Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What's this car worth? 2002 WS6 M6 vert 875 miles

This is a discussion on What's this car worth? 2002 WS6 M6 vert 875 miles within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru I see more WS6s than i do base T/As, however i see camaros the most, ...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I see more WS6s than i do base T/As, however i see camaros the most, and more camaros were sold than T/As so if you have a camaro than you cant really talk about rare F-Bodys

he asked what its worth and im saying its NOT rare.....did i mention my car being rare? ..im not owning it to let it sit and collect dust....besides my car is also a lingenfelter 383....not to many of those around

Don't tread on me!

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

So what did you pay for it, you cant leave us in the blue we wont think badly of you no matter what you paid.

OK. I paid $27k. That falls somewhere in the middle of the amounts mentioned by everyone above, so I don't feel too bad.

My friends are giving me hell about the low mileage, saying it can't be true.

pewter

its prolly true!! there out there....did u carfax it??? shows mileage updates at every registration in that state......i know mine did..check it out.....post some pics after a nice waxing...im sure she looks sweet.....and i LOVE my pewter

Don't tread on me!

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    its prolly true!! there out there....did u carfax it??? shows mileage updates at every registration in that state......i know mine did..check it out.....post some pics after a nice waxing...im sure she looks sweet.....and i LOVE my pewter
    I carfaxed it and there was nothing to indicate a mileage rollback. This car will be my 3rd Trans Am, all pewter. Flying to Kansas City to pick her up tomorrow.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by CHD View Post
    OK. I paid $27k. That falls somewhere in the middle of the amounts mentioned by everyone above, so I don't feel too bad.

My friends are giving me hell about the low mileage, saying it can't be true.

That's not a bad buy. Congrats on getting a new WS6 five years after it was killed.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

27K, well if it still has all the factory plastic, stickers, and parts with only 875 miles, I would have to say you made one hellofa purchase. you have the comfort of knowing someone didn't rag the $hit out of it and part it out when they were done.

good purchase...

BlacK
    2001 WS6

indeed i did..there NOT rare.......i see as many as i do base TA's
    I think they be more rare than a Z06 yes?
    I'm talkin 98-2002 now.

In fifteen years, how many more will be wrecked?

With each year the number dwindles.

We have vettes for eons, no more birds sice 2002.

If I had both cars, guess which one would be my daily driver.

A guy pops up with an under 10,000 mile black WS6 in the year 2022, he'll get big bucks, a Blackbird even more, no disputing it, a guy pops up with a Z06 under 10k miles and people will yawn. NEXT!

And remember not every WS6 you see is a REAL WS6, many fakes out there, before I knew what to look for I actually bought a clone from a dealer, thank God, he took it back.

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    I think they be more rare than a Z06 yes?
    I'm talkin 98-2002 now.

In fifteen years, how many more will be wrecked?

With each year the number dwindles.

We have vettes for eons, no more birds sice 2002.

If I had both cars, guess which one would be my daily driver.

A guy pops up with an under 10,000 mile black WS6 in the year 2022, he'll get big bucks, a Blackbird even more, no disputing it, a guy pops up with a Z06 under 10k miles and people will yawn. NEXT!

And remember not every WS6 you see is a REAL WS6, many fakes out there, before I knew what to look for I actually bought a clone from a dealer, thank God, he took it back.

u really wanna buy a car and sit on it HOPING itll be worth somthing? i enjoy driving mine....amazing your a ws6 owner...big surprise..lol..there EVERYWHERE......i see notsrils in my rear view constantly...then they generaly fade back further and further ..haha .....firehawk or slp ss if u want somthing to SIT on and not drive........u want to make an investment? check out the stockmarket......i really dont wanna tie up my garage space for the next 40 yrs

BlacK
    2001 WS6

u really wanna buy a car and sit on it HOPING itll be worth somthing? i enjoy driving mine....amazing your a ws6 owner...big surprise..lol..there EVERYWHERE......i see notsrils in my rear view constantly...then they generaly fade back further and further ..haha .....firehawk or slp ss if u want somthing to SIT on and not drive...
    Oh hell, not me, I drive mine every single day. But if I were sitting on it, it wouldn't be cause I'm "HOPING" I "KNOW" it will increase in value.

I'm talking about someone who does, and what it will be worth though.

There were 29,089 WS6's produced from 98-02, rare? hell no, but then how many will be around in another fifteen years?

Half that?

There were 80,000 Chevelle Super Sports produced in 1971 alone just to give you a comparison, of which 19,992 had 454's and we know what they fetch today do we not?

Yes, the Firehawk is much more rare, not separating Formula's from T/A's there were 3,501 produced from 99'-02' more rare than that even is the 99' WS6 Anniversary edition with only 1,065 coupes and 535 verts.
    NHRA edition rare too, 892 made from 99'-02'

The collector edition only made in 02' would also have to be included as rare as only 2,390 were produced.
    Last edited by {FzS}BlacKMagicK; 08-15-2007 at 02:54 AM.

Don't tread on me!

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

I'm not going to park it and forget it, but it won't be a daily driver, either. I bought it to enjoy. I hope to limit mileage to less than 10k per year and keep her forever. As soon as my wife forgives me for the purchase (in about five years or so) I'll start considering FI, but I may decide to leave it stock.

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by CHD View Post
    I'm not going to park it and forget it, but it won't be a daily driver, either. I bought it to enjoy. I hope to limit mileage to less than 10k per year and keep her forever. As soon as my wife forgives me for the purchase (in about five years or so) I'll start considering FI, but I may decide to leave it stock.
    awsome!!!! i put about 5-6k a yr on mine since i live in the snowbelt

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    Oh hell, not me, I drive mine every single day. But if I were sitting on it, it wouldn't be cause I'm "HOPING" I "KNOW" it will increase in value.

I'm talking about someone who does, and what it will be worth though.

There were 29,089 WS6's produced from 98-02, rare? hell no, but then how many will be around in another fifteen years?

Half that?

There were 80,000 Chevelle Super Sports produced in 1971 alone just to give you a comparison, of which 19,992 had 454's and we know what they fetch today do we not?

Yes, the Firehawk is much more rare, not separating Formula's from T/A's there were 3,501 produced from 99'-02' more rare than that even is the 99' WS6 Anniversary edition with only 1,065 coupes and 535 verts.
    NHRA edition rare too, 892 made from 99'-02'

The collector edition only made in 02' would also have to be included as rare as only 2,390 were produced.

very knoledgeable...im impressed!!!...would LOVE a 99 ann ed..the color combo is gorgous..have a pic of a local one in my cell

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Who cares what is more rare or whatever, Its just when I look at a camaro next ot my T/A, it just looks so plain, sure it has smooth body lines but it just looks so boring, I like the SS hood and Spoiler i think its a good touch on those cars, still nothing compared to the look of a WS6, personally the WS6 hood is far cooler than the Firehawk

pewter

Who cares what is more rare or whatever, Its just when I look at a camaro next ot my T/A, it just looks so plain, sure it has smooth body lines but it just looks so boring, I like the SS hood and Spoiler i think its a good touch on those cars, still nothing compared to the look of a WS6, personally the WS6 hood is far cooler than the Firehawk
    youll like the camaro better most likely when u grow up kiddo...i used to like the ws6 better as well then it became LOOK at me..HERE I AM....Pull me over!!! .......they dont look so mean in my rearview either!!!

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

I cant believe you guys are arguing over which looks better. Its personal preference and clearly the owner of either car will be bias towards there. Appreciate them for what they are. Enjoy.

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 02cetransam View Post
    I cant believe you guys are arguing over which looks better. Its personal preference and clearly the owner of either car will be bias towards there. Appreciate them for what they are. Enjoy.
    lol im just givin him shit....i agree

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

i agree nothing looks hotter than the ws6 hood

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

hey i own a LS1 trans am and a SS Camaro and ill tell you the Trans am is more sexy then the camaro. it has that O SHIT look in it when the camaro has the Hey Buddy look

10's N/A

Trans Am's are rare period, and believe that in WS6 vert form, that car will be worth a whole lot 20-30 years from now. He's sitting on a gem with those amount of miles, and if he's smart, he'll sit it in the garage and be reeeeal patient.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

did this guy seriously just tell me my taste will change when i grow up, first of all dont think just cause your a redneck sister fucking ass likes the camaro better, dont tell me when i grow up what i will and wont like. I have loved the T/A since i was 14 got my first a 96 formula when i was 17. You just need to face the facts that you car doesnt have the look to match the motor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information