Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Where should a 16 year old start...

This is a discussion on Where should a 16 year old start... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Zaccagnini If you're thinking I meant literally sideways like flipped over, than that is stupid lol. And ...

WS9 + Y82 = Trans Am 6speedTAthistime's Avatar

Silver
    02 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccagnini View Post
    If you're thinking I meant literally sideways like flipped over, than that is stupid lol.

And all I want is some raw heat, right now it just feels slow.
    I've driven f-body's since i had my temps, first car was a 94 V6 , then 95 TA, 00 TA then now a 2002 TA. I also had a 1998 Corvette before the 02 TA

I dont think that you need anymore power. You need to learn how to control the power you have first. The reason i have full exhaust on my car is i wanted the sound, because i still can't truthfully say i can 100% control the power it has and i guarentee that you can't either. So i think before you go throwing all this money into hp mods, Learn to control it and put that money into suspension parts if you get the mod bug. So when you do want to add some power under the hood your driving skills and your chassis/suspension will be ready.

But you can do what you want. i've just seen too many of my friends wreck their nice cars doing stupid things and losing control. Remember your driving an F-Body not Rice

Take our advice and don't be like this guy.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=38548818

when i passed my roadtest last year at the age of 16 1/2 my dad surprised me with a 98 ws6 m6 with 29k on it. i had the for about a week and i started playin with the power going side ways, burn outs donuts all with juniors and drove about 6k with my juniors, now im almost 18 car has lts, cats!, slp loud mouth, pro 5.0 and im content with the car, i wanna do more but i understand im still young and i don't have as much as experience with the power like people with 11 sec cars, enjoy the car congrats

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i am going to refrain from commenting on this one....

im going to say that i stoped beating on it and i just enjoy getting the thumbs up from the old folks at lights

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

If you're thinking I meant literally sideways like flipped over, than that is stupid lol.

Then maybe a tune up. Trans Ams are not slow and if it seems that way, it probably needs a tune up. My baseline pins my head to the headrest when I punch it and its' not even a WS6.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

pay the car off first. Get all of the goodies as gifts for birthday, christmas, quanza, labor day, easter, boxing day, memorial day, forth of july, and so on.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by qwk93ta View Post
    If you are turning your car sideways already you need to get another car.....

If YOU think he meant you were FLIPPING your car over.... than THAT is stupid.

What he means is, if your already letting your ass end, ( you know.. .the rear end) of your car get out SIDEWAYS, then you are in trouble. I doubt with behavior like that you will have the car long anyways. Sorry to say it, but thats the truth. I dont put my car sideways, why would you? Dont tell me the "drifting" thing. I know it seems like you know everything about your cars performance and handling at 16, but you do not.
    You "lol" at doing dumb shit out in the rain, and almost brag about having your car sideways. I dont get it. I take my statement back. You should,

save up your money for when you wreck it.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

bavitzma too.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    If YOU think he meant you were FLIPPING your car over.... than THAT is stupid.

What he means is, if your already letting your ass end, ( you know.. .the rear end) of your car get out SIDEWAYS, then you are in trouble. I doubt with behavior like that you will have the car long anyways. Sorry to say it, but thats the truth. I dont put my car sideways, why would you? Dont tell me the "drifting" thing. I know it seems like you know everything about your cars performance and handling at 16, but you do not.
    You "lol" at doing dumb shit out in the rain, and almost brag about having your car sideways. I dont get it. I take my statement back. You should,

save up your money for when you wreck it.
    hahaha

Yea, I've had my car for nearly 1 month now and I have yet to lose my rear end and start going sideways (except slightly during a 4k dump which was totally intentional). During rain I'm like the slowest man on the road, don't wanna risk hurting the baby!

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

trust me. i have a ws6 for my first car at 16. it takes like a month to get used to. stop doing stupid stuff in the rain because if you hit something it will piss you off for so long. make sure you park your car far away in the lot. and if you talk alot of smack in school, you better stop because there are fags that will key your car.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Hey everyone, I just got my TA a month ago, its an a4, ws6 with 30k miles.

Ok so I have a job of course but its my first job, Im only making 8.50 an hour and I get maybe 220 a week until school starts then about 170, all after taxes.

So my budget isn't very good, but I can afford my car + some, the car is in my moms name to reduce the insurance, I have her car in my name so Im only paying 150 for her car, plus gas and car payment 250.

Anyways, it's completely stock right now and of course I got bit by the HP bug, long before I had the car.

Where you do think I should start to get HP gains, my cousin has a turbo camaro and I want a turbo so bad but after labor and the kit its expensive for me.

I already have Magnaflow catback + TSP ORY + Pacesetter LTs coming in, but then Im thinking LID and some other stuff, what do you all think, besides me not getting anything at all :P
    You should start off with full bolt ons and save your money for a major mod down the road. I got my first fbody(97 Z28 30th Anniversary) at 17 and by the time I was 20 I had it down in the high 12's with gears/cam/stall etc.
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 07-22-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Congrats on the car. Get a lid and forget the rest. You don't really make any $$ at all. BTW, wreck that car and you are banned from here for life.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i think every gets all weird when someone young has a car... must be jealousy... i mean i didnt get mine till i was almost 19... but i had a car a lot harder to handle than that when i first was 17 and i was fine... not every young person is stupid and cant control... yall may say well you think you were fine but you werent... but honestly im a great driver and can handle a lot of power fine... i think some people just have it and some dont.. regardless of age... now for your first car it may be a little intimidating... but just drive like normal the first few weeks and pretend you have no power... then have careful fun... if you feel nervous about giving it gas... then dont because you will do something stupid... just go with your gut

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i think every gets all weird when someone young has a car... must be jealousy... i mean i didnt get mine till i was almost 19... but i had a car a lot harder to handle than that when i first was 17 and i was fine... not every young person is stupid and cant control... yall may say well you think you were fine but you werent... but honestly im a great driver and can handle a lot of power fine... i think some people just have it and some dont.. regardless of age... now for your first car it may be a little intimidating... but just drive like normal the first few weeks and pretend you have no power... then have careful fun... if you feel nervous about giving it gas... then dont because you will do something stupid... just go with your gut
    Good advice there. Age doesn't always mean experience. I just don't think you deserve any power like that yet.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

@ 16 I said to all the older folks and turned my car sideways every chance I got

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Not if you were my kid. You'd think twice about that finger. Trust me.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Not if you were my kid. You'd think twice about that finger. Trust me.
    I would have, trust me ................stevie is giving you the finger in your friends list

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Good advice there. Age doesn't always mean experience. I just don't think you deserve any power like that yet.
    hha werd... it does suck thinking of our first cars... had a "nice" car but damn was it slow... 2001 eclipse wow...

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    trust me. i have a ws6 for my first car at 16. it takes like a month to get used to. stop doing stupid stuff in the rain because if you hit something it will piss you off for so long. make sure you park your car far away in the lot. and if you talk alot of smack in school, you better stop because there are fags that will key your car.
    +1, ive got 2 nice key marks, and had a chocolate shake end up one the t-tops and ran all the way down the back.... School cameras just happened to be angled so that you cant see who did it, pissed me right the f*ck off...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6

lol Slow compared to what? These cars are far from slow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information