View Poll Results: Upgrade to the Corvette?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 42.00%
  • No

87 58.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Would you trade your bird for a corvette?

This is a discussion on Would you trade your bird for a corvette? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by N20LT4 Yeah, Corvette owners are idiots , yet you mentioned you are a previous 350Z owner??? I ...

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Yeah, Corvette owners are idiots, yet you mentioned you are a previous 350Z owner??? I heard the water is contaminated out that way towards Livermore.
    Lol .... No reason to insult me for my preference.

I'm just saying there are a lot of stuck up Vette drivers around here that think they are all that ....

I wouldn't turn down a Aniversary Edition if someone traded me straight across for my Bird for sure.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 10-12-2008 at 07:45 PM.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    Lol .... No reason to insult me for my preference.

I'm just saying there are a lot of stuck up Vette drivers around here that think they are all that ....

I wouldn't turn down a Aniversary Edition if someone traded me straight across for my Bird for sure.
    I'm insulting you now? Man, saw that one coming. Seems everyone plays victim sooner or later.

But yeah, the fact that you wouldn't trade your 'bird wasn't what I was talking about. They are great cars, i've owned 3. I bet you are aware that there are stuck up drivers in just about every kind of make and model, no matter what it is. A lot of times it's just the person that's a pure asshole.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

I have a Corvette and an SS, so (in short) I wouldn't trade my SS for another Corvette of similar value.

My dream car used to be the C4 ZR1 -- since that was out of my price range in college, I picked up a C4 and modded the crap out of it. That was great for the time.

I picked up the SS because it was a chance to get into a more modern sports car (that affords you certain creature comforts) and the LS motor is a great platform for mods. The F-bady seemed to be the most cost efficient way to accomplish this and I preferred the styling of the SS.

It's truly interesting to see how the two cars drive, feel and look completely different! In my case, that "difference" is probably a bit exaggerated because one is the L98 platform and the other is the LS1 platform -- both are completely different motors with their respective strengths and weaknesses.

While in general there seems to be a greater "sense of community" within the Corvette crowd, I still get many more compliments from others for the SS. Frankly, what I like the most about BOTH cars is that you don't see many others that look similar on the road. I LOVE the C5 and the C6, however I just can't stand the fact that I pass a couple on the road each day!
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

humm interesting, I've PM'd you about the differences. I really meant C5 or C5 there is no way I'd go for a C4 the ONLY reason being there is not enough leg room for me in one. it is very tight. I'm a big guy with big feet. the C6 had plenty of room as does my Trans Am but the C4 was way too cramped.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Plus most vette owners I know are stuck up and won't wave back...
    Hell yeah they are! I've got a lot of those kind by me...

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Quote Originally Posted by Gundlach9 View Post
    Haha, I have some of them too. The majority of them down here are cool though. For the ones that are stuck up, fuck em.

10's N/A

Hell, if I saw some complete stranger waving to me on the road I probably wouldn't return the gesture either. Instead i'd be thinking, 'who the fu*k is that?'

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

...just saw this again. I thought you were talking about Vette owners in general. Not ones that wont wave back. My apologies. I can understand sometimes people not wanting to wave back.

10's N/A

Oh no apology needed at all. I know exactly where you are coming from. I use to wave and smile at people with nice rides, but got sick of people being assholes when you are just trying to be nothing but nice to them. Now I just admire their car and keep on goin'......

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

I like the classic vettes. Anything from '84 on up does not appeal to me.

I understand that the vette is more of a pure sports car, but having a back seat and an LS1 to boot (with my Trans Am) works better for me than an overpriced two-seater.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

you may think they are all stuck up but you would get anoyed if every car that passed you wanted to race. i get that in my gto all the time, ricers mini vans, rustangs, ect. but when i went out with my 383 trans am i could not pay anyone to race me, unless it was a kb cobra.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I've been reading where this thread has been going with a bit of amusement, and bewilderment too. Take myself for an example if you will please. I have owned nothing but F-Bodies since my first car at 16, a 1969 Plain Jane Camaro with the 2 barrel 327 210hp backed by a Powerglide. I learned to drive in that car. Loved it, bitten by the F-Body bug and never looked back. My Uncle bought the car new, and gave it to me on my 16th birthday.
    Fast forward to adult years, and I've now owned over a half dozen Camaros, but like most, but certainly not all F-Body owners, I admired and wanted to own a Corvette.
    I am no "Rich snob" I get up at 1AM and work 12 hours a day on average, my wife works her ass off too, our 5 kids are all grown up and moved out now, and we make a good living. When GM offered the "Employee Pricing" on the Corvette for the first time, we jumped on the chance to own our dream car, and sold our SS Camaro.
    The Z06 has seen redline on occasion, I drive it like it was built to be driven, although a car that will do 120+MPH in 3rd gear at redline is a car that doesn't get too many chances to see redline on your local streets.
    So, am I now considered to be an asshole? Because I work hard for a living, and wanted GM's best [besides the ZR-1] sports car?
    Do I wave at people when they wave at me? Sure I do! This car is admired by people of all ages. I once took it on my route on a Sunday, and a elderly gentleman actually waited outside a store at 2AM for me to come out, just to chat about the car. He wanted to know how I liked it, and he was considering buying one, verses a Boxster.
    Just for the record:
    1.) No midlife crisis
    2.) I'm not even thinning on top let alone bald
    3.) I'm not trying to make up for a small penis
    4.) Okay, maybe I was lying on the last one...lol

Junior Member 1 Bad Ass Formula's Avatar

Black
    98 Formula

A Corvette is always a Corvette. They hold their value more, the C5's still have the same LS1 powerplant and if you buy the Z06 you get the LS6, the C6's have the newer LSx engine and the C6 Z06's are totally bad ass, and to me they are pretty agressive looking. The Corvette is totally a sports car while the firebird is more of a Pony/Muscle car, plus there is a different refinement between the cars. What I don't like about the C6 is that in stock form they tend to sound like 4cyl or V6 cars with no rumble at all. But it's still a Corvette. If I could have it my way I'd own both a WS6 and Corvette, but knowing that I'd have to give up the Firebird for a C5 or C6 Corvette, would I do it? Yes. I've always been huge fan of the Corvette's since the C5's came out and after 8 years of owning a Formula "WS6" I think it'd be pretty sweet to move up to a C5 or C6. Just my opinion.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I've been reading where this thread has been going with a bit of amusement, and bewilderment too. Take myself for an example if you will please. I have owned nothing but F-Bodies since my first car at 16, a 1969 Plain Jane Camaro with the 2 barrel 327 210hp backed by a Powerglide. I learned to drive in that car. Loved it, bitten by the F-Body bug and never looked back. My Uncle bought the car new, and gave it to me on my 16th birthday.
    Fast forward to adult years, and I've now owned over a half dozen Camaros, but like most, but certainly not all F-Body owners, I admired and wanted to own a Corvette.
    I am no "Rich snob" I get up at 1AM and work 12 hours a day on average, my wife works her ass off too, our 5 kids are all grown up and moved out now, and we make a good living. When GM offered the "Employee Pricing" on the Corvette for the first time, we jumped on the chance to own our dream car, and sold our SS Camaro.
    The Z06 has seen redline on occasion, I drive it like it was built to be driven, although a car that will do 120+MPH in 3rd gear at redline is a car that doesn't get too many chances to see redline on your local streets.
    So, am I now considered to be an asshole? Because I work hard for a living, and wanted GM's best [besides the ZR-1] sports car?
    Do I wave at people when they wave at me? Sure I do! This car is admired by people of all ages. I once took it on my route on a Sunday, and a elderly gentleman actually waited outside a store at 2AM for me to come out, just to chat about the car. He wanted to know how I liked it, and he was considering buying one, verses a Boxster.
    Just for the record:
    1.) No midlife crisis
    2.) I'm not even thinning on top let alone bald
    3.) I'm not trying to make up for a small penis
    4.) Okay, maybe I was lying on the last one...lol
    Amen to the looking and laughing at times. ... i've had countless people tell me what engine is in which car.... i already know that. I've been inside and out of my T/A I truely am in the "i want both" crowd.

Right now it's nice to have 4 seats at times... i never use more than 3 but it's a handy place to put a lunch bucket or brief case when driving with the T-Tops out.

I am just at odds about wether or not i want to sell my trans am. or just wait not so patiently until i can get a vette. Truth is I love them both and have thought of getting a vette, then buying a T/A that's in newer shape in the future.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    you may think they are all stuck up but you would get anoyed if every car that passed you wanted to race. i get that in my gto all the time, ricers mini vans, rustangs, ect. but when i went out with my 383 trans am i could not pay anyone to race me, unless it was a kb cobra.
    I agree 100% with you. I was just saying that many of the people who drive nicer cars by me tend to be ignorant when I try to compliment them. 383 LT1? Sounds like a kb termie would be all that might be able to keep up with you!

Red
    1998 Trans Am

I love my car and I would not trade for anything. I also love Corvettes c5 and up. I plan on owning other cars but the bird stays forever. I had an LT1 and i sold and drove a truck for year, will never do that again.
    Ofcourse with logic in mind and a straight up trade i would trade for a vette sell it and by back another bird with money left for upgrades.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

I love my bird, would never trade it for a vette. I guess I'm just one of those weird people that has never liked the look of vette's. Past or Present.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information