Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

What's the dumbest thing asked about your car?

This is a discussion on What's the dumbest thing asked about your car? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; When i had my first t/a i always got the "is that a Firebird", I mean yea pretty close but ...

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

When i had my first t/a i always got the "is that a Firebird", I mean yea pretty close but then they would top if off with,
    "It has a v6 right." Now with the Firehawk i have had a Cobra owner come up and tell me your little vette engine doesnt stand a chance against me, and I told him that if my engine came from factory suped up he would be screwed and he laughed and said that he beat a vette the other night. I asked him what he meant he said yea Corvettes engines are super charged you "Camaro" owners got the puss engine without the super charger. I honestly said nothing and walked away. I have nothing against Camaros but really? my car looks like a camaro? LOL

Blue
    2002-WS6

i think the most common question for me is , can i drive it - and the other one is, how much HP does it have, around 190? wtf a 6.0 with heads and cam and full bolt ons and a tune making 190???? come on douche bags gain some car knowledge already!!!!

Black
    2000 WS6

A woman asked me if the wing on my WS6 moved.
    I told her sure, every time I drive it.
    She kept looking at it and couldn't figure out how it moved.
    I just walked away.... LOL

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

I got another one today while at lunch with my niece & her BF..........A couple of guys next to us - "That's just a Firebird with an aftermarket body kit. They have no balls were it counts. I beat one last weekend in my mom's accord."

I give him the Ace Ventura Look - "Oh really!!?!?!? My niece asks "Care to put up some cash on that statement? I got $100 right now."

He and his pals leave

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I had a pair of guys in a mustang yesterday pull by me and give their catback rev. I was laughing and when I got to pull by them again, gave them a lt,ory,slp loudmouth rev. Shut them up for sure. It was funny, almost gave them whiplash. Good guys for sure. Just funny to see them SNAP their heads to look at me. Then, they tried a 2nd gear run, it ended badly, as they were behind me and had their windows open. The WS6 is LOUD throttling down in second. But, to get back on thread, the only thing I had said to me was coming from the parking lady at the airport last year. "Is that the new Corvette?" Me, "no, it's an 01." "Really? Wow." Me, "I know, huh?"

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i always get people who want to drive my car and if i know them pretty well ill let them give it a shot. I have a leve 4 monster clutch and a cam so the drivability for a first timer is complete shit compared to a stock manuel car. I tell them its kinda tricky and they insist on telling me "Oh yeah i drive a stick itll be easy blah blah blah". Lol half the people complain the clutch is too hard to push and dont even try and the ones that do stall it and give up. So the stupid shit they say is "i can drive it i can drive it trust me it isnt anything" even when i explain the situation lol. Its funny

Blue
    2002-WS6

yea mine is a bitch to drive as well, spec 3 clutch, racing flywheel and heavy duty slave cylender, my wife killed it so many times when i got it that she doesnt even want to drive it anymore, lol

Black
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Edward-T View Post
    yea mine is a bitch to drive as well, spec 3 clutch, racing flywheel and heavy duty slave cylender, my wife killed it so many times when i got it that she doesnt even want to drive it anymore, lol
    And that's a good thing....lol

Blue
    2002-WS6

yep, thats what i was thinking, she asked me the other day if i "fixed" the clutch. i said no, there was no "fixing" it, LMAO!!

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

This guy at a tire place where I got my Nitto's put on had a 2010 SS and he was complimenting my car when he said "is this a special edition or something? Its hella nice!"

I just took it as a compliment

I was also taking auto classes at the local community college here so I would take my car in to get her on the lift and such and some idiot guy comes and says "this your?" then I say "yes" then he says "you should get an exhaust put on this thing, it'll really wake it up..." I didn't say anything and the people around me just laughed pretty hard...

My car has LT's, ORY, and a Borla XR-1 all done in 3 inches... doesn't sound anywhere near stock!
    Last edited by silverWS6; 09-01-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

I took mine to my neighbors garage for a new clutch. His mechanic drove it into the shop and it attracted a crowd. Once he got it in the air, and all the guys checked it out, one of the younger kids asked, "What is all this stuff?" I told my neighbor, don't let him near my f'n car!
    LS6 2.5 heads, OBX LT's, LM1, MS3 cam, 12 bolt Moser, Koni 4/4's, UMI EVERYTHING!
    My build thread:http://www.ls1.com/forums/f36/patient-ready-123827/
    My Halloween Forum http://www.hauntersnation.com

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Some kid keeps telling me i need new seats for my Camaro (why I don't know) when i have a big TRANS AM sticker in the back window. So now i just tell him i sold that Camaro and bought a Trans Am.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

What is wrong with your car? It doesn't sound good.

I was unaware that cam lope was a bad sound

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

This wasn't bad, just funny. At the show in Erie on Sat., we were parking the car when a little boy yelled out, " Look dad, it's the Batmobile!" The wife thought that was hilarious.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    This wasn't bad, just funny. At the show in Erie on Sat., we were parking the car when a little boy yelled out, " Look dad, it's the Batmobile!" The wife thought that was hilarious.
    lol when i use to have black wheels little kids would always say that to me. Its pretty amusing

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

The other night a bunch of friends had a bon fire it was dark out and this chick says is that your mustang pointing to my ws6 I just walked away

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I get that at least once per cruise. I like it. May have to get a mask!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Put a sign up that says "I'm faster then the Batmobile"

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Today I asked my local DONK rim shop if they had som c5 z06 rims for my f body and the guy asked me what a f body corvette was needless to say I left

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by bouigha123 View Post
    The other night a bunch of friends had a bon fire it was dark out and this chick says is that your mustang pointing to my ws6 I just walked away
    Slap a hoe!
    Quote Originally Posted by bouigha123 View Post
    Today I asked my local DONK rim shop if they had som c5 z06 rims for my f body and the guy asked me what a f body corvette was needless to say I left
    "Ya we gotz dem in twenty fo's dawg, wat lift you wantz on dat camero?"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information