candy red
    2001 ws6 trans am

why my performance really kiks at high RPM?

i bought the car 2001 ws6 ram from a dealer,in town candy red gorgeous car,had sum motor perf wrk done by texas racing throttle body cold air intake headers cheery bombs,anyway when i puts around town it goes alright but when i kik up the rpms that bitches screams and is all over the road,are all ls1 like this?or is it cause of my performance up grades,also my check lit stays on i asked the dealer he said it is because of the perf upgrades was there possibility of sum comp upgrades too?

Red
    '99 Trans Am M6

It has cherry bombs on it?
    Get a borla or magnaflow.
    And they kick pretty good mid-range and high rpm stock, so if you do have any performance work done, I'd imagine it does scream.
    And about the check engine light, yeah, performance upgrades can cause that. Make sure the computer has been properly tuned to match.

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am

are ls1 cars quick? yes. an intake and exhaust like you have will add a little more pep. if it's all over the road look into some better tires or suspension. you can get it tuned and have them completely remove those codes from the computer (probably rear o2's) and pick up a little more power.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So are you saying your car is to quick? Nothing wrong with your mufflers it is all a matter of preference(won't gain or lose substantial power by swapping out), although I am curios do you have headers and does your exhaust merge into a y-pipe or is is duals? That flashing light means you need a tune or need to get a code reader and see what specifically the car is trying to tell you. Frost is a member on here who provides mail order tunes if you can't find someone local who specializes in Ls cars. There is a number of things to be said about you being all over the road so if it is a really big problem upgrade your tires-best upgrade you can do for right now.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by mannie View Post
    i bought the car 2001 ws6 ram from a dealer,in town candy red gorgeous car,had sum motor perf wrk done by texas racing throttle body cold air intake headers cheery bombs,anyway when i puts around town it goes alright but when i kik up the rpms that bitches screams and is all over the road,are all ls1 like this?or is it cause of my performance up grades,also my check lit stays on i asked the dealer he said it is because of the perf upgrades was there possibility of sum comp upgrades too?
    So, it sounds like you are asking, is it normal for a high performance engine to make more power over 3500 RPM then a non-high perf engine. If so, yes.

Especially when modded to breath better, like yours with the headers. At least, that's what I gather from your run together sentences and misspellings.

And I agree, WS6s are sex.

///Some cars look like they could kick your ass. A WS6 not only looks that way, it WILL do it, and then steal your girlfriend!///

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

First things first. As mentioned above, get the computer read to find what your error code is. I'm surprised a dealer would sell a car with the check engine light on. They could at least notify you the codes it's throwing which will determine what the issue is.

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

any engine should really kick in the high rpms because that is were the peak of the horse power and the torque of the engine is so it is using maximum power at the higher rpms

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
    any engine should really kick in the high rpms because that is were the peak of the horse power and the torque of the engine is so it is using maximum power at the higher rpms
    This, you make more power at 4,000rpms than you do at 1000-3000rpms. A car builds power throughout the rpms until it hits a point called peak power where the horsepower starts to decrease. So you a ls1 at 4000rpms makes more pwoer than the same ls1 at 2krpms, as does almost any car.

As for the check engine lights dealers will selll cars with check engine lights on and its most likely because of your headers. Check to make sure the o2s are still hooked up.

Thread Information