Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

What's the dumbest thing asked about your car?

This is a discussion on What's the dumbest thing asked about your car? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; He showed me some rims after telling him several times what I was looking for “rims from a stock c5 ...

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

He showed me some rims after telling him several times what I was looking for “rims from a stock c5 z06" that were yellow. I was like when have you ever seen a corvette that rolled off the lot with yellow rims?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Edward-T View Post
    yea mine is a bitch to drive as well, spec 3 clutch, racing flywheel and heavy duty slave cylender, my wife killed it so many times when i got it that she doesnt even want to drive it anymore, lol
    I have the Spec Stage 3+ which is a lot more aggressive and my clutch pedal feels like about stock

As far as the stupidest question - Is that stock?
    It's on jackstands.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    "Ya we gotz dem in twenty fo's dawg, wat lift you wantz on dat camero?"
    I seriously

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Quote Originally Posted by bouigha123 View Post
    He showed me some rims after telling him several times what I was looking for “rims from a stock c5 z06" that were yellow. I was like when have you ever seen a corvette that rolled off the lot with yellow rims?

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

+1 internet point for you good sir haha

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

had a guy try and tell me that i need to switch to a carb system because fuel injection hurts power when i was at the shop today

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

"Do you race it?"

Red Orange Metallic
    1998 FIREBIRD FORMULA

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFlame View Post
    Click for full size
    i dont know how many pace cars they made or if that car is a clone or special edition or something , but that car lives in my city in wisconsin...the guy actually drives it alot.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by wikked_r1 View Post
    i dont know how many pace cars they made or if that car is a clone or special edition or something , but that car lives in my city in wisconsin...the guy actually drives it alot.
    i believe there are a few of them ive seen 1 here in ok before

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Im not a fan of yellow accents but the yellow ta's look awsome for me its either gotta be all or nothing

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by bouigha123 View Post
    Im not a fan of yellow accents but the yellow ta's look awsome for me its either gotta be all or nothing
    ive never been a fan of yellow espeically not yellow and purple

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I was at a car show a month ago and I was asked why I took out the V-8 and put in a V-6. I told him this was the stock engine and he said No it was'nt because it sat back too far in the engine compartment. I then counted the runners on the intake and the coil packs for him. He agreed that it was a V-8 but not an LS1because his friend has an 01 Corvette and his engine is much bigger. I cut my losses and let the guy win before I had to knock him on his ass.
    The second one was very funny. Same car show. Father and son come walking by, look at my car, father says to his son, these models are front wheel drive and were not too popular so GM stopped making the Camaro for 8 years so they could recoupe the looses on this cars. No Shit.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

When I had my '89 T/A at the track,I was always asked if it was a turbo. Mind you, car was red, the hood was up and the engine was a 305 T.P.I. with no turbo, or ducting/intercoolers in sight.

I would occasionally beat 350 T.P.I. Camaro's and T/A's and they would ask me "what did you do to that car, put nitrous on it?", I'd answer "kept it in good shape". (My fastest time was 15.1).

With my '02 WS-6, theres been the "why didn't you buy a Mustang". The answer, " I like this car better".

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    "Do you race it?"

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Oh my god, just the thread I was looking for. Don't mind the story, and try not to punch the character in my story.

So I work at Advance and some girl around my age (19-23) had an engine light. So I go out with the OBD II and ask where I'm going. She points to the Tiburon. I notice two fart cans. So just to make conversation I'm like "so did you do that or did it come like that when you got it?" she asks what I meant. I said "the exhaust.". She says "no I did that.". I said "really...? You don't strike me as the kind of girl to like that kind of stuff.". She says "you'd be surprised. Really surprised actually. I like cars that go fast. I got a cold air intake too hehe.". So I say "huh, me too... So anyway looks like your upstream..." she cuts me off and turns around and says "see these cars are slow." I must have given her the right look because she then goes "oh is that your car?". I said yeah and she goes "well I mean they're not bad just...I don't know I like mustangs.". At this point I'm about done with her and was just like "really? Mustangs? Slow...really" like wtf. I politely told her that I'd destroy 95% of the mustangs around here and she's like "well not saleens!". I rolled my eyes and she laughs and just says "there not that fast. I mean those w6's or wx things are pretty good. They're turboed". I kid you guys not. I put down the scanner and said girl are you kidding me? No they are not. And that is a wS6.". She's like "it is not..! You don't even know what you drive." she actually said that to me. I show her. I pop the hood, show her the badge, the RPO, everything.". She's like "those are turboed! They have like 600 hp!". I said " lol you're crazy..." she then tells me to turbo my car, I say I'd rather procharge it and she just stops talking for a bit. I read her code and am just dumbfounded at this girl and as I'm walking back she goes "I didn't mean to say it's a bad car, I mean I'd probably still drive it. I might even drive it over my car (the fucking Tiburon...) and I just look and say "lady... Have a good day." and walk away. I was so.. Ugh the rest of the day.
    Last edited by Ant71130; 09-26-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    Oh my god, just the thread I was looking for. Don't mind the story, and try not to punch the character in my story.

So I work at Advance and some girl around my age (19-23) had an engine light. So I go out with the OBD II and ask where I'm going. She points to the Tiburon. I notice two fart cans. So just to make conversation I'm like "so did you do that or did it come like that when you got it?" she asks what I meant. I said "the exhaust.". She says "no I did that.". I said "really...? You don't strike me as the kind of girl to like that kind of stuff.". She says "you'd be surprised. Really surprised actually. I like cars that go fast. I got a cold air intake too hehe.". So I say "huh, me too... So anyway looks like your upstream..." she cuts me off and turns around and says "see these cars are slow." I must have given her the right look because she then goes "oh is that your car?". I said yeah and she goes "well I mean they're not bad just...I don't know I like mustangs.". At this point I'm about done with her and was just like "really? Mustangs? Slow...really" like wtf. I politely told her that I'd destroy 95% of the mustangs around here and she's like "well not saleens!". I rolled my eyes and she laughs and just says "there not that fast. I mean those w6's or wx things are pretty good. They're turboed". I kid you guys not. I put down the scanner and said girl are you kidding me? No they are not. And that is a wS6.". She's like "it is not..! You don't even know what you drive." she actually said that to me. I show her. I pop the hood, show her the badge, the RPO, everything.". She's like "those are turboed! They have like 600 hp!". I said " lol you're crazy..." she then tells me to turbo my car, I say I'd rather procharge it and she just stops talking for a bit. I read her code and am just dumbfounded at this girl and as I'm walking back she goes "I didn't mean to say it's a bad car, I mean I'd probably still drive it. I might even drive it over my car (the fucking Tiburon...) and I just look and say "lady... Have a good day." and walk away. I was so.. Ugh the rest of the day.
    Did you at least get her number? Sounds like an easy target

Pewter
    '00 SS

Baaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

LMFAO!

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Did you at least get her number? Sounds like an easy target
    Do you really want to deal with that kind of girl? If she's that clueless, who knows what else is wrong with her.

You shouldve called her Becky Bobby, with her desire to go fast and all. And wished her the best of luck with her dream with that Tiburon.
    Last edited by Whamhammer; 09-26-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Should of asked her, "Race for pink?"
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6: 427ci LS3, Built T56, Moser 9" w/ 4.11 Gearing, Full Suspension, and 6-point Cage.
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: Twincharged w/ a T67 Turbocharger
    2007 Chevrolet 3500 Dually Duramax: 3" Downpipe, Dual 4" Exhaust, EFILive Tuning

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information