Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

would it be worth it?

I currently own a Red 2002 Trans Am A4 with 71,000 miles on it. It has had LCA's, adjustable Panhard bar, and Panhard bar relocation brackets, so I could run True Duals. Car also has Flowtech LT's, Patriot Stage 2.5 heads, and Thunder 224R cam, with trick flow hardened pushrods, and LS7 lifters. The last thing I've done to it is I had longer studs put in the rear so I could run stock widdened 17x11's w/315's out back.

I also own a Red 2002 Firebird A4, V6 with 78,000 miles on it. It has the premium wheels, monsoon, T-Tops, factory duals, etc.

I am thinking about trading both cars for a Black 2001 Trans Am WS6 6-Speed with 59,000 miles. It's bone stock... maybe has aftermarket exhaust.

would it be worth back tracking in mods just to have a 6-speed car with less miles?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    I currently own a Red 2002 Trans Am A4 with 71,000 miles on it. It has had LCA's, adjustable Panhard bar, and Panhard bar relocation brackets, so I could run True Duals. Car also has Flowtech LT's, Patriot Stage 2.5 heads, and Thunder 224R cam, with trick flow hardened pushrods, and LS7 lifters. The last thing I've done to it is I had longer studs put in the rear so I could run stock widdened 17x11's w/315's out back.

I also own a Red 2002 Firebird A4, V6 with 78,000 miles on it. It has the premium wheels, monsoon, T-Tops, factory duals, etc.

I am thinking about trading both cars for a Black 2001 Trans Am WS6 6-Speed with 59,000 miles. It's bone stock... maybe has aftermarket exhaust.

would it be worth back tracking in mods just to have a 6-speed car with less miles?
    i don't think so at all. looks like you already have the ws6 looking going with the hood and the real ws6 is only 12,000 miles less then your trans am. to me it sounds like you are giving up a lot to have a car with 12,000 less miles.
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

2011 Prius

Plus giveing up a firebird? Ummm, sorry but I would want money back with that trade. I would look into a C5Zo6, at least upgrade.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i don't think so at all. looks like you already have the ws6 looking going with the hood and the real ws6 is only 12,000 miles less then your trans am. to me it sounds like you are giving up a lot to have a car with 12,000 less miles.
    yeah... my car is a clone

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

yeah... my car is a clone

Click for full size
    its a good looking car. why get rid of it? is your only goal lower mileage?

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Plus giveing up a firebird? Ummm, sorry but I would want money back with that trade. I would look into a C5Zo6, at least upgrade.
    yeah its a dealer and they will do the trade for both and cover tax, title, etc.

I could try selling my cars outright and hope the dealer hangs onto the car long enough for me to sell

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

its a good looking car. why get rid of it? is your only goal lower mileage?
    and a 6 speed. I figured to justify getting rid of a car I've invested as much money as I have I had to at least get one with better mileage.

My car is good looking. I am the 2nd owner. The original owner got rid of it for an SRT8 challenger. I've done all the performance mods to it. As for appearance it has the hood, badge, and era specific wheels for an 02 WS6... VIN wise, it is not.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

and a 6 speed. I figured to justify getting rid of a car I've invested as much money as I have I had to at least get one with better mileage.

My car is good looking. I am the 2nd owner. The original owner got rid of it for an SRT8 challenger. I've done all the performance mods to it. As for appearance it has the hood, badge, and era specific wheels for an 02 WS6... VIN wise, it is not.
    whats the firebird look like?

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

whats the firebird look like?
    I don't have any picks of it, but it's my DD. Still cleans up very nice. I've used seat covers in it and that has kept the cloth seats still new looking. Right now the dash is a little dusty since it's been awhile since I've cleaned and armoralled it.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I don't have any picks of it, but it's my DD. Still cleans up very nice. I've used seat covers in it and that has kept the cloth seats still new looking. Right now the dash is a little dusty since it's been awhile since I've cleaned and armoralled it.
    to me it sounds and looks like you have two very nice cars already. no point in getting rid of both for 12,000 miles less and a 6spd...you might want to read through this about using an armorall http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138500 just a heads up

2011 Prius

I still don't think it's worth it, now for a C5Zo6 and a grand or so on your end for a nice low milage that would be worth it.

The 98 I had was a clone and I could care less, the WS6 may have slight increase in performance but at the end of the day it's just for looks. Your car will out perform the WS6.

I would also say both your cars together worth more then the WS6. So no it's not worth it, unless they get it out the door with a little green in your pocket. Your pretty much saying hi, here's a Trans Am that will out perform yours and free Firebird for your troubles, just give me the stock WS6 that's a year older...

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

to me it sounds and looks like you have two very nice cars already. no point in getting rid of both for 12,000 miles less and a 6spd...you might want to read through this about using an armorall http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138500 just a heads up
    thanks I'll give it a look.

I just went outside and took this with my phone... the cars dirty cause it's been raining all week and I haven't got a chance to rinse it off

And I won't be using armorall anymore... I had no idea it worsened cracking and stuff.
    Last edited by AKA Speedy; 06-10-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: more info

2011 Prius

Firebird Trade in: Good
    $4,900

Trans Am Trade in: Good
    $9,500 (Added performance package, since it has hood and other goodies...)

_______

01 WS6 Retail: Excellent
    $14,480

According to KBB you owe them $80 plus TTT... I still don't think it's worth it...

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Firebird Trade in: Good
    $4,900

Trans Am Trade in: Good
    $9,500 (Added performance package, since it has hood and other goodies...)

_______

01 WS6 Retail: Excellent
    $14,480

According to KBB you owe them $80 plus TTT... I still don't think it's worth it...
    lol well they don't want that much for the WS6 (12,900) so they were willing to take both and call it a day.

My T/A is really nice to go along with the performance mod I even put HID's and a custom cluster in it. It also has an Ipod interface linked to the Monsoon encase I want to run new music through it's 10 speakers.

For all intensive purposes it is a WS6 and then some. I even just bought new Slotted/Drilled rotors, hawk pads, and an Umi front and rear sway bar kit w/new bushings. I just haven't installed them yet.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

NO!!! for a vette maybe... but not for another TA...

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    NO!!! for a vette maybe... but not for another TA...
    Well said... I say the the C5o6 and try to get it out the door for no more then $3,000-5,000 for a low milage one.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

lol well all this idea of getting a 6-Speed w/lower miles was because this past weekend I got to drive a 6-speed LS3 Corvette. It was sooooooooooooooo awesome I started thinking about what if I had a standard... The only disappointing thing about the vette was my car seemed to have more straight line punch, but in that car (C6) you didn't realize how fast you were going.

When the owner of the car rode with me in my T/A I even got a woah! out of him when I kicked it down and took off

2011 Prius

lol well all this idea of getting a 6-Speed w/lower miles was because this past weekend I got to drive a 6-speed LS3 Corvette. It was sooooooooooooooo awesome I started thinking about what if I had a standard... The only disappointing thing about the vette was my car seemed to have more straight line punch, but in that car (C6) you didn't realize how fast you were going.

When the owner of the car rode with me in my T/A I even got a woah! out of him when I kicked it down and took off
    That's expected, it's not hard to get a LS1 to keep up with full bolt ons. Your car would probably be a bit faster also.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Don't do it. The dealer is always looking to take advantage of people, this is how they make their money. WS6s are nice, but it's not worth both your cars.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Don't do it. The dealer is always looking to take advantage of people, this is how they make their money. WS6s are nice, but it's not worth both your cars.
    Well Noted... I think at this point I am coming to the realization that I'm gonna wait a few more years down the road and see where I'm at.

Just because I had fun in a new 6-Speed Vette doesn't mean I'll appreciate it the same in a T/A when I'm out at the track, or stuck in rush hour stop-n-go traffic

Thread Information