Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

what's the difference?

This is a discussion on what's the difference? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I think some people forget that at some point in their lives, they also didn't know a thing. So while ...

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I think some people forget that at some point in their lives, they also didn't know a thing. So while you are proving how much you know and how right you are to some of us, please try to remember that you didn't always know things. I know that dealing with noobs is tedious and annoying, but I am pretty sure we were all noobs at some point. Though I will grant, that car guys are much more forgiving of noobery than gamers. The gamers I deal with are just know it all asses...

That notwithstanding, I do thank you for having some facts to back up the "an ls1 is an ls1" line. I have heard that before but nobody ever took the time to explain why... I appreciate you putting up that dyno article and these cam numbers for me/us...
    Last edited by Schmalgar; 04-15-2010 at 09:48 PM.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    For one yor talking about some cars with different engines.
    LS1 engine was built between `97-`04 installed in Vettes, F-bodies and GTO's
    Early Cadillac CTSV's have LS6's (405 HP)for a couple years then moved up to the LS2 (400 HP) before going to the LSA (556 HP 6.2 S/C) in the new car.
    G8's use the L76 (361 HP) which is basically an LS2 (6.0) shortblock with LS3 heads and intake and a much smaller cam. The GXP model runs the Vettes LS3 engine (430 HP) which is the same as M6 equipped 2010 Camaro's.
    Yes, I realized afterwards that I was thinking LSx and not merely LS1... And that was part of my confusion as I knew those vehicles have wildly different power ratings...

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    I think some people forget that at some point in their lives, they also didn't know a thing. So while you are proving how much you know and how right you are to some of us, please try to remember that you didn't always know things. I know that dealing with noobs is tedious and annoying, but I am pretty sure we were all noobs at some point. Though I will grant, that car guys are much more forgiving of noobery than gamers. The gamers I deal with are just know it all asses...

That notwithstanding, I do thank you for having some facts to back up the "an ls1 is an ls1" line. I have heard that before but nobody ever took the time to explain why... I appreciate you putting up that dyno article and these cam numbers for me/us...
    I agree
    I recieved all my LS1 knowledge over the last 12 yrs of owning this car. In fact I probably have owned mine longer then most people on any of these boards. The difference is back when I was a noob so was the LS1, So remember there's still some pioneers lurking on these boards.
    I also would rather take the time to answer the question, then make a smart ass comment and tell someone to use the search button.

I'm all about getting and giving out the best and most correct information I can because it serves our hobby better.
    And if I sounded condesending I apologize as that was not my intention.

BTW Too Fast
    Off the top of my head
    The Ram Air IV Cam was 231/240 .469/.469 (.516/.516 with 1.65 Rockers) on a 113.5 LSA Used first in the 1968 Ram Air II engine which was the first Pontiac with the round port cylinder heads. Later used on the famed Ram Air IV and then on preproduction SD 455's in 1973.

Oh yeah I'm also an old Pontiac Guru.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yes we are off topic. Anyway, I put a blue print copy of that Ram Air IV cam in my 1967 400 4-speed Firebird. I got a lot of compliments on the way it idled/sounded, people couldn't believe it was a stock grind.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Yes we are off topic. Anyway, I put a blue print copy of that Ram Air IV cam in my 1967 400 4-speed Firebird. I got a lot of compliments on the way it idled/sounded, people couldn't believe it was a stock grind.
    Maybe off topic but it's still Very Cool as I love 1st gen Birds.

black
    2002 trans am ws6

i know this a little too late but..................

ws6 package way overpriced= $3000.00
    the look on your neighbors face with the cobra as you drive down the road in a ws6= PRICELESS!!

It has a big wing!

Oh man the ol' brain is hurting with all the info... but in a good way!!

9T8W66- Great posts man.
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #530

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information