Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wreaked the Trans Am

This is a discussion on Wreaked the Trans Am within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by screaminbird It wasnt his fault if u read the thread like ur supposed too, it says a ...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by screaminbird View Post
    It wasnt his fault if u read the thread like ur supposed too, it says a lady stopped which means everyone else has to slam on the breaks dude dont be an ass im sure u werent speeding before and u had to slam on the brakes

hope the car gets fixed soon
    I'm not being an ass. If he had a few carlengths and was paying attention he should have had plenty of time to stop.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

I agree with INMY01TA. If he was following at a safe distance there still might be some damage but it wouldn't be as bad as it was. Also I would blame the woman that deciced to stop short with traffic behind her.
    I have gotting into a wreck and totaled out a car because of bad decisions.

To comment on the Insurance. My GF was driving my GTP one night because I had to much to drink and got hit in the driver side 1/4. It was her fault and my insurance picked up the tab. All I had to pay was the $500 deductable.

The GTP was 3 years old at the time and it costed $4500 to get repaired. I dont see how the whole side of a car would be cheaper to fix.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I'm not being an ass. If he had a few carlengths and was paying attention he should have had plenty of time to stop.
    I get what your sayen. Just that I wasnt tail gateing or riding his ass and crap, by this time i was just following him. I honestly couldnt see thing in front of him all i could see is a tail gate.

And yes if i would of had a few car lengths and had both hands on the wheel and stayed centered in my lane and constantly check my mirrors and done everthing they teach you in driving class well of course i could of avoided it. But under my circumstances...not very likly.

I couldnt go right the ditch was just hunge. My first instinct was to follow. But nor could i have turned any earlier to the left. That guy from work almost hit someone in the oncoming lane as they passed him. It looked like he was going to flip and just missed the truck in front of him.

Thanks for the input and comments guys. My mom too thinks it was all my fought...my dad just says it could happen to anybody
    Last edited by NorthwoodDavid; 09-06-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling lol

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

That really sucks man. But from what I hear it is a situation hard to avoid especially if you're driving home from work like any other day. You kind of don't expect someone to be full dead stopped. Sounds like that ram truck wasn't paying attention, swerved at the last instant and let you take the hit. What an ass. But yeah, it could happen to anyone. Almost happened to me a couple times.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Accidents happen man. Fix the car and move on.

regarding the insurance.....they should pay for it. I thought all insurance companies had a line in there for uninsured motorists....basically anyone can drive the car and it is covered.

Best of luck getting it fixed.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Sorry for the long response, but:

I work for an Agency and most personal auto policies will state that if you let someone borrow your vehicle and you consider them to be a responsible driver then your insurance will cover any physical damage to your vehicle regardless of fault. There is also the fact that you are a member of his family, regardless of the fact you are in college since the place or your current residence is only a temporary address.

Unless the policy is written through a "Surplus Lines" carrier, you shouldn't have any problems.

However, there would not be any coverage on his policy for damage you caused to someone else's vehicle or property. That would be your own liability as the driver of the car.

The insurance follows the car. Not the driver. You need to call your adjuster or have your dad call them and throw a fit. Make them show your dad in the policy the place that excludes his son from driving his vehicle. If they still give you greif over it, threaten to hire a lawyer, be willing to hire one though. There are a ton of firms out there that will pick up your case.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyprofessor View Post
    regarding the insurance.....they should pay for it. I thought all insurance companies had a line in there for uninsured motorists....basically anyone can drive the car and it is covered.

Best of luck getting it fixed.
    Uninsured Motorist coverage is if you got into an accident in your own vehicle and the other person is at fault, but they do not have insurance, then your policy will cover your damages.

Underinsured Motorist is basically the same except where their insurance is not enough to cover your damages. Your policy will come into play when their limits are exhausted.

Also, both of these coverages are optional. Friendly advice, Make sure you have them included on your policies.

Also, everyone needs to make sure they are carrying enough insurance. If I remember correctly, the bare minimum limits are $15,000 per vehicle total of $30,000 per accident. 15/30 How many vehicles do you see on the road that are worth more than $15,000? I carry 50/100 on my own.
    Last edited by Mike's TA; 09-08-2008 at 10:38 AM.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Forgot to say:

Sorry about the wreck man!! Glad no one was injured.

Good luck with the Insurance.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

comment on that guy earlier, the same that happened to your car happened to my car, i just didnt know about it untili found the paper work in my car. my car came out great from a wreck to the passenger side. gl

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

i would think that the ins should cover it, glad nobody was hurt...now fix your car..fenders on ebay $150 all day long...doors you can get in the for sale section for reasonably cheap or check bone yards...maby you could get it all off one donor car ..check your local bone yards and for sale sections on here and ls1tech.com etc...if you can provide the parts then your cost should go down...which will leave $$ for paint..

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Thanks guys you all have been very helpful.

The car should be in the shop thursday. im taking it to my home town to get it fix i trust the body shop there he does awesome work.

and i have seen a few fenders and doors but ill have to ask him if its cool to bring my own parts. but the insurance is paying for it anyways so its not a big deal.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Hell yeah!

Keep us updated with pics!

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Ok i finally got it fixed! Not the best but i kinda expected that, its wrecked.

Heres the pic i didnt want to make 2 threads over one thing lol

B4:

After:

and just a sexy pic i think

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)
    Searching for LS1 TransAm

Thumbs up

Looks good, nice to see the wheels stayed on there lol.

And that last pic is def. sexy.

black
    1999 Firebird Formula

Awesome man. Brand new again

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i bet you're glad to see it back on the road! congrats

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Awesome! Looks good as new. I was wonder how it ended up.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Thanks guys i missed this thing so much felt like forever.yet i was still on ls1.com every day lol...i dont think that helped
    Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    Awesome! Looks good as new. I was wonder how it ended up.
    as new as a 99 should be i guess, it has a few flaws that are very noticable to me but i pretty much know every detail about it lol. What do mean how it ended up?

Maple Red Metalic
    2000 Trans Am

Nice Ride!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information