Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

White
    1999 30th Anniversary T/A

A woman killed my 30th!

Hi all. Been a long time... wife, children... Anyway a woman crushed the backend of my 30th with her suburban. Probably totaled. 60000 miles. I'm wondering what to expect from insurance. Anyone have an idea??? Hope they dont insult me too bad. This sucks!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Hope they value it based on the rarity on the model instead of just writing it down as a ta. Any pics or can you see if the actual frame is damaged?

White
    1998 Trans Am

Usually if you have a rare or heavily modded show car you have to buy special insurance to pay off the actual value over blue book. Best bet since it wasn't your fault if she hit you sign nothing and tell them your back and neck are bothering you. Chiropractors are a great help in the past for me. Even if your not hurt it is a good negotiating tool to keep on the table. Tell them you have also been having headaches they don't wanna pay for cat scans or MRI's. Sometimes they'll do what they did on my case for my Ranger Splash, the adjusted could only pay book or market value.in my area but he added a few thousand and called it an unconvince fee. It's there way of.keeping you from running up med bills and a pain and suffering claim. Also threaten them by saying you were thinking you made need to get a lawyer if this can't be resolved. Insurance companies hate lawyers, doctors, and chiropractors cause they are out to make money and will send you through thousands of dollars in tests. So see how they wanna play 1st and go from there. Also look online for a.car like yours with similar mileage and tell them that is what they sell for since.it is not a.regular TA it a special edition. Pm me if.you need any answers I have been hit and had people destroy more of my cars than I care to remember.

BTW sorry for the loss those were the last of the collectible TA's in my opinioni.mean really PONTIAC could have waited one more year for.another white and blue or maybe blue and white, I mean Yellow let's get real not to loss anyone off bit that was like a cruel joke I was looking foward to trading my 98 for one till I saw it I really wanna 99 though but there hard to come buy and pricey when u do. Good luck man hope it works out, you cam always buy it back and repair it if isn't too bad.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

if they do total it and you get your compensation check, be sure to check back with the insurance company, and find out how much it would cost to buy the car back, the buyback cost is a fraction of the value they gave you in the check.

(i was hit by a drunk in my old Camaro, they gave me $5300 for the value of the car, buyback cost was $250. i had it towed home free with AAA and could have fixed it, but ended up selling it for $1000)

Black
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by RamAIR23 View Post
    Hi all. Been a long time... wife, children... Anyway a woman crushed the backend of my 30th with her suburban. Probably totaled. 60000 miles. I'm wondering what to expect from insurance. Anyone have an idea??? Hope they dont insult me too bad. This sucks!
    Well I had an 02 NHRA 97K miles that was totaled and they offered me $13K (first offer) they considered the rare NHRA numbers. That being said the 30th numbers are pretty thin as well so I would think you should be ok. Also consider mine was owned outright. Hate to hear this though good luck with it
    Last edited by Promise517; 09-28-2010 at 05:05 AM.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Sorry to hear that,the "blue wheels" t/a is one of my all time favs.hope it works out well for you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I was told by my insurance company that I needed to have an actual appraisal completed by a company in Chicago that appraises "special" cars being I have a 35th LE.

I honestly have no idea, but I would just make sure they understand the specifics of your car. If they do total it, you can probably by it back really cheap and fix it with some extra coin left over in your pocket, assuming you have no frame damage.

And...you probably don't want to commit fraud like some people are telling you to. I've found that being honest is the best approach in life. Shit happens. Cheating the system and lying about shit will come back to bit you. Karma is a m'fer...and so is jail time

White

Well thanks for all the comments guys. A few years ago I would have been been thinking that way Ryan. haha. Little older and wiser now. I just spoke with insurance... They're offering $11000 or $8500 and I keep the ride. My heart says more more but this is about where I thought they would be. She covered the extras like GMMG exhaust, etc. Explained to her the rareness and they just dont make em no mo! Never been in this situation b4 so not sure how much leverage I have unless I follow Ryans advice.

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

If you get it back and want to part it out let me know. I could use a few parts. not to wish you bad luck or anything.

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

keep in mind you can almost set your own price on the rims if you get it back.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RamAIR23 View Post
    Well thanks for all the comments guys. A few years ago I would have been been thinking that way Ryan. haha. Little older and wiser now. I just spoke with insurance... They're offering $11000 or $8500 and I keep the ride. My heart says more more but this is about where I thought they would be. She covered the extras like GMMG exhaust, etc. Explained to her the rareness and they just dont make em no mo! Never been in this situation b4 so not sure how much leverage I have unless I follow Ryans advice.
    That offer is BS. Just a quick search online has one for $14,000 with nearly 100,000 miles. One with 50,000 miles is asking $23,500. You need to be getting at least $18,000 out of this.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Ugh, that just sucks on both sides, her hitting you and the insurance bs. You know they will of course try to lowball you initially, that's just the insurance way. Hopefully when you show them what the cars are selling for you'll get a reasonable offer without having to fight for it.

I feel your pain and I wish you luck!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

id ask for 13k and keep the car...and part it out...those rims i bet you could sell for 2k ..along with the hood and the interior...you are looking at 5+k in parts alone

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I doesn't matter what people "online" are selling them for...it matter's what they are worth to the insurance company and what value is listed. It sucks ass I know...

I can have my car up for sale on e-bay for $50,000. It doesn't mean it's "worth" that.

And, I wouldn't take "the act like I am hurt route"...especially since it has already been divulged on a "public" forum. That would be pretty idiotic

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

I agree,insurance companies have a value and when the damage reaches 70% of that value the vehicle is considered a "total loss" of course this varies from vehicle to vehicle.as far a selling your car on ebay,auto trader,ect your car is worth whatever you can get for it.I know my wife says she has turned down many offers for her CETA some she claims were for a lot of money.not sure if she is just bull shiting or not but I do know poeple have offered to buy her car,she damn sure ain't selling.
    Posted via Mobile Device

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

Those rims were 500 a piece when you could get them . If they are in good shape I'd ask more then that. You will get it when someone needs them. Almost everything is discontinued for these cars. Sorry to hear it , but you can find another one if you look

black
    2001 Trans Am

Sorry to hear of this I've been there done that, mine wasn't an Anniversary model though. It just makes you sick.....and I must say I'm pissesd at that woman for hitting you, it's idiot women like that that make it hard on those of us women who actually CAN drive. Was she tailgating you, or was she blabbing on the cell phone?

White

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    Sorry to hear of this I've been there done that, mine wasn't an Anniversary model though. It just makes you sick.....and I must say I'm pissesd at that woman for hitting you, it's idiot women like that that make it hard on those of us women who actually CAN drive. Was she tailgating you, or was she blabbing on the cell phone?
    It's funny you bring up the cell phone... when her husband showed up, the first thing she said to him was "I wasnt on the phone." Well I'm gonna see if they can do better but I want my car. Ryan if u see this I may pm u. Might end up bringing it over to Houston whenever/if ever I put it back together. I know I can get waaaaay better deals over there.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Sorry you got hit. Pictures of the damage?

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

sorry to hear that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information