Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

What's the dumbest thing asked about your car?

This is a discussion on What's the dumbest thing asked about your car? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Ant71130 Oh my god, just the thread I was looking for. Don't mind the story, and try ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    Oh my god, just the thread I was looking for. Don't mind the story, and try not to punch the character in my story. So I work at Advance and some girl around my age (19-23) had an engine light. So I go out with the OBD II and ask where I'm going. She points to the Tiburon. I notice two fart cans. So just to make conversation I'm like "so did you do that or did it come like that when you got it?" she asks what I meant. I said "the exhaust.". She says "no I did that.". I said "really...? You don't strike me as the kind of girl to like that kind of stuff.". She says "you'd be surprised. Really surprised actually. I like cars that go fast. I got a cold air intake too hehe.". So I say "huh, me too... So anyway looks like your upstream..." she cuts me off and turns around and says "see these cars are slow." I must have given her the right look because she then goes "oh is that your car?". I said yeah and she goes "well I mean they're not bad just...I don't know I like mustangs.". At this point I'm about done with her and was just like "really? Mustangs? Slow...really" like wtf. I politely told her that I'd destroy 95% of the mustangs around here and she's like "well not saleens!". I rolled my eyes and she laughs and just says "there not that fast. I mean those w6's or wx things are pretty good. They're turboed". I kid you guys not. I put down the scanner and said girl are you kidding me? No they are not. And that is a wS6.". She's like "it is not..! You don't even know what you drive." she actually said that to me. I show her. I pop the hood, show her the badge, the RPO, everything.". She's like "those are turboed! They have like 600 hp!". I said " lol you're crazy..." she then tells me to turbo my car, I say I'd rather procharge it and she just stops talking for a bit. I read her code and am just dumbfounded at this girl and as I'm walking back she goes "I didn't mean to say it's a bad car, I mean I'd probably still drive it. I might even drive it over my car (the fucking Tiburon...) and I just look and say "lady... Have a good day." and walk away. I was so.. Ugh the rest of the day.
    forum rules - if you're going to bring up a chick in a thread you have to post a pic of said chick or face the consequences

Navy Blue Metallic

is it me or does every ricer have more excuses for their cars then they have in bolt-ons?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Do you really want to deal with that kind of girl? If she's that clueless, who knows what else is wrong with her.

You shouldve called her Becky Bobby, with her desire to go fast and all. And wished her the best of luck with her dream with that Tiburon.
    I dealt with a "bubble-head" once for a year. She was probably the hottest chick I've ever met in my life. Finally got tired of it and dumped her. That year was pretty nice though. One of the best girl's I've ever been with in that dept.

Just my luck, a few years after we broke up she opened up her own business. She's doing pretty well for herself now

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Haha naw guys I'm married now. Wouldn't even attempt anything; I'm not like that. She wasn't "ugly" but I wouldn't even remember her if I saw her again. I kinda inadvertently trained myself not to. Nor could I possibly date a girl who loved mustangs and rice and thought my ride was slow. the one I got loves camaros and muscle and isn't retarded.

Figured I'd share that cause working at an auto parts store, I see and hear a lot of shit and surprisingly, not many people know crap about cars but she took it to a whole new level. I mean think what you want but don't tell me I don't know what I drive. That's ignorant.

I even have a co worker who thinks ford is the only manufacturer who rates their car's hp numbers by whp and not bhp. Swears to god the new stangs Dyno at ~420. Also told me that despite the cts-v having 556bhp, it's probably slower than the new 5.0 in the 1/4 because "it's not a track car, it's luxury and weighs a lot.". Fact is, it weighs 4.5k roughly, is luxury, and still pulls low/mid 12's . I mean seriously, tell that to a black series or the new lfa. Or an m3. And he WORKS here. I *sigh* all day long.

Navy Blue Metallic

I'm just busting balls, now if this was AAG then the rule would have been enforced

I'm sorry your co-worker is a dummy

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I dealt with a "bubble-head" once for a year. She was probably the hottest chick I've ever met in my life. Finally got tired of it and dumped her. That year was pretty nice though. One of the best girl's I've ever been with in that dept.

Just my luck, a few years after we broke up she opened up her own business. She's doing pretty well for herself now

Yeah, but just because she's doing okay now doesn't mean she will be doing so well in the future. And would you wan't to be with her just because she has a business thats doing okay? Looks and wealth fades, find someone that will make you happy.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Should of asked her, "Race for pink?"
    LMFAO! That's funny right there, i don't care who you are, that's funny right thar!

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

had a guy tell me that i should take the LM1's off of my car and put dual flowmasters because the flow better then what i have and sound LOTS better with a cam

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Yeah, but just because she's doing okay now doesn't mean she will be doing so well in the future. And would you wan't to be with her just because she has a business thats doing okay? Looks and wealth fades, find someone that will make you happy.
    She was 18 when we dated. She's 29 now. Things changed

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    She was 18 when we dated. She's 29 now. Things changed
    and still keeping track of her?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    and still keeping track of her?
    We're friends so yeah, I know what's going on with her.

2002 Trans Am WS6 M6
    2004 F-350 diesel

Shortly before I deployed, there was a late 30's early 40's guy at the gas station driving a beat to crap GTA and he told me if I was interested in selling him my 02 that he knew where there was an 06 T/A parked under a tree on a guy's property. He said I should snatch it up since 06 was the last year they made them. I seriously doubt he could have afforded to take mine off my hands in the first place...but an 06 T/A would be badass.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Had a guy I know ask if my car had a 305 in it haha. The guy is really cool and by no means dumb, just not in the know about cars had to chuckle at the question though

Navy Blue Metallic

in the elevator today from a blond "your car is really loud for a 4 cyl, can you tell me how so I can let my BF know?"

me - "umm, what? were you talking to me?"

her - yeah, it's like really loud.

me - "It would take to long for me to explain why. Just tell him it was a Trans Am, if he knows anything about cars he'll know why"

elevator - ding

me - this is my stop (wrong floor) had to get off to prevent at her

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I had someone ask if my TA was a 6 or an 8 cylinder. I told him an 8 and he goes on and says how he had a 77. Then he goes on and asks what engine is under the hood and I say a LS1 and he's like what's that. I then say it's a 346 v8. I had a hard time not laughing at him.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by EODguyJake View Post
    Shortly before I deployed, there was a late 30's early 40's guy at the gas station driving a beat to crap GTA and he told me if I was interested in selling him my 02 that he knew where there was an 06 T/A parked under a tree on a guy's property. He said I should snatch it up since 06 was the last year they made them. I seriously doubt he could have afforded to take mine off my hands in the first place...but an 06 T/A would be badass.
    I think the 2006 TA was the rare AWD 2.7L five cylinder turbo model with seven speed auto and four doors.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    I think the 2006 TA was the rare AWD 2.7L five cylinder turbo model with seven speed auto and four doors.
    Four Lambo doors

Blue
    2002-WS6

Lmfao ^

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

That was the Shelby package.

red
    2002 ws6

some kid that looked half out of it said nice ride is it a v6 or v8.. i gave it all hell and dropped the hammer. haha

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information