Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

A woman killed my 30th!

This is a discussion on A woman killed my 30th! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So, if you were going to sell this car #652 30th, 67000 miles, auto, never raced, SLP CAI, GMMG all ...

White
    1999 30th Anniversary T/A

So, if you were going to sell this car #652 30th, 67000 miles, auto, never raced, SLP CAI, GMMG all stainless catback, white leather interior fine except for the "traditional" 1 1/2" on doors, dash crack, drivers seat has wear... Engine fine, drives fine (true and straight) even after wreck. If u were selling not buying. What would you ask?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

not too much as it has been in a wreck and for a collector..miles are high and expensive/hard to find parts will need to be replaced...driver side seat , and the panels ...so id say 8-10k

Wow, spooky how those pics look almost identical to how my wifes Z was totalled a couple years ago.

I don't know that you'll get much for it. It's not going to have resale for anyone that fixes it since it's now a rebuilt title. So someone will likely want to get into it very cheaply.

I'd gut it and use the drivetrain in something else, get yourself a classic and do a retro swap or something.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

OP, If you decide to part out and have a WS6 Hood Please PM me.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    not too much as it has been in a wreck and for a collector..miles are high and expensive/hard to find parts will need to be replaced...driver side seat , and the panels ...so id say 8-10k
    i think that is high but you could/ should get close to 8k-10k if you part it out.

Arctic white blue stripes
    1999 30th ann. Trans Am

RamAir23, I read your post and registered to help.First of all sorry about your car.I know how it feels.Sadly enough I have had 2 totaled, both 30th ann. ws6 's.Just saying that makes me feel horrible inside.There is still a feeling of guilt when I drive my current TA like i don't deserve to be in the car ,maybe I don't but damn it I cant stay out of these beautiful beasts.! On a brighter note i have very helpful info.You need 2 have your insurance hire an appraiser.make and i mean MAKE your insurance find the same car for the price they offer, they wont because they go by kelly blue book.not accurate because there is no collectors versions listed.they will resort 2 searching the web for your car and they will see that the few that are for sale are way more than there original estimated value.Print out listing's of the car for sale as well to show your insurance company.you need to prove to them just how rare and valuable your car truly is.This process turned an original quote of under $14,000 to about $27,000 and it worked twice and took less than 3 days.Like I said its a horrible experience no matter what but you need to get a proper settlement.I can almost guarantee your frame is bent and these unibody car's won't drive the same after that.GET YOUR MONEY AND BUY ANOTHER ONE PLEASE. I wish you the best of luck . SIDE NOTE 2 ALL .Get your car appraised ahead of time just in case.

Metallic Blue
    02 WS6 Trans Am

Sorry to hear lost 02 ws6 in 06 , not one in pic Pewter one

Metallic Blue
    02 WS6 Trans Am

Never take initial quote insurance company gives u they low ball u ....went 2,000 higher by time I was done with them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information