Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

why did you buy a trans am

This is a discussion on why did you buy a trans am within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I've loved em for years. I found a 98 TA with just 18.5K miles on craigslist for $12.5k. I finally ...

Red
    1998 Trans Am

I've loved em for years. I found a 98 TA with just 18.5K miles on craigslist for $12.5k. I finally had the money and couldnt pass it up.
    NicksTA

I got a TA because I was tired of listening to my buddy tell me how great his 2000 SS was...

Midnight Blue
    1998 Trans Am

Asking why you bought your trans am is like asking a guy why he wants to sleep with Megon Fox.

Sexiness

WS6 Black Convertible
    2001 Trans Am

I was driving by the GM dealer and it was sitting on the front lawn next to the highway. Called the wife to check it out since we both wanted a vert. She said get it, so later that day after a test drive and kicking the rear end out when I hammered it, brought me to my senses and I knew that I wanted it. 3 years later and i have no regrets - just love it.

NBM
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Love at first sight!

2000 NBM Trans Am WS6

Clear Lid, Eibach Pro Kit, Bilstein Shocks and Struts, 17 x 9.5 & 18 x 10.5 C6 Z06 Gun Metal Grey Deep Dish OE Replica Wheels

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

In 99, my best friend bought a black 99 Corvette from Carmax. I went with him one day to get it serviced for something. While waiting we toured the lot, and lo-and-behold they had a 98 black Trans Am. It was half jealousy of my friend's Vette and half love at first sight. The next day I went back to Carmax and bought it! My buddy owned the Vette for less than a year. I owned that TA for 7 years and 175k miles...

I regretted selling that one pretty much 10 minutes after it was out of my sight! I held off almost 3 years before giving in and buying another. I had almost giving up on finding the red WS6 that I wanted, when one suddenly showed up at Carmax again. So I am now on my 2nd Trans Am from Carmax of all places!

_
    No good deed goes unpunished.

2002 trans am ws6

the first car that i own was a 91 Mitsubishi galant then that broke. yhen my brother got me a 94 camaro v6. i got tire of it cause it was and automatic so traded it for a 2002 manual firebird(v6)( i did not know there was a v8)then i go to youtube and i write firebird then all of this trans am, formulas,ws6s.. thats when i regretted buying the v6. i had to wait like 2-3 year till i found a 02 ws6 like 170 miles from where i was. so i dicided to go for it. have like 3 months with my ws6 and i would trade it for any other car...

2002 trans am ws6

sorry meant to say that i would NOT NOT traded for any other car.

It has a big wing!

Always loved them,always will...That simple.

When a GM car even makes the bleed blue Ford guys go...
    "Yeah,those are pretty sweet..."

You know it's a legend.
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #530

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by dav-02ws6-m6 View Post
    sorry meant to say that i would NOT NOT traded for any other car.
    That's the right attitude!

White
    1998 Trans Am

I always liked them, I missed buying a 78 TA Black and gold about 8 yrs ago. Then I test drove a used 95 Formula 6spd in 1996 and when I went back to the lot to buy it someone else had got it. Only reason I didn't jump on it was because it was RED. I just don't like bright red vehicles. There weren't any other good deals so I got a brand new Mustang GT for $15k. Then my mom bought a 1998 TA. She liked the new style and it was only $24k since it was titled to gm and even though it had around 300 miles it was considered used. They said it went to some shows. They sold the Gold one I wanted and was jealous after driving her white one. Over the years I've had pickups and suv's for work and a Mustangs and a 97 Turbo Talon. 3 yrs ago my mom decided to sell the TA since she needed a year round car good in the snow so I took it off her hands for what they were going to give her if she traded it in. She got a $22k loadd Cobalt for $14,500 since it was a leftover. Now she is retiring and moving to Cali she is dumping the cobalt and getting a Vette.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I was seperated from my exwife, and the 10mpg duallie ford wasnt going to cut it. I wanted a 68 firebird with the big block, and blue with white stripes. My dad said i'd b a lot happier with a newer car. I would get air conditioning, gas mileage, stereo, etc. I found mine on ebay. Love at first sight.The price was right, and i flew out to houston to buy it. I brought my exwife with( not ex at the time). She asked who was gonna pick us up. I said i dont know. She says, then how will you know who it is? I smiled and said I know what he's driving. Needless to say she was EXTREMELY pissed.We were making the loop out of the airport, and she asked, Why did you buy this? I slapped it into 2nd at 40 and STOMPED on it. That's y i said. I was challenged to two races before i made it home. She calls it the batchelor car. Even with her in the passenger seat, girls stare and wave. Still have the WS6. Ex wife, not so much. Now you know who the mob is in my sig.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    I was seperated from my exwife, and the 10mpg duallie ford wasnt going to cut it. I wanted a 68 firebird with the big block, and blue with white stripes. My dad said i'd b a lot happier with a newer car. I would get air conditioning, gas mileage, stereo, etc. I found mine on ebay. Love at first sight.The price was right, and i flew out to houston to buy it. I brought my exwife with( not ex at the time). She asked who was gonna pick us up. I said i dont know. She says, then how will you know who it is? I smiled and said I know what he's driving. Needless to say she was EXTREMELY pissed.We were making the loop out of the airport, and she asked, Why did you buy this? I slapped it into 2nd at 40 and STOMPED on it. That's y i said. I was challenged to two races before i made it home. She calls it the batchelor car. Even with her in the passenger seat, girls stare and wave. Still have the WS6. Ex wife, not so much. Now you know who the mob is in my sig.....
    FYI: Pontiac V8 engines thru the 400 are all considered the same, insofar as they are identical externally, with different bore and stroke combinations creating the CID.

While it has the same external dimensions the 421, 428 and 455 have larger journal diameters.

Side note: I'm sorry for not replying but I don't know anybody that does board level soldersing...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    FYI: Pontiac V8 engines thru the 400 are all considered the same, insofar as they are identical externally, with different bore and stroke combinations creating the CID.

While it has the same external dimensions the 421, 428 and 455 have larger journal diameters.

Side note: I'm sorry for not replying but I don't know anybody that does board level soldersing...
    hey dude, im just a roofer. im surprised some days i can type. i will need to learn this car to start with, then i will learn about the older ones. I just really love the body style. So, ill do this one first, and then a 1st gen, And i bought a complete instrument cluster. Bam, easy pass.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

when I bought my 97 T/A .. I wanted to see what a 4th gen was like , and the T/A just looked so much cooler and meaner than a Regular Firebird ...

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am Ws6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    when i was 7 or 8 i saw the 'hungry' commercial at my nieghbors house on my birthday, i was PSYC'D. i had to have the evil car...

ever since i have been obsessed with them, i had dreams during my mid teens centered around them.. but i could never afford one.

last april i had saved up enough to buy one as a 'graduation' gift for myself since my dad wasnt going to get me anything,

that drive home was the most peacefull i have ever felt, no movie, themepark ride, life accomplishment, or even any girl made me feel the way i did driving home that night, my T/A is my pride and joy, any bad day i have can be relieved with her, just makes me feel whole,

i have made so many good friends with that car, and also met a few girls for no other reason but.

i love my Pontiac
    SAME HERE . SAME HERE . Straight out of HS. And on a bad day, i just get in my car and drive feeling like king of the road . WS6 M6 FTW !!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by FirehawkM6; 04-12-2010 at 03:01 AM.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am Ws6 M6

WHY did I buy a TRANS AM WS6 ??? Because Nothing in the world could compare to this feeling !!!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og8h_X9evXc&playnext_from=TL&videos=sJ9x7z 1Znuc[/ame]
    Last edited by FirehawkM6; 04-12-2010 at 03:43 AM.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Ha nice commercial find... Love the subtle Knight Rider-esque music and David Hasslehoff-esque actor...

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

mine found me. I was working at a dealer. it came in with 19,500 on the clock one owner. one week later I traded a 2 year old hyundai in that was paid for and took on the payments for 5 years 390 a month and 760 a month in insurance

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

760 a month in insurance?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information