Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree4Likes

Why do we love Birds so much

This is a discussion on Why do we love Birds so much within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by jrbonds My 65 is no longer "chick car". Lol. Get many tickets with "arrest me red"? I ...

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post
    My 65 is no longer "chick car". Lol.

Get many tickets with "arrest me red"? I do. Lol
    i like the old ones like the 65-67 but its the new ones i dont like and not as much as you would think but i dont get my car out that much

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

All this bird talk makes me want some Popeyes LoL! U guys just convinced me to go pull the bird out the nest(storage) wipe it down pull the ttops off & run a few miles today,i never really drive it much due to my job & i know for sure it wont ever see the winter at all so i better enjoy it while the days are pleasent m so glad to be a bird owner

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post
    I understand. But mine is really cool, its in the muscle car thread if you are curious.
    No offense im not trying to be a prick or anything im just a DIE HARD GM FAN LoL!

Black
    1998 WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcuffs View Post
    They look exotic to me. Sexy as hell and American made!!!!!!!!
    Mine was made in Canada

Blue
    2002-WS6

my love began as most of us with the smokey and the bandit movies, then my brother got a 75 model with a 400 in it, he blowed the motor so he got another 400 from a 69 GTO and i helped him put it in, then he tore the rear end out with that motor and we had to find another one and put it in, was a blast cause everytime we fixed something we went out to the local burnout spot and put to the floor, man that was great, then later in life i have had several, a 73, a 80, an 81 formula a 87 formula a 95 Formula and now a 2002 WS6, plus a few Z28's as well.
    to sum it up as a member on another forum said - "an SS looks like it could kick your ass and a WS6 looks like it's coming to do it" LOL

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Well, basically my dad had a 77 that he always talked about and I always thought that thing was really cool when I was younger. When I was about 9 or so, I saw the commercial where the black WS6 ate that red car (Ferrari?) at the stoplight and was like "Daaaamn, that's a sweet looking car." Ya know, in 9 yr language... anyway I grew up to love cars but kind of forgot about the bird because it wasn't talked about as much and instead always wanted a vette. Now my head was in the right place obviously but the passion was fueled by admittedly, a type of bandwagon effect. I loved american and the z06 was badass and thus, yay for vettes.

I grew up in a really small town and I hadn't seen a ws6 in person at all. Well one day one drove by and I was like "Wow... I remember those..." and from that point on, I wanted one again. Graduated (high school), got my first job, and as soon as I had worked for 6 months, went to Illinois and picked up the beast .
    It'll stay with me forever.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    No offense im not trying to be a prick or anything im just a DIE HARD GM FAN LoL!
    Thanks for the clarification. Although this is an LSx website, you really shouldn't bash/attack other cars. Mods don't like that. I really prefer GM muscle cars, but I respect almost any fast, RWD car.

I love my WS6 so much bc everytime I leave a store, and look at other cars in the parking lot, it is rarely, if ever, I see another car/truck that I'd prefer to get into!

red
    2002 ws6

I have decided to keep my o2 forever I bought it when I was 17. Only thing that worries me is the upkeep. I have already put it away in my garage uner a cover, but being living in illinois the car has slight rust spots already only on the floor pan, around the body mounts, I am deciding how to prevent any further corosion.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Pewter Metallic

I really wanted a 01-02 SOM T/A,but i cant lie i love my pewter bird,maybe someday i will paint my car that color,but my money will have to be all the way right,because i want it completly stripped,motor,trans,doors etc so everything is freshly painted

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    I really wanted a 01-02 SOM T/A,but i cant lie i love my pewter bird,maybe someday i will paint my car that color,but my money will have to be all the way right,because i want it completly stripped,motor,trans,doors etc so everything is freshly painted
    i was the same way looking at black som or blue. red was the last one i wanted but i found it with such low miles and at s steal of a price and now i love it
    "The Camaro SS looks like it could kick your ass. The Trans Am WS6 looks like its on its way over to do it."

treat stressful situation like a dog. if you can't eat or hump it, then piss on it and walk away.

keep your foot in it,till you see god

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    I have decided to keep my o2 forever I bought it when I was 17. Only thing that worries me is the upkeep. I have already put it away in my garage uner a cover, but being living in illinois the car has slight rust spots already only on the floor pan, around the body mounts, I am deciding how to prevent any further corosion.
    Get a piece of carpet to park your car on top of.

The reason your getting slight rust spots on your oil pan is because of the moisture thats coming out of the concret floor. You can even go as far as a sheet of plastic under the carpet.

If you don't have a bunch of kids or other stuff that could damage your cars finish - do you really need a car cover?
    I'm afraid that the car cover might be trapping any moisture in. ----------Just a thought------------
    2002 Firebird Formula - 5.7 Liter - "Last of the Breed"

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

some car covers will like the one you can get at wal-mart. if its in side i like the cal car cover dust top cover it has flanal lining and lets moisture out but its like a $200 cover

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    PM sent

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I heard this when i was in Advance Auto the other day and think it completely sums it up. For me at least.

"The Camero SS looks like it could kick your ass. The Trans Am WS6 looks like its on its way over to do it."

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KillerCasey915 View Post
    I heard this when i was in Advance Auto the other day and think it completely sums it up. For me at least.

"The Camero SS looks like it could kick your ass. The Trans Am WS6 looks like its on its way over to do it."
    sorry but that was so good im going to have a jake it for my sig haha

Blue
    2002-WS6

ha ha, some one stole my quote ^ i stole i t from another forum, but the fact remains.... it is true

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

oh ya its tru to. i was thinking of selling my ta this past year but i just cant think of a meaner looking car. and thats the reason i got it to start with and the one i use to keep it. its sexy and still looks like it will hurt you

Blue
    2002-WS6

we love them because they are mean looking and sexy, even when they look like this, see pics!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information