Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

why did you buy a trans am

This is a discussion on why did you buy a trans am within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I'VE OWNED CAMAROS MOST ALL MY LIFE (69,70 MOSTLY) BIG BLOCKS, SMALL BLOCKS ETC. 69 CAMARO BEING MY FAVORITE OF ...

BLACK
    2000 TRANSAM

WHY

I'VE OWNED CAMAROS MOST ALL MY LIFE (69,70 MOSTLY) BIG BLOCKS, SMALL BLOCKS ETC. 69 CAMARO BEING MY FAVORITE OF ALL TIME. I THOUGHT ABOUT SELLING MY 00 TO BUY A NEW CAMARO. THEY DO LOOK GOOD BUT THE WS6 IS A MEAN AWESOME LOOKING CAR. & THE T/A IS MORE SOLID FEELING THAN THE CAMARO.

Quote Originally Posted by ws6freek View Post
    to be totally honest I think that the trans am looks a lot better than the vette. It almost looks like its moving even when it isnt, thats why i love it so much
    Sometimes I think the Trans Am looks better (because the Vette can look weird), but I'd still buy a Corvette if feasible. It's better in other ways.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 01-01-2010 at 09:22 PM.

black
    2001 Trans Am

i've always had a love for the T/A's from my childhood of watching night rider to the awesome commercials of the enw 98 WS6 trans ams. i finally got to buy one in 2003 when i lived in clarksville, tn. she was a white '99 T/A with a 6 spd manual. when me and my husband returned to east, tn we desided we wanted to show her. we put alot of work into her with the help of an excellant painter and upholstery guy. she won several awards, one being 1st place win in 98-02 heavy custom at the 2008 T/A nats. unfortunatly she met her demise when we returned for the 2009 T/A nats. when we were returning home we was in an accident that totaled her. but fortunatly about a month later we found another one. a 2001 WS6 T/A we drove 2 1/2 hours to go look at her and of course fell in love at 1st site. i have now owned this one for 3 mo. and she will get the full luxury treatment that my '99 had. these are great cars and i just can't see me driving anything else

White
    2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    when i was 7 or 8 i saw the 'hungry' commercial at my nieghbors house on my birthday, i was PSYC'D. i had to have the evil car...

ever since i have been obsessed with them, i had dreams during my mid teens centered around them.. but i could never afford one.

last april i had saved up enough to buy one as a 'graduation' gift for myself since my dad wasnt going to get me anything,

that drive home was the most peacefull i have ever felt, no movie, themepark ride, life accomplishment, or even any girl made me feel the way i did driving home that night, my T/A is my pride and joy, any bad day i have can be relieved with her, just makes me feel whole,

i have made so many good friends with that car, and also met a few girls for no other reason but.

i love my Pontiac
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aelXC9j43WE[/ame]

I forgot about that commercial...

Blue on white
    1999 Trans Am

Why?

Why did I buy a Trans Am?
    I don't think I had much choice... In high school, I rode center seat in the rear (transmission hump, and i was 6'3") out to lunch in this
    or this , and was a passenger when this was totaled, . Other guys in our school drove these, , and did doughnuts in these, , . I was 35 before I could afford this, so I don't think I will be without a TA again.

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Had 2nd generation black & gold 'Bandit' t/a back in the day, then spent many years trying different ideas including 1st gen Camaro and '70 Cutlass convertible.
    Then decided it was time to get back into t/a, spent significant time looking for another Bandit t/a, but then saw CETA convertible and knew 4th gen was the way to go.

Sunfire Yellow
    02 Collector Edition T/A

Quote Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
    where, when, and why did you buy you a trans am?
    Los Angeles in 1988, I bought it cause I love muscle cars of the late 60's and early 70's. Besides the Mustangs they were the last true muscle cars of that era. I had to have one when the updated 79 2nd gen. model debut with the full black out tail lamps and the integrated front bumper with quad headlights oh lets not forget the mirrored T-tops that always leak when it rain. Horsepower was bleak for most cars in the 70's but Pontiac and Chevy had the most horsepower of that era.

I no longer drive it but I still have my 1st T/A it's a 10th Anniversary Trans Am with the original true Pontiac motor T/A 6.6 400 ci. with Muncie 6spd. manual tranny.
    Last edited by LS2GTO; 01-07-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Last breed of the musle cars

Love that ride from the first time the 98 and up came out

White
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Archaelas View Post
    Well the real question for me is, which T/A?

My first was a 1987 GTA hardtop with the 5.7. I bought that just before graduating high school in '98. I bought it for one reason only, I was 18 and wanted to pick up chicks. When that car was totalled (*grumble grumble*) I waited until I could find another T/A and landed on a 1988 GTA Notchback Edition, black with t-tops, black interior and the 5.0L. Unfortunately, a little old lady in a Crown Vic decided I didn't need that car and ran it over (well, pushed it into a tree actually). Not good luck on the f-body front when I was under 21 lol.

After that, I went to the dark side and drove a 1989 Mustang LX 5.0 for a solid 2 years, using it to reposess other vehicles and generally being stupid. I met my wife, got married, had kids and never had the $ to get my dream car back. Then, this past Feb. my wife saw me eyeing this beautiful '98 T/A convertible and told me to make an offer... Thanks to her, I have my baby back and am loving every minute of it.

As a side note, I too was in HS when the last gen birds came out and my introduction to the Firebird world didn't start with the '87 GTA. It began with the first car I ever bought with my own money, a 1969 Firebird. It was primer grey, had no A/C but it had one hell of an engine and I loved it.
    I had the same luck under 20 with The F-Bodies.... bought my first at 18- a 1988 GTA Black 5.7 auto with T-Tops and digital display.. wrote it off coming home from my first job working niteshift only got 10 mins down the highway. It was a five hour drive.SMH Then I rolled my 91 GTA Black hardtop 5.0- 5 spd. Then the good luck came, A girl who stripped (very HOT)owned a 99 WS-6 it was red and she sold it to me. I traded it for a silverado SS don't ask y. I ended up buying it back 3 years later, the exact same car. Now I have the white one... much better . Sorry for the long post.

White
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

They 've always been the fastest, meanest looking car out there in my opinion

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i agree about the meanest ..not the fastest tho

Black
    1999 WS6 Ram Air Trans-Am

My first car was a 77 Smokey and the Bandit T/A. I had it for 3yrs, and put over 150,000 miles on it. I didn't know what I had. It was just a car at the time. I learned to find out what I really had. I LOVED THAT CAR! We were moving to Washington state, and it blew a motor in Muscatine Iowa in 1983. That day a part of me died. I sold it there, and bought something to get to Washington state. I had 8 different T/A cars since then. My car now is my favorite. 99 Ram-Air T/A. Not bad for a car that so quick and gets 28mpg. It's a head turner. When you go by a group of people, and they stop what they are doing to stare at the car that is the best feeling. You can't beat it.
    LONG LIVE THE TRANS-AM!!!!!!!

had a 68 firebird in High School in '77. Owned Pontiacs - Catalina (2) one was a convertible...very cool, had a 03 Bonneville, 07 G6, and the best of all, bought a '67 Firebird 400 in 1987 and still have it sitting in my garage.
    Loved the 02 TransAm since it came out, could never afford it, ready for a new car last year, an 02 CETA came to a local dealer. Convertible, 6 Sp. Wife game me the ok, so I got it.
    I now have first year, and last year 67-02.

"go baby go"
    99 WS6

For me it all started when I was a kid and I saw smokey and the bandit. I knew right then what kind of car I was destined for. When the time came for my first car I couldn't find a decent T/A so I settled for an 81 Z28 with a 350. Nice first car but it wasn't a T/A. I kept it a few years and found an 81 trans am with the NA 301. Not much power but hey I was getting closer right. So one day I see a 94 formula with that 'new fangled' LT1. I loved that car, very quick. I still regret letting go of that one. But I ended up trading it in on a 97 camaro ss with the ram air package. That was a fast ship... Then I saw that commercial for the new ram air trans am's. I knew she was the one. lol

Green
    1994 Z28

F-bodies have been in my families blood. My dad had camaros in high school, my brother has had 2 93 z28's for sentimental reasons, my older sister had a 97 30th anniv. My younger brother has a 25th 92 z28. And I being the blacksheep that i am have had a 91 formula, 94 formula and now a 99 t/a, my dream car. I wanted one since i read a magazine about the 99 anniv. t/a. I made a pact with myself that i will always own a t/a so that when my 5 yr old son gets old enough to drive i will hand down my 99 to him. I call he jojo. Cuz shes sweet.

Navy Blue
    1999 Trans Am

Father had 67 GTO in high school. In 1995ish he rebuilt a 67 to match his from his glory days and rebuilt a 69 for my brother. He found a 70 GTO to rebuild for me but the guy would never sell it. So i asked for a new TA when i graduated (2002). Price was ridiculous so he got me a 98 mustang GT instead. After I wore that car out I bought a 03 mustang GT. This past summer I decided to finally buy the car I always wanted. Enjoyed it the past 8 months.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Got mine at about the oddest place anyone can get one. At Russ Mine FORD. I had to release her from their clutches.

4 Years ago.

First time I saw a 4th gen growing up it instantly became my dream car. The hood, tailights, the overall aggressive look had me hooked. I knew it was within my reach eventually so no Lambo, Porsche or Ferrari on my wish list. I've always been much more of a realist.
    Last edited by KMdef9; 01-31-2010 at 03:57 PM.

black, white
    99 firehawk 94 25th anni

my dad gave me my first car and it was a 1984 trans am ever since ive ONLY bought firebirds. 35 firebird and counting (just bought my first lt1 powered trans am (1994 25th anniversary trans am gt)

White
    1997 Firebird Formula WS6

Ive always wanted a fast car ever since I was about 13. I ended up buying a 1997 yukon as my first car because it would go in the snow and hold more people. But I soon got tired of it and knew I needed a sports car. Me and my dad went to look around after I sold it. I was 17 at the time. The first car we checked out was a 2003 Mustang GT. It was a 5 speed manual and I couldn't drive stick at the time so my dad drove instead. The salesperson kept talking about how great it sounded but I didn't care about that I wanted to see what it would do. My dad laid the hammer down and I wan't impressed. After leaving the dealer I told him that mustang had no balls and he agreed. As we were heading home I spotted a 2001 Camaro SS I recognized from a paper ad. It was a vert, not exactly what I wanted, but I knew it was an automatic and that meant I could drive it. When we got there I found out that I needed to be 18 to drive it. Thankfully the salesman didn't come cuz as soon as we got away my dad switched seats with me so I could drive. For the first few seconds I was conservative, then I floored it. It hit first gear and I was freaked out and let off at 3500 rpm. I fell in love at that moment. 2 weeks later I picked up a 1999 Trans am WS6 A4 and to this day I still love it to death.

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

I was 13 and my dad and I bought my first car after I'd been cutting yards all summer- a 1986 TA that had been hit hard on the front for $600. Left it parked at a shop where we were straightening the frame and someone decided to take parts off of it. Before I could even bring it home a guy offered us $2400 for it- sold it. Since then I swore I'd have another. In 2001 I test drove a platinum WS6 and looked at a white Firehawk- wife became pregnant two weeks later had to put plans on hold. In August the wife totaled my family car and I seized the opportunity when I found a 2000 Firehawk in need of a good home and a ton of help. Now I'm re-living my childhood every day I drive to work.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information