Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What's my horse power

This is a discussion on What's my horse power within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Base Firebird????...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Base Firebird????
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 12-01-2010 at 08:54 PM.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by izzhemp View Post
    I was thinkin around 24O-25O cause it comes stock with 210 If im correct, but im not a budget but everything i've done to it i've gotten good price on parts i know its a V6 so wasn't plannin on doin Alot to it im done with mods though for it im plannin on gettin a 00-02 6 speed WS6 after taxes so i been settin aside money for a Fast LSX intake with fuel rails, Borla headers with true dual Borla S type mufflers and hopefully have enough also for a Zoom D2 disk set clutch to have put on as soon as i purchase the car and ya i know im lookin at bout 3OOO Bux right there just in parts but its worth it just need to find the car i want for the price im lookin to pay
    200 crank is all ya got stock.. If your mileage is high prolly 190 crank..
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-01-2010 at 10:22 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

it just hit 150000 miles....what could i expect to pay for a 00-02 WS6 T-Top 6 speed with no more that 80000 miles on it, and what you figure i could sell my 1999 V6 firebird for?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

it just hit 150000 miles....what could i expect to pay for a 00-02 WS6 T-Top 6 speed with no more that 80000 miles on it, and what you figure i could sell my 1999 V6 firebird for?
    $1800-$2600..just guessing.. Check the NADA on yours for a better idea.. Also remember mods usually amount to $0 in resale value unless sold privately...
    Even then it's iffy..
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-03-2010 at 11:52 AM.

i havnt checked out prices BUT im going to say around $8k give or take, depending on mods and what cont the car is in and whatnot

^^^ for the 00-02 WS6

i have no idea what your car is worth
    Last edited by Blackbird WS6; 12-03-2010 at 11:57 AM.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

id rate the car in "Fair" condition according to kelly blue book thats as of right now few more months id bump it up a level, and the mods are all on the first post of thread, and the WS6 hood has to count for somethin right

how much you wanting to spend on your new car?

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

at most 10000 but it has to be black on black leather power everything T-top 6 speed and ws6 and if i spent 10000 id want it to have decent milage

at most 10000 but it has to be black on black leather power everything T-top 6 speed and ws6 and if i spent 10000 id want it to have decent milage
    you shouldnt have a problem with that budget...keep an eye on tech

White
    2008 Hummer H3

id rate the car in "Fair" condition according to kelly blue book thats as of right now few more months id bump it up a level, and the mods are all on the first post of thread, and the WS6 hood has to count for somethin right
    Only to a private buyer maybe...

If you use it as a trade in, it may actually lose value with any mods over stock. On a private level you may be able to recoup some of the mod value but not usually.. Unless it were a full custom most times modded cars are a loss.. You could put it out there with a firm asking price and sell it 2-day, or it could sit there forever waiting to be sold @ your price.. As a purchaser myself I always barter for a lower value on a modded car.. Basicly if you want to make some money on it you need the right buyer.. In this econ good luck.. If it were me I'd clean it up as best as possible and put it up for sale around High School graduation time a see if you get any bites..

or you can part it out if you want

it being a hardtop should add some value to it for the right person

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Talking

lol graduatioin time good idea, my price askin on it lowest 3000, im not tradin it in if i buy new car from dealer and im not sellin it unless someone offers what i want cause i own it and it be nice to have an extra car when ever i got the v8 in the garage doin a cam swap

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I would keep it imo to have for a DD instead of putting miles on the trans am, wish my lil bro wouldnt have totaled my firebird or I would def be driving it right now instead of the ws6 I hate putting miles on it like I am and the wear and tear.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Heres a crazy idea. Hold onto the car, keep looking around until a New base 3.6l V-6 Camaro gets totalled from the side or rear and transplant its engine, tranny and ecm/wiring harness? There good for 305-ish horsepower and what is 276 lbs of torque? A six speed manual 3.6 in a 3,200-ish found 4th Gen Firebird would be almost 500 pound lighter than the 5th Gen Camaro V-6's! And all that before you mess with it! I could see a phone call to Frost in your near future.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Heres a crazy idea. Hold onto the car, keep looking around until a New base 3.6l V-6 Camaro gets totalled from the side or rear and transplant its engine, tranny and ecm/wiring harness? There good for 305-ish horsepower and what is 276 lbs of torque? A six speed manual 3.6 in a 3,200-ish found 4th Gen Firebird would be almost 500 pound lighter than the 5th Gen Camaro V-6's! And all that before you mess with it! I could see a phone call to Frost in your near future.
    my dad works at a chevy dealer in springfield IL and he said with family discount i can get the base v-6 brand new for 17000, which isnt bad

White
    2008 Hummer H3

my dad works at a chevy dealer in springfield IL and he said with family discount i can get the base v-6 brand new for 17000, which isnt bad
    I've thought about doing this swap myself in my 01.. Would be an excellent project imho.. I will say this tho, that if one chooses to use the DI 60*v6 DOHC 3.6l, be prepared to spend plenty on just stock parts alone for an engine likely not to have any warranty.. It may even be cheaper to do a 3800 v6 to ls1 swap. Depending on your means GM DOHC engines are not cheap to build or mod.. That aside, the 304 hp it produces is likely to be conservative. GM had/has a habbit of "detuning" them so not to step on some their v8 line ups.. A global 3.6l in a 4th gen would be sweet imho, and modded they could be beastly.. Tho it's likely to weigh close to the l36 +/- a few but still lighter than the LS1 cars.. One of the major problems I see would also be the hood aswell.. 660 high features are taller than any engine ever used in a 4th gen f-body..

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I've thought about doing this swap myself in my 01.. Would be an excellent project imho.. I will say this tho, that if one chooses to use the DI 60*v6 DOHC 3.6l, be prepared to spend plenty on just stock parts alone for an engine likely not to have any warranty.. It may even be cheaper to do a 3800 v6 to ls1 swap. Depending on your means GM DOHC engines are not cheap to build or mod.. That aside, the 304 hp it produces is likely to be conservative. GM had/has a habbit of "detuning" them so not to step on some their v8 line ups.. A global 3.6l in a 4th gen would be sweet imho, and modded they could be beastly.. Tho it's likely to weigh close to the l36 +/- a few but still lighter than the LS1 cars.. One of the major problems I see would also be the hood aswell.. 660 high features are taller than any engine ever used in a 4th gen f-body..
    Any time you mod a car with an engine swap your running that same risk. I see the 3.6 being an interesting option for the future, especially as its further developed, plus DFI loves boost, imagine turboing one. Its still a lightweight engine that would help immensely for people who want to keep overall weight and weight distribtion down vs going the V-8 route. If you find a totaled 2010 Camaro, it probably wont have that many miles on it. And if you find one that was side or rear end totalled as I mentioned earlier, theres a good chance the engines in okay condition. Once a few people do it, all the issues will be covered including hood clearance.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Any time you mod a car with an engine swap your running that same risk. I see the 3.6 being an interesting option for the future, especially as its further developed, plus DFI loves boost, imagine turboing one. Its still a lightweight engine that would help immensely for people who want to keep overall weight and weight distribtion down vs going the V-8 route. If you find a totaled 2010 Camaro, it probably wont have that many miles on it. And if you find one that was side or rear end totalled as I mentioned earlier, theres a good chance the engines in okay condition. Once a few people do it, all the issues will be covered including hood clearance.
    Not sure what risk you're talking about here. But I know about modding/swapin' engines. I'm currently doing an all one off LQ1 TT project on one of my cars. After which I'm moving to my Camaro but desided to go dohc Northstar v8 instead..

I think the 3.6 dohc or LQ1 would have been a better choice in v6 4th -gens from the factory.. Tho the global had'nt been produced yet a cousin engine like the LQ1 would have been a better choice than the ohv 3800 in my oppy.. The 3800 is a good engine tho,, but it's nothing like a Twin dual cam, or the global would be/have been..
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-11-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Not sure what risk you're talking about here. But I know about modding/swapin' engines. I'm currently doing an all one off LQ1 TT project on one of my cars. After which I'm moving to my Camaro but desided to go dohc Northstar v8 instead..

I think the 3.6 dohc or LQ1 would have been a better choice in v6 4th -gens from the factory.. Tho the global had'nt been produced yet a cousin engine like the LQ1 would have been a better choice than the ohv 3800 in my oppy.. The 3800 is a good engine tho,, but it's nothing like a Twin dual cam, or the global would be/have been..

What I meant with risk is this:

1) Used engines aren't new engines, there no real guarantee anything will work right when you put it in. New engines that what weren't original in the car weren't designed for that car. There is no real factory warranty to make things go right as well.

2) There usually some headache involved when putting an engine in a car that that same engine style wans'nt already equipped in the car in the first place.

3) You will need to spend more money than you thought you were on the job.You'll usually stumble on some component on the car that really needs replacing or something won't fit just right without some sort of addition of labor, parts etc.

4) When putting in an engine with noticably more power than the old, especially in an older project car, something HAS to break.

5) Etc. etc etc.

Tinkering has unintended consequences that can accompany the rewards. That doesn't mean don't do it (why would we be on this website if we were that timid?) It just means we need to acknowledge the possibilities and be willing to accept risk in order to attain the rewards (if they are reasonable).

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

What I meant with risk is this:

1) Used engines aren't new engines, there no real guarantee anything will work right when you put it in. New engines that what weren't original in the car weren't designed for that car. There is no real factory warranty to make things go right as well.

2) There usually some headache involved when putting an engine in a car that that same engine style wans'nt already equipped in the car in the first place.

3) You will need to spend more money than you thought you were on the job.You'll usually stumble on some component on the car that really needs replacing or something won't fit just right without some sort of addition of labor, parts etc.

4) When putting in an engine with noticably more power than the old, especially in an older project car, something HAS to break.

5) Etc. etc etc.

Tinkering has unintended consequences that can accompany the rewards. That doesn't mean don't do it (why would we be on this website if we were that timid?) It just means we need to acknowledge the possibilities and be willing to accept risk in order to attain the rewards (if they are reasonable).
    Ahh, i c, i c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information