Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Unhappy Wrong Place Wrong Time

I have yet to understand why people do NOT pay attention in construction zones!This F'n Civic piece o shit in front of me began to stop... being that, not one of his tail lights worked I had to slow down kinda fast. But not fast like letting abs come on... just stout braking. I stopped well short of the civic, but the dodge dakota decided that he would'nt stop at all. No matter the Trans Am in front of him. And to my horror I saw a giant green turd in my mirror and braced for impact. He had to have been doing like 35-40mph, cause that impact was hugely powerful. This kid was 17 and still in high school. He doesn't even live close to Claremore. Just plain bad timing on my part.

My friend and I spend like 5 hours at the hospital, a few x-rays and we were released. The Dodge kid was fine. The only thing I could see that went for me, is that the impact smashed the dodge's fan into the radiator. I on the other hand drove off.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Get a good chiropracter and see what you can get for all that pain and suffering, not to mention the time wasted at the hospital and the down time for the car being repaired. It's alot of hastle and stress. I got $5k for someone hitting me for all my pain, suffering, and headaches.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

at least you didnt hit the guy in front of you... then it would be YOUR fault.

glad your fine man. damage doesnt look too terrible, he definatly wasnt going 35-45upon impact, more like 15-20.

and what Ryan said^ milk the kids insurance company for as much as you can, make them think you are WAY more hurt than you are, its the only way to get fair compensation. i too have been in a wreck just like this in my 94 camaro, and wish i was a better actor.
    Last edited by justinmc978; 04-19-2010 at 09:20 PM.

silver
    98 firebird formula

i woulda cried... lol

silver
    98 firebird formula

but! im glad your ok..

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I got rear ended. I ended up maxing out his insurance ($25K) and then almost maxed out my under-insured part of my own insurance, about another ($15K).

I was actually pretty fucked up from the impact though. Went through physical therapy for 8 months with a back injury.

All said and done I ended up OK and got like $13K in my pocket. Was it worth it? Fuuuuuu no.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Fuuuuuuuuuuck insurance gonna cover it? Glad your ok man but you will be sore for a few days lol

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

be glad your ok and the car is not totally fucked, don't fake any pain or try to be a snake and screw the kid over, karma is a bitch
    Last edited by 1998 T/A; 04-19-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling :/

Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Sorry about your Bird Bud the main thing is no serious Injuries to u. The Kid did have ins. right?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Man that sucks.... feel bad for you.

And there are a LOT of construction zones in the Tulsa area right now...I actually almost had the same thing happen to me yesterday on 75 by the Creek where they're building the bridge for 111th street. It was scary, big Ford truck in my case.

Anyway, hope all goes well. You should fight for a good settlement, no reason not to.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

sunset orange metallic
    2002 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    be glad your ok and the car is not totally fucked, don't fake any pain or try to be a snake and screw the kid over, karma is a bitch
    i agree just be glad you werent really hurt bad ,get car fixed ,and a little xtra for some aggravation...

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Thanks everyone! The kid has AAA insurance. My neck still hurts 2 days later, and I had to go back yesterday to get more xrays done. Everything looks good. And they finally gave me some meds to at least hide the pain while I deal cards. All I want is my bird back to normal. No amount of money is worth this bs.

Black
    00 WS6

Make sure you get them to use GM parts and not overseas crap.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

holy crap that sucks huge testicals man. ...what happened to your license plate? did the impact change it? lol glad to know your alright though.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Damn dude, that sucks. Looks like you should only need a new bumper and new tailights so that's not too bad. Is that the full extent of the damage or is there other stuff damaged that we cant see in the pics?
    -Chris

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - stock (under construction)
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post
    Damn dude, that sucks. Looks like you should only need a new bumper and new tailights so that's not too bad. Is that the full extent of the damage or is there other stuff damaged that we cant see in the pics?
    oh yeah no doubt, theres some structural damage for sure

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Ya there is plenty of damage not seen. The driver side quater panel is all bent and bulging. The hatch is cracked and probably not repairable. The estimate so far with just visual is $3200.

As for my license plate "Fearls1", I haven't renewed it yet

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Good to hear you're okay. If the T/A is a loss, which I doubt, get the money and look for another.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Glad you are ok.

If your neck is still hurting days later you may actually have whiplash. It is one of the hardest things to disprove as well. If you cannot rotate your head you need to go see a chiro. Back pain being the hardest to disprove.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Fearls1 View Post
    Ya there is plenty of damage not seen. The driver side quater panel is all bent and bulging. The hatch is cracked and probably not repairable. The estimate so far with just visual is $3200.

As for my license plate "Fearls1", I haven't renewed it yet
    That sucks. Well, if they end up quoting the car as a total loss, then you can just take the money, then buy the car back cheap with a salvage title and repair it and make some money on the deal, lol.

Thread Information