View Poll Results: Upgrade to the Corvette?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 42.00%
  • No

87 58.00%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Would you trade your bird for a corvette?

This is a discussion on Would you trade your bird for a corvette? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; The Firebird Is Cooler! Don't Compare Them! Never Sell Out!...

Silver
    2002 Trans Am Ws6

The Firebird Is Cooler! Don't Compare Them! Never Sell Out!

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    At least my penis works.
    but it doesnt count when it comes to cousins

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by RAWPWR3 View Post
    Well, i dont have a mullet, im not an inbred, and im not a redneck, but i do have two T/A's, so i must be king of the hillbillies . I wouldnt trade either of my "piece of sh!t" trans am's for anything on the face of this earth, because to me its more than just a car, and if you dont understand that then i guess youre not a true "car guy", or im just nucking futs. If i wouldve of wanted something else i would have bought it, and maybe thats just what ill do... ive been looking for a DD anyway, perhaps its time to see what all the hipe about these vettes is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWPWR3 View Post
    Im sorry you got the stereotypical idea that just because i have a ceta that it is a super mint low mileage garage queen. I would have loved it if it was, but unfourtunately its not. It has 72k miles on it, it was tboned when in the hands of its previous owner and the rear end is in such horrible condition its amazing it still moves under its own power, and it is my current DD. Despite all that its in pretty good condition, and i plan on fully restoring it one day, but for now it is what it is. And my crappy base model, 19k mile, mrm TA is my baby, go figure . I know i dont have the mileage you have and maybe not the mods, im sorry you took what i said the wrong way, i am by no means telling you what to do, i was simply stating my opinion which is what this thread was about. I wish you good luck in reaching youre decision, and happy motoring.

you need to chill the fuck out there buddy

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    There are an awful lot of C5 and C6 cars around. GM has sold tons of them, and they intend to sell them for at least another three years. The Cx Corvette won't be collectible for a very long time, if ever. The 4th gen WS6 on the other hand is a much more rare car so I would think it would go up in value in the next 10 years.

I agree the 427/454 vettes are worth good money. But if you have a 396 Camaro SS you have the cherry. Or a 426 Hemi 'Cuda, or a 396/454 Chevelle, or a 429 Cobra Jet Mustang - those cars bring top dollar. And a 1977-78 6.6L black Trans Am is very collectible these days.

What Corvettes are collectible? The C1 and C2 are. C3? Rarely. C4? Not unless it's the ZR1, and even then it's still boring looking. C5? It's square front end make it kind of odd looking. C6? Probably the ZR1 and Z06. Overall, Corvettes are not collectible cars.

this the 4th gen ws6 will raise in value soon b.s makes me laugh. camaro owners thought the same thing..i am sure long down the road another t/a will come out..then all you 2002 "last of the breed" crowd will shit your pants....very little 4th gens were made because they didnt sell worth shit..not because they are some limited run. the c1s c2s bring in good money.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you need to chill the fuck out there buddy
    thanks for youre concern sir, but im perfectly "chilled" out.

98' trans am

your posts seem to tell me otherwise..thats why its never good to take speed while posting on this site.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

im sorry you got that impression from my posts, i guess im just an angry person, i didnt think people could tell that from typing. And the only form of speed im taking is when i drive my car. peace

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I would only for a 1990-95 ZR-1, 2001+ Z06, or 2009 ZR1.

Black
    2001 WS6

I had a 99 ws6, basically show condition, and I sold it so I could buy an 02 vette. The vette's an amazing upgrade from a trans am with all the technology in it. The kid I sold my car to crashed and totaled the trans am back in april. And I'm lookin to buy another trans am and garage the vette.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    I had a 99 ws6, basically show condition, and I sold it so I could buy an 02 vette. The vette's an amazing upgrade from a trans am with all the technology in it. The kid I sold my car to crashed and totaled the trans am back in april. And I'm lookin to buy another trans am and garage the vette.
    Good choice of upgrade. I guess you would have to really like your Firebird not to trade it for a vette. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I would not trade the bird for the vette instead the vette would become my daily driver and the bird a weekend cruiser. I love my TA ive wanted one since i was a kid helping my uncle with his 72 TA. While mine probably will never be worth alot it has more to do with memories. Even today while i was getting the inspection done on my car the guys working at the shop were all looking at it and one came in to ask me about it and stated that it was a real muscle car not like the mustangs and other cars you see today. He loved the fact it was built to go fast and that was it not for comfort or anything just speed. He was even telling me about when he worked at a pontiac dealership when the 4th gens came out and all of the guys would get in trouble for taking them out for a "quick drive". Plus I love the fact that I live in a pretty big city yet im lucky if I see one a day, Corvettes you see them almost as much mustangs here. So i will keep mine for nostalgia, looks and the looks it gets and for all the converations that car has started up and the couple of dates it has gotten me. I will buy a vette one day when I have the money but I will never get rid of the bird.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Artic White
    96 Formula Firebird

I love my Formula.... but with no new bird and with a retro Camaro on the way that I don't like.... I would have to say I would buy a c6 as my next car.

However... I would probably keep my Formula anyway and just buy the Corvette.
    Last edited by wabmorgan; 09-17-2008 at 03:35 PM.
    Don't blame me.... I voted for John McCain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by wabmorgan View Post
    I love my Formula.... but with no new bird and with a retro Camaro on the way that I don't like.... I would have to say I would buy a c6 as my next car.

However... I would probably keep my Formula anyway and just buy the Corvette.
    I say YUCK! to your signature!

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Unless it was a Z06 or ZR1 I wouldn't be even thinking of trading at all. I am more then happy with my Trans Am over any Vette. But I gotta love the Z06 and ZR1's though. ...but, if I could afford both the TA and one of them Vettes, then yeah I'd probably have both.

Sebring Silver
    00 Camaro SS/09 LS3 Vette

I've had F-Bodies my whole life.
    I just bought my first vette at the beginning of the month.

Yeah, the vette pretty much poops all over my f-bodies. Looks arguments aside, and how comfortable the car is aside.

It handles better, it rides better, it's faster, the car has better features the Vette community is FAR more organized when it comes to events.
    However I wouldn't get a C5. Besides a LS3 base model will out run a C5Z06.

My vette

My F-Body

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLs1 View Post
    I've had F-Bodies my whole life.
    I just bought my first vette at the beginning of the month.

Yeah, the vette pretty much poops all over my f-bodies. Looks arguments aside, and how comfortable the car is aside.

It handles better, it rides better, it's faster, the car has better features the Vette community is FAR more organized when it comes to events.
    However I wouldn't get a C5. Besides a LS3 base model will out run a C5Z06.

My vette

Click for full size

My F-Body

Click for full size
    I agree with everything you said, except for that an LS3 'vette will outrun an LS6 Z. They are pretty much identical in quarter-mile performance.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Having driven an LS3 Vette... they may LOOK identical. but they are sooooo not identical.

The LS3 pulls INSANELY well from about 2500 -7 grand.. yes that's 7 grand. not 6.

especially when modding is done.. a computer tune to each net's a lot more in an LS 3 and it has FAR more potential dollar for dollar. With the right computer tune they can push get close 500 at the crank. a cam and that will put the 500 to the wheels.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Having driven an LS3 Vette... they may LOOK identical. but they are sooooo not identical.

The LS3 pulls INSANELY well from about 2500 -7 grand.. yes that's 7 grand. not 6.

especially when modding is done.. a computer tune to each net's a lot more in an LS 3 and it has FAR more potential dollar for dollar. With the right computer tune they can push get close 500 at the crank. a cam and that will put the 500 to the wheels.
    I'm not sure if your comparing the LS3 to an LS6...but if so, both cars are 12.4-12.3 cars on average from the factory, making them virtually identical.
    The topic at hand was stock vs. stock.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 09-19-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information