Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Why are products for the 1998 not available?

This is a discussion on Why are products for the 1998 not available? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; yeah ive had 2 mustangs one v6 and an 03 gt ill never go that route again fun to drive ...

Silver
    2000 z28

yeah ive had 2 mustangs one v6 and an 03 gt ill never go that route again fun to drive but way too expenive to make em faster my brother has a 99 gt with a list of stuff done to it i have very few things done to mine and still beat his ass with 150k more miles than he has. ive had an 87 iroc z a 97 lt1 and my current ls1 and so far its the best my cousin has a 2010 ss automatic ive drove it and its fast but its not what i thought it would be her sticker price of almost 50k and me buying my car for 2800 thats alot of money for mods and alot left in the pocket after mods are complete and be able to outrun hte 50k car

i dont understand that either on the ws6 hoods
    2000 z28 granatelli lid k&n air filter 85mm maf sensor lakewood adjustable traction bars nitto drag radialsgot 3.73s but not installed yet waaaay more to come

Silver
    2000 z28

including buying the car the durrent mods i have and paying the ts on the car when i bought it im still less than 5 grand my brother has 2500-3k in mods just parts i put his parts on so he has no labor costs and im beating him pretty bad so i think im stickin with ls1

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

That is what I have seen

Quote Originally Posted by 00ls-1 View Post
    including buying the car the durrent mods i have and paying the ts on the car when i bought it im still less than 5 grand my brother has 2500-3k in mods just parts i put his parts on so he has no labor costs and im beating him pretty bad so i think im stickin with ls1
    I rarely watch YouTube or any other such things, but I did catch a match between a stock WS6 and a modified mustang, first time out the mustang missed second gear, second time out same thing, third time out they gave the mustang a one car length lead and the TA still caught up quickly and beat it, of course a poor driver but the one race he did not mess up he still lost.

There is a video test comparison by MotorTrend on the internet I watched, it was interesting, when it came to 1/4 mile time the mustang with the least amount of Hp won by a slim margin at a best of 12.98.. I have not had a chance to drive the Camaro but I do like that they did a good job of taking styling cues from the 69's even if it sacrificed vision out the windows.

But yes the last of the F-bodies are the best bang for the buck. Of course since the Corvette has often been Americas ONLY sports car and quite cool most of the years our cars share the same LS1 motor in that much more expensive car. It is a really sweet motor. To run 13's stock and not much trouble to do 12's on a totally streetable car is really pretty impressive.

Many of the new Camaro owners likely wont be modifying their cars would be my guess, and as you mentioned while there are ALWAYS faster cars out there it is not going to happen for the money.

I have personally just not liked the look of either the early or the post 73 mustangs save for a few dressed up models like the Cobra. My Lincoln Mark VIII has the same 4.6L DOHC putting out 300Hp, pretty amazing for power per C.I.. The Cobra had a supercharger added to it so I am guessing it is a pretty neat car.

I like the styling of my car better than most as well. Some people hate it or think it is too flashy but I bought it for me and not to impress anyone. If I am lucky I will eventually have enough money to afford to keep the TA and get a new car like a vette someday or perhaps an electric car which is the way things are going, I am NOT talking about a Prius here, I am talking more like the Tesla which is the light little all electric sports car that puts out over 200Hp and is similar to the Lotus Elise. Once it is figured out that nuclear powered electric plants are the only way to go for plentiful and cheap power and the technology of electric cars improves there will be cool electric cars.

For now though I dont think I could have done better for the money and in fact car and driver agrees with us in their ad for best used 300Hp cars 10 grand and under. I dont regret the purchase and will be calling my go to mechanic in Oregon that has a full shop to talk about some of these modifications. I have worked on cars for 28 years and like to do things myself if at all possible, but my only work space is a steep driveway which really limits things.

Those Lakewood bars look pretty good but I am going to look at every option before deciding upon the traction control device. It is encouraging to know that my goals are pretty reasonable though.

Silver
    2000 z28

i agree with you on the new camaro styling its very nice. the mustangs besidedes the little bolt ons nd stuff not getting much power and if you want more you have to buy two cams instead of one and at the same time they have three timing chains one being on the back of the motor tha cant be fun at all... or a supercharger way expensive but if i could afford a procharger id do it to then the mustang wouldnt have a chance in hell lol. as we stand right now though besides the nitrous he got last night i beat his ass and you know how mustang owners are theyve always got an excuse and still say their car is faster lol. our situation is a little unique though.....mustang camaro rivalry since theyve started...we are twins and drive the rival cars lol . not sayin the mustangs dont look good but if im spending the money i wanna go fast. i know all of this is off topic kinda but just figured id share it. heres a pic of his car....

looks good but itll never be an ls1 lol

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Not bad for a stang

That mustang looks pretty nice, not as nice as the Cobras. It is sort of traditional Mopar colors though isnt it? The ones I never liked are the first gens. I loathed the mustang II's. and did not much care for the boxy body style similar to your brothers but not as rounded off, more squared off. I am guessing 74-90 something, some of the 302's were fast cars, but I thought ugly no matter what. I also never have understood why anyone would by a mustang, camaro, firebird etc. and not get the V-8 and performance versions. There are far better economy cars if that is what one is after, but the performance sucks if they are not the z-28 or formula or TA, or GT etc.

There are not really any years of F-body styling I did not like. I have owned a 82 red TA with that "turbo hood" and never liked the hood. I had an 87 white Formula and was going to change to a flat hood but otherwise really loved that car. I got it for 1000 bucks about 4 years ago and someone smashed it to hell a week after I got it.

I have that (similar) 4.6L in my 93 Lincoln Supercoupe and it is nice, lots of power for the small size as I mentioned, but a true bitch to work on, mostly because of the overhead cam design. You cant even see the plugs and changing them requires a lift. I think the LS1 is less complex and fewer things to go wrong and or easier to fix when they do.

Obviously I prefer the TA body style but I liked the Silver and Pewter colors on the F-bodies, I like Black like I have best but it is so much harder to keep looking clean. The red and the blue I did not care for. I did like the purple that they made a few of and then switched to blue as they were not getting many orders.

Silver
    2000 z28

i think its called victory red or something like that but yeah to change his plugs he hasta pull the fuel rail off but those factory are only rated like 260 hp

Silver
    2000 z28

fire red i just asked him

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

photo

Ok, it just looks Orange and Black on my computer here.

Silver
    2000 z28

honestly in certain lighting it does look orange nd sometimes it looks like an off red

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information