View Poll Results: Upgrade to the Corvette?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 42.00%
  • No

87 58.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Would you trade your bird for a corvette?

This is a discussion on Would you trade your bird for a corvette? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I still have to drive mine on the road (just bought it 2 months ago and have been modding it ...

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

I still have to drive mine on the road (just bought it 2 months ago and have been modding it since ... no tags yet), so I may not have the same attachment to it as most of you. BUT! I do love the shyt out of it ... that said, like some others, it would depend on what kinda Vette. It'd have to be in great condition and be either a very collectible C4 like the ZR1 or atleast a GS or a later C5/6 Z06 ... def. the C6ZR1

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

C6 ZR1 is worth just a tad more than the TA's. Yea, if you buy one, I will trade you for sure. Ill be heart broken to see the TA go, in my rear view mirror that is.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by 1980millwright View Post
    I have a 68 vette and a 99 TA. I might sell the vette but not the TA.
    John

I just sold my 79 a short time ago. I would have kept it if was the 69 with big block 4speed roadster though. Other then that the C3's are mainly about looks.

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

I paid my WS6 off last year on Easter weekend. I had taken it in to the dealer for an oil change and while waiting I was looking at the Vettes. A sales person came and wanted me to trade my T/A for one. I told him I donít think so. He had me sit in on and although it did not envelope me it did have a lot of fun options. Hologram details on the windshield, no door latched opened by finger print touch. I thought the car came right out of a James Bond movie. I didnít drive it so I canít compare but the dealer was going to give me 30K and I would owe 35k on the vette. Too cool but I would be afraid to drive it. Besides, it took me 5 yrs to get my car the way I like it so the car is mine and I would never trade it. But if I won the Lottery I might go buy a vette like that

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Yeah, I'd get a vette also. I'd keep my T/A because I couldn't be happy with one and not the other.

T/A would have remain in my possession so that I could say I owned both. If I got that far, shit. I'd probably buy a bad ass Camaro SS and a Firehawk too.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

How many of you that voted for keeping your 'bird have driven a C5Z06, a C6, or a C6Z06??
    Ive driven a C5 ZO6, C6 Z51 and a few C4's. I was actually looking for a used C5 when I purchased my TA. I see far more Vettes that Birds. Just something about the 98 and up TA that turns heads. But...I would trade it in a heartbeat for a C6 ZO6.

white
    1999 trans am

dont forget the mesh gloves lol ! would never trade! i would just be another mid life crisis dude out there

Black
    2002 WS6

If ur talking about trading for the same year, i would say no the vette is only .4 faster in a 1/4 mile and i like the body of the WS6 way better then the Vettes.

Black
    2002 WS6

Take a good look at Corvette prices from the 1970s, then take a look at the prices of muscle cars from the same era. There's Corvettes everywhere but they aren't very collectible. Muscle cars are. If you are lucky enough to have a mint 4th gen WS6 Firebird you have a car that will very likely be collectible. It is very uniquely styled, there's nothing else like it, and people love them.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    Take a good look at Corvette prices from the 1970s, then take a look at the prices of muscle cars from the same era. There's Corvettes everywhere but they aren't very collectible. Muscle cars are. If you are lucky enough to have a mint 4th gen WS6 Firebird you have a car that will very likely be collectible. It is very uniquely styled, there's nothing else like it, and people love them.

Other than the big block, vettes the C3's pretty much sucked performance wise, but I thought this thread was more toward C5/C6. Anyway I'd take a stock 69 big block, 4spd, side piped vette vert over any 4th gen F-body. Try comparing a 4th gen's value against one and see how close it would be.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Well, i dont have a mullet, im not an inbred, and im not a redneck, but i do have two T/A's, so i must be king of the hillbillies . I wouldnt trade either of my "piece of sh!t" trans am's for anything on the face of this earth, because to me its more than just a car, and if you dont understand that then i guess youre not a true "car guy", or im just nucking futs. If i wouldve of wanted something else i would have bought it, and maybe thats just what ill do... ive been looking for a DD anyway, perhaps its time to see what all the hipe about these vettes is all about.
    Last edited by RAWPWR3; 07-25-2008 at 07:29 PM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i've been toying with this idea for a year now...

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

mine's not some special collectible mint.. it's got 150K + and far from stock. been beat on by previous owners and then fixed by me.... I love my bird and will probabally keep it and just delay the purchase long enough to buy a C6 Vert with the paddle shifter.

The other thing was that this car isn't exactly the color i'd always dreamed of ( always wanted a black one) so who knows. I've only even heard of one other pewter one in the state though I guess that's a good thing.

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Im sorry you got the stereotypical idea that just because i have a ceta that it is a super mint low mileage garage queen. I would have loved it if it was, but unfourtunately its not. It has 72k miles on it, it was tboned when in the hands of its previous owner and the rear end is in such horrible condition its amazing it still moves under its own power, and it is my current DD. Despite all that its in pretty good condition, and i plan on fully restoring it one day, but for now it is what it is. And my crappy base model, 19k mile, mrm TA is my baby, go figure . I know i dont have the mileage you have and maybe not the mods, im sorry you took what i said the wrong way, i am by no means telling you what to do, i was simply stating my opinion which is what this thread was about. I wish you good luck in reaching youre decision, and happy motoring.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by tingo99 View Post
    dont forget the mesh gloves lol ! would never trade! i would just be another mid life crisis dude out there
    mid life crisis dude or mullet trailer park redneck dude, which is worse?
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Midnight Blue
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Only for a brand new orangeburst Z06 but thats it, I love my f-bodies!!!

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Other than the big block, vettes the C3's pretty much sucked performance wise, but I thought this thread was more toward C5/C6. Anyway I'd take a stock 69 big block, 4spd, side piped vette vert over any 4th gen F-body. Try comparing a 4th gen's value against one and see how close it would be.
    There are an awful lot of C5 and C6 cars around. GM has sold tons of them, and they intend to sell them for at least another three years. The Cx Corvette won't be collectible for a very long time, if ever. The 4th gen WS6 on the other hand is a much more rare car so I would think it would go up in value in the next 10 years.

I agree the 427/454 vettes are worth good money. But if you have a 396 Camaro SS you have the cherry. Or a 426 Hemi 'Cuda, or a 396/454 Chevelle, or a 429 Cobra Jet Mustang - those cars bring top dollar. And a 1977-78 6.6L black Trans Am is very collectible these days.

What Corvettes are collectible? The C1 and C2 are. C3? Rarely. C4? Not unless it's the ZR1, and even then it's still boring looking. C5? It's square front end make it kind of odd looking. C6? Probably the ZR1 and Z06. Overall, Corvettes are not collectible cars.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

i drive c5/c6 zo6's all day..since i work at a dealership.
    the new C6's would be really hard to pass up..but the look and the meaning of the word "Trans Am" would keep me from getting rid of her

Red
    1998 T/A

Steve, If you decide to trade yours off later, I want to switch out the headers and Y first. Lol.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    mid life crisis dude or mullet trailer park redneck dude, which is worse?
    At least my penis works.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information