Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A woman killed my 30th!

This is a discussion on A woman killed my 30th! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Yeah, by your desription of the damage...it's totaled Oh, and that makes me mad when someone says "It's just a ...

black
    2001 Trans Am

Yeah, by your desription of the damage...it's totaled Oh, and that makes me mad when someone says "It's just a car" People who have never owned one just don't understand.....

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    Yeah, by your desription of the damage...it's totaled Oh, and that makes me mad when someone says "It's just a car" People who have never owned one just don't understand.....
    or people that lease a camry every 3 years.people i work with couldn't understand why i spent the money for a 12 bolt and new transmission this year,most were like "man,it's time to trade that car in on something new" wtf ever,it's a ceta!! i'm keeping it.but yes the vast majority of people do not understand at all.
    2007 Corvette...stock...

White
    1998 Trans Am

Most people who.drive normal dd style cars like camrys or suvs never get why we put $10 plus in parts alone and some over 20k it's a lifestyle not some.daily beater.

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    or people that lease a camry every 3 years.people i work with couldn't understand why i spent the money for a 12 bolt and new transmission this year,most were like "man,it's time to trade that car in on something new" wtf ever,it's a ceta!! i'm keeping it.but yes the vast majority of people do not understand at all.
    If I had a CETA and someone said that to me, it would be all I could do to keep from knocking them upside their head! Well, I guess i'd still be the same way w/ my T/A even though it's not a collector edition, lol

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    it's a lifestyle not some.daily beater.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    Sadly there are more than alot of people out there who are like that. And they drive just like they sound. It's part of the reason I don't drive my classic stuff as much as I'd like to.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

these days real musclecars are so valuable you would be crazy to drive them a lot,the prices clones go for on barrett-jackson is rediculous.makes me wonder why the 68 and 70 chevelles that are rotting away down the road from me are not being restored.some dude has them sitting in a small field near the highway,word is he will not sell them,both are pretty rough,be with all the places like year one out there they could be saved.

99' 30th Ann TA

Sorry about you're luck. Hopefully you manage to come out on top some how... And if you end up parting out I'm sure you can recover plenty of $$$ to your benefit.
    30th Anniversary Trans Am #0998
    B&B triflow exhaust, American Racing Headers, RPM Level V T-56, RPS clutch, LS6 intake, P&P TB, Hotchkis lower trailing, Panard Rod, Tower Brace, SFC's, and Swar Bar Kit, BMR Lowering Springs, HAL Adjustable Shocks and Coilovers, Powerslot Rotors

White
    1998 Trans Am

Well if it's the back area that's damaged and all the wheels, hood, and interior is good look for a white TA running or not and swap your wheels , hood, and interior over or if you can find a good condition body with a bad motor for.cheap get it and swap the motor and tranny since you have low mileage if the repair bill is that high. May not be a real 30th but you could make it look exactly like it with your parts and have a nice car. A lot of people build Mustang Cobra and Yenco Camaro clones, their not originals bit I have seen some that are perfect replica's. I'd love to do the white interior and get a set of those wheels for my white 98. I wish I would have waited and got one after seeing it in person but I couldn't afford to trade mine in right after buying it and I had hoped GM would have done another in 03 but the killed the fbody 1 yr too early and Yellow isn't my thing unless it's on a C6. My friend has the CETA and I just can't bring myself to like it. It's a love it or hate it color kinda like the gold on the 98's.

99white/ 78 blk&gold
    1999 30thTrans Am&78 T/A

sorry for your loss.......R.I.P. what number was yours? mine is #1161. i know od 2 of our cars local to me that were totaled......if you do decide to part it out please let me know .....i hope its not totaled though i hate to hear of these things going out....sad day for the family.... :-(

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

man those 30ths look sooooooo good.

White
    1998 Trans Am

The 30th was the last thing pontiac did right though I'm not crazy about the couple with the pace cat stickers.

White
    1999 30th Anniversary T/A

Update Peeps...Thanks for your sympathetic ears. I really came out pretty good dealing with the insurance company. I was able to retain the car for $2200 along with a nice check. Well since the wreck I knew I still wanted an american muscle car. I found several good TA's around Houston area but eventually decided on the "other" american classic. 05 stang gt SCharged.. Couldnt pass it up. immaculate. Anyway that's for another forum. I had the TA brought home to me today. Wow! It's really not that bad. The doors close fine and even. The hatch is fine, no broken glass. Rides fine! All this to say... I will probably have it fixed. Will keep you posted.

Bought it back? Sounds like they totalled it. Glad to hear you already found a car to fill the void, more importantly, it sounds like you were happy with the insurance settlement. Sometimes that's the worst part.

If you plan to keep it then it's probably worth fixing. The rebuild title won't help much for value though if you decide to sell. Otherwise it sounds like there are alot of good parts.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

ok, i'll be that guy...

White

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    ok, i'll be that guy...

haha. Wouldnt let me attach pics. I added a few to "my album' in my profile. The "real damage" is of course the unibody framework. I will try and get pics of underneath. Doesnt look that bad under there to me. No damage to axle or rear diff. Rear tires/wheels also fine...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

just create a photobucket account, upload the pics and then post the link...

White
    1998 Trans Am

Good to hear that you got to keep the car. Your insurance is great , only $2200 to keep it my friend paid more and his car wasn't drivable at all. Should be a good you can fix it and still have a nice anniversary TA. Least the wheels and most of it came out in damaged. The rest of the parts you can always get.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

that's going to need alot of work to get it straight. good luck with that.

White

Hope I did this right... Of course the inside of the trunk is crumpled. My amp is wedged inside. Gonna pry it out.

http://s1035.photobucket.com/albums/a431/wj23/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information