the tb and putting in an ls7 clutch are also good things to do. Wrap it up with a decent tune and you got a 350-360rwhp car that handles beautifully, is reliable, and is a perfect dd. If you want more well then, head/cam/further the intake. Step by step.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

ditto: Torque arm, Subframe connectors, Headers are almost always top 3 suggestions, Rearend is hit or miss, baisc concesus I've seen is you can can replace it before it goes or cross your fingers, but most don't recommend putting money into the factory unit. From there personal preferance on direction.

Personally my car has almost 130k on it, and I BROKE my factory torque arm and my motor mounts were also destroyed, so as the saying goes: "if it's broke, Upgrade it"

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Personally if the car doesn't have them then sfc first. Will save you some issues with body panels since stock power can cause issues.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Mudlitz View Post
    I got a 98 ta ws6 what do people usually do as far as building?
    so far ive heard ls6 intake ls7 heads/cam/ and clutch im just wondering what people usually do to these cars?
    You can't put ls7 heads on a ls1. They won't work with the smaller bore of the ls1. They will physically bolt up but the issue is the valves I believe, plus you won't be able to use them with the ls6 cathedral port intake since the ls7 heads are rectangular port.

Thread Information