Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wrong Place Wrong Time

This is a discussion on Wrong Place Wrong Time within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; That's pretty rough! Hopefully insurance steps up and gets everything back to the way it was before, both on the ...

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

That's pretty rough! Hopefully insurance steps up and gets everything back to the way it was before, both on the car and you.

black
    2000 ss

I'd have to say that the impact was unlikely to have been as fast as 40(ish) - about 15 years back I got rear-ended in my first IROC by a Rover 214 (tiny English POS ) doing about 35/40... I got pushed into the car in-front an Isuzu SUV and lifted it off the ground, the trunk-space was flat, the rear bumpers were pushed into the tyres and the glass hatch exploded (now THAT makes some noise!!!)

whiplash and physio followed but being typically macho I figured after a week or so that I was now fine/cured and stopped going (shame there's no icon for total friggin arsehole - 'cause that's what I was!!) - neck is still fecked and there's nothing that can be done... long and the short of this little tale is even if you think your neck is ok keep on with the physio or whatever and a (literal) pain in the neck is not fun

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Nuuuuu not a MRM Trans Am ;.; Hey if they try n rip u off, since your car is already rare being a Trans Am, but that of being Maple Red Metallic which GM like 9 of, i am pretty sure u can keep em from totalling it, when my car got hit, I told em they only made 280~ Automatic SoM WS6's, n with a VIN checker, n all of its RPO codes it became 1 of 1, so I tried to use anything I could so they wouldn't total my birdy, n then took her to a Cadi dealership n had em work on her, cant even tell she got hit

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Glad you're ok, make sure whoever does the repair uses GM parts, there is a difference. And it does sound like you have some amount of whiplash going on, don't forget to get some $$$ for that and your lost time. Pain and suffering. Also sounds/looks like about $5500 in damage.

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

=X mine looked like 5k in dmg, when all said n done, came out of the dealership @ 10k

=X mine looked like 5k in dmg, when all said n done, came out of the dealership @ 10k
    The key word here is "dealership"

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

I am worried that they will try and total her. Being that I'm in LOVE with my car, I will do anything to keep her.... ANYTHING!! Also, I'm having to work through the pain. Gotta pay my bills, therefore I can't stop working. So Im affraid to tell the doc that my neck is hurting, being that I don't want them to take me out of work.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

On a similar note, just yesterday I was on an off ramp waiting for a red light to change. A guy came flying up the ramp and slammed into the car next to me, shoving that car into the one in front of it, just like what happened to you. All I could think was 'thank goodness that jackass was turning right instead of left!'...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Fearls1 View Post
    I am worried that they will try and total her. Being that I'm in LOVE with my car, I will do anything to keep her.... ANYTHING!! Also, I'm having to work through the pain. Gotta pay my bills, therefore I can't stop working. So Im affraid to tell the doc that my neck is hurting, being that I don't want them to take me out of work.
    If your neck is still hurting, you would not be smart to try to ignore it! Go back to the doctor and tell him, now.

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Try n bring up to them that the Car is beyond rare, tell em GM only made so many Maple Red Metallic Trans Am, run the vin n see how many it is out of, being that color, with all RPO codes n such it'll prolly be 1 of 1, n i reccomend taking her to a good GM dealership, or a very reputable body shop, sure the stealerships are expensive, but in most cases i've seen they've made some cars look like n smell like it just came off the lot. Dont let em total ure bird she is such a pretty color, n argue in any way that they'll never see any bird like her

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I wouldn't tempt fate and make things worse. Go to your doctor asap.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

glad to hear your alright, hope you get compensated for it

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Draik View Post
    Try n bring up to them that the Car is beyond rare, tell em GM only made so many Maple Red Metallic Trans Am, run the vin n see how many it is out of, being that color, with all RPO codes n such it'll prolly be 1 of 1, n i reccomend taking her to a good GM dealership, or a very reputable body shop, sure the stealerships are expensive, but in most cases i've seen they've made some cars look like n smell like it just came off the lot. Dont let em total ure bird she is such a pretty color, n argue in any way that they'll never see any bird like her
    +1...

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    If your neck is still hurting, you would not be smart to try to ignore it! Go back to the doctor and tell him, now.
    definitely +1...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    On a similar note, just yesterday I was on an off ramp waiting for a red light to change. A guy came flying up the ramp and slammed into the car next to me, shoving that car into the one in front of it, just like what happened to you. All I could think was 'thank goodness that jackass was turning right instead of left!'...
    no shit

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Update:

I faxed all the reports and bills to the insurance company yesterday. I call today, no faxes... Other than that, I have to drive my poor busted bird around. Oh, and the kid that hit me, still won't return any of his insurance companys phone calls. I knew this would be fun

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

love the attitude

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Get a good chiropracter and see what you can get for all that pain and suffering, not to mention the time wasted at the hospital and the down time for the car being repaired. It's alot of hastle and stress. I got $5k for someone hitting me for all my pain, suffering, and headaches.
    You would need two doctors that say you have suffered damages and you need it in writing. If the kid was 17, his parents would have to pay the cost of the damages within a 5 year period. Anything the court feels they cannot afford will be discharged at that expiration date. The kids' insurance also reserves the right to use their doctor which is most likely paid off to say youre fine which would probably make the court rule out the pain and suffering due to the evidence being beyond a reasonable doubt....

Lol I'm BS-ing here, it may be true or parts of it but I learned about this in college.

^^apparently I didn't learn enough because I forgot the exact rules and terms

Sorry to see a work of art in that state

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Update:

I faxed all the reports and bills to the insurance company yesterday. I call today, no faxes... Other than that, I have to drive my poor busted bird around. Oh, and the kid that hit me, still won't return any of his insurance companys phone calls. I knew this would be fun
    Just read this.
    If he's not answering his calls the insurance company will serve him a notice to take his bitch ass to court. They will have 30 days to serve him in which they can make the choice to wait until 5 days before the 30th day to serve him and he must respond within that 5 day period or it will result in a default judgement. He will lose and his insurance will rape him.

Again, this may be true or partially true. I am unsure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information