Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Where & when did you get your f-body?

This is a discussion on Where & when did you get your f-body? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; all good stories....im paying for all my shit, i hard to work for everything. even when i was 16, i ...

I Love High-Explosives! TheChad1371's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

all good stories....im paying for all my shit, i hard to work for everything. even when i was 16, i was workin at pizza hut for car insurance and gas money. but im in the same boat. no cash money for any mods...the wife helped with that possition...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I bought my baby 5 months ago. I had a 2005 Tiburon SE...it was fun to drive, but i got tired of settling with racing civics! I drove through Corpus and looked at every dealership in town...TWICE! I was looking for something worth going upside down on 2005 car. It was the second day of looking at cars and my third time at this same dealership. I was about to give up looking and then the clouds opened up, sun shone down, heard music playing and there she was! A sexy, black 2002 WS6 with 35,000 miles. It was the exact car that I wanted when I was with my ex wife(had to get a passat instead)...So I got rid of a wife and aquired a Trans AM...win win situation. Let's just say the WS6 went home with me that night.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

very nice. youre own version of wife swap. id do the same. good move, id say you came out on top by far on that deal. only 35k miles? damn...i put alot of highway miles on mine by driving up to pa from nc alot...

green
    95 firebird

I've had my Firebird for almost 2 years now. I crashed my first car, a 93 Bonneville, and picked the f-body up so I could commute to school. I'm glad I did, it is a very fun car to drive every day.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TheChad1371 View Post
    very nice. youre own version of wife swap. id do the same. good move, id say you came out on top by far on that deal. only 35k miles? damn...i put alot of highway miles on mine by driving up to pa from nc alot...
    Yeah...the 5 months that I have had it I have put over 11,000 miles on it. On top of that I am going to make a trip from Ingleside, TX to Norfolk, VA next week...then make the trip back the following week. I've made the trip in a 93 Talon, and a 73 Buick Centurion 455...so making it in a Trans Am should be a cake walk. i'm only stopping to piss and eat...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    ever since i was a kid, i luved trans ams. I drove my bros vette for a while, and my parents were willing to give me it and buy him a new car, but there was just something about a black WS6. So i convinced my dad to buying me one and on November 17 2005 i had officially was the owner of the car. Altough it wasnt a ws6, i got the hood. It stayed at my dads friends place untill we got plates for it. Then after school we went to the DMV, got the plates, put it on, and i hammered it on 22 on the way back. And on Nov 18 2005 the car was sitting in my driveway. Then the modding began
    wow...tough life..."coulda had a vette, but dad bought me a t/a"

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    wow...tough life..."coulda had a vette, but dad bought me a t/a"
    wuts wrong w/ that? I didnt want the vette because i was set on a T/A.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I've been looking for about 6-8 months. I couldn't find a single Trans Am with all options I wanted. 2001-2002 Trans Am WS6, full-loaded under 25k. Until one day, during busy season, I happened to fall upon EBAY (out of all the places I've been looking -haha). I look on EBAY from time-to-time to get an idea of what the prices of TA were with as well as the conidtion...

2001 Trans Am, WS6, fully-loaded 23k miles! Bright red (best color, IMO)

Anyway, it was a elderly gentleman in the Washington State. (he went to an EBAY store in his local town because he was trying to sell it for 2 months and was unsuccessful). He loved this car. Garaged, covered, and no accidents, no dings/dent on any part of the car. Pristine condition. He recently got sick and just bought another motorcycle, which he had 6 custom bikes. His wife was making him sell the Trans Am because of his health and to make room for his bikes.

Anyway to make a long story even longer....... I flew to Washington to look at the car. I was blown away at the condition. Almost Factory fresh!

Made the purchase 1 month ago. $16,500 for the car!, $500 for Transport (used the seller's transportation company, which he owned). Paid the taxes for California $1,500.

Always had my heart set on a 2001-2002 Trans Am. My first car was a 1999 Grand AM GT sedan (sold). Second car was a 2003 Toyota Tacoma 6 inch lift (sold). Third car was a 2005 Honda Civc (which I still have, daily driver).

My collector/weekend car is the 01 TA. Love it and is the best purchase I have ever made in my life...... "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. "

Now for the only bad part about the car: 1. I can't keep the miles off the damn thing because I love to drive it! 2. Can't keep my foot of the damn gas!

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

First F-body was a `78 Z28 bought it in 1990
    Totaled it 3 months later (fell asleep at the wheel)
    Next came a `79 Trans Am, Swapped out the Olds for a 400 Poncho a year later and started my Street Racing career.
    Next f-body was a `94 Formula, Traded in the `79 towards it in Jan`97.
    Jan `98 I ordered my current car NBM Formula M6 and continued my Street Racing Career.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Maple Red Metalic
    2000 Trans Am

My first f-body was also my first new car a 1987 TA. I purchased it after looking for over a year for a new car. I was 18 and wanted something sporty. I could only afford $16K for a new car. I looked at many different cars like a MR2, Monte Carlo SS, Mustang, Camero Z28. I happened upon a new white V6 firebird that has some minor mostly cosmetic modifications. I looked at this car for two weeks and on a Friday night my Dad and I went to buy this beauty. I had a cashiers check in my pocket for $6K as a down payment, I was going to finance the rest. Well the nice friendly dealer suddenly changed his tune when I made an offer of $2k off sticker. He stated he could get sticker for this car, and that I should go buy a Ugo since that was obviously all I could afford. My Dad and I were shown the door before we knew what had happened. Understand I did not look at Trans Ams because they were way over what I could afford. The next day my Dad called and said "lets just go looking". I didn't really feel like going, but off we went. We pulled into this small dealer with at most 10 new cars for sale 2 of them new Trans Ams. One was Blue without Ts and the other a Flame Red beauty with T-tops. I took a look at the sticker and started to walk away, but the friendly salesman handed me the keys and a Shell Credit card and said with a smile "It needs gas, go fill it up I'll keep your dad hostage until you get back." I started it up and peeled the tires pulling out. This car had 4 miles on it. I filled it up with Super and drove it to show my Mom who was working just a few miles away. I went back to the dealer and I didn't even have to say anything he just made me a great deal on the price and my new Ugo was a V8 Trans Am. I drove this car everyday for 14 years until I purchased my current ride a 2000 TA.

Purchased New April 1987
    Sold March 2000

Year: 1987
    Make: Pontiac
    Model: Firebird
    Trim: Trans Am
    Color: Flame Red
    Mileage: 134,000 mi. when sold
    Class: Sport
    Body Style: 2 Door Coupe
    Engine Type: 8 cyl 5 L
    Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
    Standard Equipment:
    8 cyl 5 L Engine, 4-Speed Automatic Transmission,
    Premium Sound System AM/FM Stereo Tape w/Speaker System-Subwoofer, Air Conditioning, Aluminum/Alloy Wheels, Fog Lights, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Tilt Steering Wheel, Velour/Cloth Seats, Elec Rear Window Defogger, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, T-Tops (solid/colored), Rear Spoiler

Modifications: The imprint of my body on the driverís seat and my foot on the gas pedal.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i bought mine with 17,800 miles on it.. now it has 23,300

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I traded in my 1996 Trans Am and took out a loan for 6500 for my 2000 Trans Am. Before that i have a 79 Malibu with a 350 bored to a 355 from a impala. Exhaust was headers, Cherry bombs and tips coming out in front of both rear tires. Good times, i rebuilt the tranny and had 3.73 gears in it. Got that huge car to run a 14.3 in the quarter lol.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

bought my ta with 88k, it now has 105k.

black
    2002 trans am

well im 16...

i no its alot of car for me...call me spoiled...
    but ive loved them forever...always wanted one as a younger kid....

told mom thats what i wanted went to the local dealer...told them this is what i want...

thats what i got..2002 t/a black with leather..

and the ls1...

so my first car..
    just my story..

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ls1speedster View Post
    well im 16...

told mom thats what i wanted went to the local dealer...told them this is what i want...

and the ls1...

so my first car..
    just my story..
    your lucky man, i had to pay my dues and eat through two ricers... so ur next car should be a z06 or something

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

lol, i hear ya bullet.

Silver

lol, i hear ya bullet.
    it gets worse tho... a week after i bought mine... my friend decided to put hers up for sale... cheaper than the one i bought and it had a BUNCH of stuff done to it... and it was black like i wanted... boo

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1speedster View Post
    well im 16...

and the ls1...

so my first car..
    just my story..

Spoiled! On the other hand, it is the best feeling and a wonderful satisfaction to work hard and buy stuff for yourself. At least my parents won't take away my car if I get out of hand. -haha j.p. Congrads on the new car! Good choice!

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

even better bullet...

Silver

even better bullet...
    yeah coulda had a cammed out headers and all m6 02 for less than what i payed for a bone dry stock one.. and it only had 25k miles on it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information