Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A woman killed my 30th!

This is a discussion on A woman killed my 30th! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; :'( my brother had one... thats what inspired me to get the SS... thats really too bad man.. i wish ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

:'( my brother had one... thats what inspired me to get the SS... thats really too bad man.. i wish you the best of luck in this battle !!

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I doesn't matter what people "online" are selling them for...it matter's what they are worth to the insurance company and what value is listed. It sucks ass I know...

I can have my car up for sale on e-bay for $50,000. It doesn't mean it's "worth" that.

And, I wouldn't take "the act like I am hurt route"...especially since it has already been divulged on a "public" forum. That would be pretty idiotic
    This is correct. Doesn't matter what the market says, you can look around and find prices all over the place. That's not how insurance companies work. For an agreed price you would have needed to insure the car with a specialty company along with an appraisal. Otherwise you are at the mercy of these rinky dink insurance companies, unless you want to pursue with a lawyer, and things get costly, not to mention it will drag out for years. Been down that road.
    If they offered $11,000 I'd say that's more than fair. Keep in mind buying it back to part out might not yield you the difference either. With this economy everyone expects stuff on the cheap otherwise it just doesn't move.
    I'd personally look into buying it back just to keep the spare parts, or maybe swap the drivetrain into an older classic vehicle.

As far as the claiming hurt issue, I also agree, fraud is not a good idea. Although the insurance company will push for you to sign off so they can close it. Just don't be too quick to do that, sometimes neck pain can set in weeks later.
    My wifes 97 Z vert was rearended and totalled. I was at the scene when it happened in my own car. It rapped her neck pretty good. They ended up taking her away in the ambulance with a neck brace and had her checked out. She is a tough cookie, and everything was fine. Just severe whiplash. Funny now though, more than 2 years later she is getting headaches, severe headaches. After alot of medication it was suggested she get an MRI, and now she is seeing a chiropractor. Seems she has severe arthritus at the base of her neck causing discomfort, and doctors say it's from a previous head or neck trama (they didn't know she was in a car wreck). Too late to claim anything now though. We signed off on that years ago.
    Similar stuff happened to my father as well. You just never know how you might feel a year later.
    All I'm saying is to make damn sure your okay and have yourself checked out.

It sucks man. To the point I get irrate at idiot drivers anymore. Car wrecks are a pain in the rump to deal with, from insurance, to finding another car, to medical issues etc...cars that can't be replaced raises the stakes more. Sure gives you a different look at understanding road rage. Good luck with it, hope things work out.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    get costly, not to mention it will drag out for years. Been down that road.
    If they offered $11,000 I'd say that's more than fair. Keep in mind buying it back to part out might not yield you the difference either. With this economy everyone expects stuff on the cheap otherwise it just doesn't move.
    I'd personally look into buying it back just to keep the spare parts, or maybe swap the drivetrain into an older classic vehicle.
    mind you tho..this is a 30th..those are super rare as shit..and with cars getting older and parts breaking...those pieces are at a premium ..i am positive he will be able to make up the difference..in just the interior and 1 wheel

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    mind you tho..this is a 30th..those are super rare as shit..and with cars getting older and parts breaking...those pieces are at a premium ..i am positive he will be able to make up the difference..in just the interior and 1 wheel
    Possibly, but I just don't see people paying premium prices for 4th gen parts right now, even if it is a rare edition. They just aren't old enough yet.
    I guess if you're patient and sit on them for a long time......

White
    1998 Trans Am

When I totaled my Mystic Cobra in the late 90's they tried to give me value on a plain Cobra and as I explained it was a special edition color we started arguing. I got the car off a guy getting divorced and stole it since I had cash and they were offering me around what I paid but I knew it was worth more. So I told them if they can find me anoth one within 10k miles of what mine had I would trade them even. All they could come up with was a red on so I told them to paint it. After alittle more arguing they threw me $2500 extra and said it was their final offer and they got tired of me sitting in a rental and calling everyday. I took it since it was more than I paid but less than I could have sold it for. I ended up with anoth $4k in pain and suffering after some trips to the chiropracter so I figured we were even. Sometimes if you can't get it all one way gotta use the pain and suffering to get the rest they owe you.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by RamAIR23 View Post
    It's funny you bring up the cell phone... when her husband showed up, the first thing she said to him was "I wasnt on the phone." Well I'm gonna see if they can do better but I want my car. Ryan if u see this I may pm u. Might end up bringing it over to Houston whenever/if ever I put it back together. I know I can get waaaaay better deals over there.
    Well, i'm glad you're ok. But still, I hate that this happened. I have zero tolerance for careless drivers! There is absolutly NO EXCUSE for rear ending somebody. Well, unless it's due to a medical condition, for example someone is having a heart attack or stroke. But I don't think she falls into any of those catagories. Have you found out if the frame is bent?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Possibly, but I just don't see people paying premium prices for 4th gen parts right now, even if it is a rare edition. They just aren't old enough yet.
    I guess if you're patient and sit on them for a long time......
    I agree, and with the economy, people are not buying too many luxury items. There isn't much that really holds a "premium" value in this economy.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Out of curiosity, how many of the 30th's were produced in 97?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Out of curiosity, how many of the 30th's were produced in 97?
    the 30ths were produced in 99
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    the 30ths were produced in 99
    Oh shit I was thinking of the Camaro Well my question still stands lol.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Oh shit I was thinking of the Camaro Well my question still stands lol.
    1600 i believe

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i'm pretty sure 1500 here 1000 canada.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    i'm pretty sure 1500 here 1000 canada.
    u sure? this is what i found when i searched it. "the run of limited edition 30th Anniversary T/A WS6s is a very limited run of only 1600 cars. 1065 Coupes with 65 of them going to Canada were built. 535 Convertibles with 35 of them going to Canada. Of those 1600 cars, 10 cars were used as public relations cars (5 coupes/5 convertibles), 38 central office cars (10 coupes/28 convertibles), and 30 were used as official cars for the 1999 Daytona 500 (30 convertibles)."

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I took it since it was more than I paid but less than I could have sold it for. I ended up with anoth $4k in pain and suffering after some trips to the chiropracter so I figured we were even. Sometimes if you can't get it all one way gotta use the pain and suffering to get the rest they owe you.
    That's just taking more money out of spite,,,,and it's money you'll never see,,,,so it doesn't help in replacing the car.

u sure? this is what i found when i searched it. "the run of limited edition 30th Anniversary T/A WS6s is a very limited run of only 1600 cars. 1065 Coupes with 65 of them going to Canada were built. 535 Convertibles with 35 of them going to Canada. Of those 1600 cars, 10 cars were used as public relations cars (5 coupes/5 convertibles), 38 central office cars (10 coupes/28 convertibles), and 30 were used as official cars for the 1999 Daytona 500 (30 convertibles)."
    That's even more than I figured they made. I thought they were a little more scarce than that.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

you are correct.

White
    1999 30th Anniversary T/A

Well still waiting on insurance... Talked to body shop... over 10 to repair. Says because frame or framework is mangled. Looks like ugly *ss was his exact quote. I'll probably get some other local shops to look at it. This is a major GM dealer in town body shop. If it's still crazy numbers I'll have a nice ride to part out. Gotta admit, it's gonna be hard for me to not keep it and repair. 60,000 mile LS1... I keep gettn the "it's just a car" in my ear. With passenger door open, there's a vertical crack near the door catch. Jacked up!

Quote Originally Posted by RamAIR23 View Post
    Well still waiting on insurance... Talked to body shop... over 10 to repair. Says because frame or framework is mangled. Looks like ugly *ss was his exact quote. I'll probably get some other local shops to look at it. This is a major GM dealer in town body shop. If it's still crazy numbers I'll have a nice ride to part out. Gotta admit, it's gonna be hard for me to not keep it and repair. 60,000 mile LS1... I keep gettn the "it's just a car" in my ear. With passenger door open, there's a vertical crack near the door catch. Jacked up!
    Wow over 10K to repair? They are probably going to total that. As a matter of fact, if the rear floor/frame area is crunched underneath too,,,,I personally would be WANTING them to total it. Unibody cars are never the same after they have been hit that hard. I wouldn't want it back. It's unfortunate I know.

Buy it back and strip it. Use your drivetrain in something else.

When my wifes Z28 vert was hit like that, it buckled the trunk floor, smashed the gas tank, and buckled both rear quarters right above the center of the tires on both sides. The lower rear quarters were actually touching the tires in the back. Screwed up the rear door gaps on both sides so I knew it was tweaked good and would never be the same.
    Before the adjuster came out I was telling my wife, they should total that and I hope they do.

The guy didn't even finish writing up all the repairs and he just stopped and said it's a total loss

White
    1999 30th Anniversary T/A

That's pretty much the way he explained it...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information