View Poll Results: Upgrade to the Corvette?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 42.00%
  • No

87 58.00%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Would you trade your bird for a corvette?

This is a discussion on Would you trade your bird for a corvette? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I was perfectly happy with my F-Body.....until I drove a new Z06 Vette...the rest is history gentlemen...the Camaro is gone, ...

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I was perfectly happy with my F-Body.....until I drove a new Z06 Vette...the rest is history gentlemen...the Camaro is gone, long live the Vette!

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I was perfectly happy with my F-Body.....until I drove a new Z06 Vette...the rest is history gentlemen...the Camaro is gone, long live the Vette!
    I was having some of the same feelings after driving a C6 LS3....I just don't think i can bring myself to part with my bird i love the looks!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I say YUCK! to your signature!
    wow i agree with a lot of stuff you say, not that lol, but i guess you are from cali

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    wow i agree with a lot of stuff you say, not that lol, but i guess you are from cali
    That's right. Pro Democrat! To each his own though, I never knock anyone for their own beliefs.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

That's right. Pro Democrat! To each his own though, I never knock anyone for their own beliefs.
    its better to believe in something than nothing

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    its better to believe in something than nothing
    Very true.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    I was having some of the same feelings after driving a C6 LS3....I just don't think i can bring myself to part with my bird i love the looks!
    I missed the 'ol girl there for a while, believe me, I did.
    GM did a great job on the [last] F-Body, and it's a good looking ride, but before you know it, you're eyes will be examining every body crease of your new Corvette, the way Chevy did a number on those blood red calipers, and drilled rotors.
    Not to mention those chromed rims (if you order them) and all the nuances that make the Z06 stand out from the regular Vette are worth noting.
    That you can see who personally built your motor on a plate under the hood.
    When you lift the car, tapping on the Balsa wood floor pans, and admiring that aluminum frame.
    Lots of stuff that'd bore you to tears...unless you owned one.
    My suggestion;
    Go back to that dealership, and test drive a Z06 this time around, make em an offer that's about $20,000 less than sticker and watch him take it!
    That's what I did.
    With the "Employee pricing" offer still in effect, I offered $68,000 on a car that was listing for $88,000.
    Needless to say, with the economy in the shape it's in...they accepted it.
    I'm willing to bet that your dealer would do the same.
    Final note: Sold my Camaro for $15,000 and it only took about 3 weeks.
    Then again, I dropped about $16,000 in it, and it had a brand new [modded] 500HP Crate Engine LS6 in her, so I lost a few bucks there.....

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I missed the 'ol girl there for a while, believe me, I did.
    GM did a great job on the [last] F-Body, and it's a good looking ride, but before you know it, you're eyes will be examining every body crease of your new Corvette, the way Chevy did a number on those blood red calipers, and drilled rotors.
    Not to mention those chromed rims (if you order them) and all the nuances that make the Z06 stand out from the regular Vette are worth noting.
    That you can see who personally built your motor on a plate under the hood.
    When you lift the car, tapping on the Balsa wood floor pans, and admiring that aluminum frame.
    Lots of stuff that'd bore you to tears...unless you owned one.
    My suggestion;
    Go back to that dealership, and test drive a Z06 this time around, make em an offer that's about $20,000 less than sticker and watch him take it!
    That's what I did.
    With the "Employee pricing" offer still in effect, I offered $68,000 on a car that was listing for $88,000.
    Needless to say, with the economy in the shape it's in...they accepted it.
    I'm willing to bet that your dealer would do the same.
    Final note: Sold my Camaro for $15,000 and it only took about 3 weeks.
    Then again, I dropped about $16,000 in it, and it had a brand new [modded] 500HP Crate Engine LS6 in her, so I lost a few bucks there.....

The LS3 i drove was a clients... I don't have the cash to pay out for the car at this point and credit is what got this economy where it's at right now. Congrats on your awesome car... ( the balsawood floor pan) interesting.. i'm always interested in details. feel free to PM/IM or email me.

right now i might trade my bird for a year of free gas

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

i agree with above ^^ if someone wanted to trade a c6 Z06 id do it with out looking back.

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

On the street .... The Bird is all I'll ever need.

On the track .... I'll take my '67 Camaro with the 900HP 472CI

No need for a Vette with the extra insurance and horsepower for the street.

I can't see that I'll ever need a car that is faster than 11 secs on the street. SC will do that for me if I ever wanted to. Heck tax would be almost that on a new Vette. Then registration would start again at $400 or so a year. Mine is down to $89 a year now on my '98 Bird with only 45K miles.....

Yeah, I'll keep mine for a while and beat on the Camaro at the track. ;-)

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

My Camaro ran me $66.00 a month for full coverage. To replace it with the Z06 [same exact coverage except I INCREASED the coverage to $100,00.00 in case it was stolen] it bumped up $39.00 a month to $99.00.
    BIG DEAL!

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    On the street .... The Bird is all I'll ever need.

On the track .... I'll take my '67 Camaro with the 900HP 472CI

No need for a Vette with the extra insurance and horsepower for the street.

I can't see that I'll ever need a car that is faster than 11 secs on the street. SC will do that for me if I ever wanted to. Heck tax would be almost that on a new Vette. Then registration would start again at $400 or so a year. Mine is down to $89 a year now on my '98 Bird with only 45K miles.....

Yeah, I'll keep mine for a while and beat on the Camaro at the track. ;-)

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Vette Owns...i'm sorry.

Vette Owns...i'm sorry.
    Don't know of too many 9 sec Vette's that is easy for us to fix cheaply when you break them racing. If your not breaking them your not racing.

On the street, this car get screams and wet panties just driving by. That doesn't happen when I drive a Vette.

The only down part is that it sets everyone's alarm off. ;-(

However, if I had the money and money wasn't an issue ... a 427 SC Vette would be in the works. That would get the crowd roaring ... ;-)
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 10-12-2008 at 05:28 PM.

10's N/A

Don't know of too many 9 sec Vette's that is easy for us to fix cheaply when you break them racing. If your not breaking them your not racing.

On the street, this car get screams and wet panties just driving by. That doesn't happen when I drive a Vette.

The only down part is that it sets everyone's alarm off. ;-(

However, I had the money and money wasn't an issue ... a 427 SC Vette would be in the works. That would get the crowd roaring ... ;-)
    Well in California, where i'm from, a Corvette is a status symbol that exceeds above what any year F-body does, in my opinion. As far as wet panties go, if were talking about just the car doing most of the talking, which car do you think is going to do a better job? Corvette, hands down. theWeither your talking about '68 Corvette vs. '68
    Firebird...vs '68 Camaro, doesn't matter. No disrespect to the F-body - I own two at the moment, but they are not vettes. And there is an explanation behind why the Corvette has upgrades and a heftier price tag compared to the Camaro; and trust me, had Pontiac build their version of the 'vette, it would have exceeded the Firebird by all means. Two different cars in two totally different leagues, just my .2 though.

and EDIT: I just realized you are from Livermore, so you out of all people should understand where I am coming from.

Artic White
    96 Formula Firebird

Pro Republican here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well in California, where i'm from, a Corvette is a status symbol that exceeds above what any year F-body does, in my opinion. As far as wet panties go, if were talking about just the car doing most of the talking, which car do you think is going to do a better job? Corvette, hands down. theWeither your talking about '68 Corvette vs. '68
    Firebird...vs '68 Camaro, doesn't matter. No disrespect to the F-body - I own two at the moment, but they are not vettes. And there is an explanation behind why the Corvette has upgrades and a heftier price tag compared to the Camaro; and trust me, had Pontiac build their version of the 'vette, it would have exceeded the Firebird by all means. Two different cars in two totally different leagues, just my .2 though.

and EDIT: I just realized you are from Livermore, so you out of all people should understand where I am coming from.
    Ah, I just see the Vette as a status symbol. Every idiot has one in Rudy Hills. No character to buying one. Anyone can do that. I think you can have a better looking Firebird that performs much better for less if you can do at least some of the work yourself. I actually like the looks of my Firebird better than a Vette. The Vette's backend always looked tacked on to me.

I have the money to buy a new Vette right now ... My friends and I have even gone through the same process and have decided to build the older Camaros instead of wasting our money on Vettes. There is four of us now. I can get a Vette anytime I want on Employee discount yet I still haven't jumped at the chance. It's just not worth the money imo. Especially since the Firebird I have is so nice...

When my 350z was totalled by a Lexus owner 5 months ago .... I thought about it again ... I just don't see the value.
    BTW-I don't buy cars to impress others I buy cars to drive. I do like to make them look good at the same time however for my viewing pleasure.
    I'm just saying it's amazing how much attention a '67 Camaro with 900HP gets. Maybe it's the roll bar and huge tires ...... don't know.

Here she is in street trim:

I know most people would rather have a Vette. I'm just saying the built '67 with only $20K in it gets a lot more attention than any stock Vette.
    It must be the Classic nature of it's raw power.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 10-12-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Ah, I just see the Vette as a status symbol. Every idiot has one in Rudy Hills. No character to buying one. Anyone can do that. I think you can have a better looking Firebird that performs much better for less if you can do at least some of the work yourself. I actually like the looks of my Firebird better than a Vette. The Vette's backend always looked tacked on to me.

I have the money to buy a new Vette right now ... My friends and I have even gone through the same process and have decided to build the older Camaros instead of wasting our money on Vettes. There is four of us now. I can get a Vette anytime I want on Employee discount yet I still haven't jumped at the chance. It's just not worth the money imo. Especially since the Firebird I have is so nice...

We my 350z was totalled by a Lexus owner 5 months ago .... I thought about it again ... I just don't see the value.
    BTW-I don't buy cars to impress others I buy cars to drive. I do like to make them look good at the same time however for my viewing pleasure.
    I'm just saying it's amazing how much attention a '67 Camaro with 900HP gets. Maybe it's the roll bar and huge tires ...... don't know.

Click for full size

Click for full size

I know most people would rather have a Vette. I'm just saying the built '67 with only $20K in it gets a lot more attention than any stock Vette.

Sweet camaro. I love older muscle. The big block rumble does indeed attract attention.

10's N/A

We my 350z was totalled by a Lexus owner 5 months ago .... I thought about it again ... I just don't see the value.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Yeah, Corvette owners are idiots, yet you mentioned you are a previous 350Z owner??? I heard the water is contaminated out that way towards Livermore.

Nah, just rich snobby Vette owners in Ruby Hills that don't drive the car the way it was meant to be driven. Those guys buy it for status and have never seen the redline. I am not talking about Vette owners that mod the car or join car clubs to see what their Vette will do. I've learned a lot from those types..... a lot of them being previous F-Body owners.

Just thought I'd clear that up.... In my neck of the woods no one jumps on their Vette. They just cruise them around with their trophy wives and stick their nose in the air. You can't even give them a thumbs up without a neck snap the other way and a "Who are you" look. Yes, generally I driving my Jeep or something ....but, why be rude? The Jeep isn't junk either:

Yes, I am a previous 350Z owner. It was my commute car to keep the miles off of my Bird until late. Z are small, easy to park, and are pretty nice in the hills. Stock to stock they outhandle F-bodies.

However, my modded F-body out handled my old stock Z.

But, some people think a Vette is all that there is ..... I am just happy with what the good Lord has given me. Really that is where it is for me. I can't take it with me so I just make sure I enjoy what I have. ;-) Not, that I wouldn't enjoy a Vette ... I'd just enjoy another house more than if I spent the money on a Vette.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 10-12-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information