Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What you do when you see another T/A on the road?

This is a discussion on What you do when you see another T/A on the road? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by justinmc978 i think another thing is that southern drivers tend to wave at each other more than ...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    i think another thing is that southern drivers tend to wave at each other more than you guys up north, even if we dont have the same car, if you pass someone on a service road or a country backroad, its not uncommon to just give a polite wave, just to say hey or 'howdy' hah.
    They do that in most rural areas, when i go up to visit my grandparents in northern WI everyone waves as you go by. I think its because everyone is so bored there like theres a person wave at em.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

...yep thats what i do, then wave hysterically

Pewter
    2001 formula

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    I usually give a rev.

Having LT's and a cutout gets their attention.

I'll through a wave also. But surprisingly theres not too many other birds around here. Some that I have seen are people drivin V6's and are completely oblivious.

i do the same thing i just rev past

Pewter
    2001 formula

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    i think another thing is that southern drivers tend to wave at each other more than you guys up north, even if we dont have the same car, if you pass someone on a service road or a country backroad, its not uncommon to just give a polite wave, just to say hey or 'howdy' hah.

its true i did the same thing when i lived in texas

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I go bonkers. I don't know why, i'm driving the same damn car, but I still wave/honk/flash stare like i've never seen one before. these cars are rolling art if you ask me.

pewter
    01 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I go bonkers. I don't know why, i'm driving the same damn car, but I still wave/honk/flash stare like i've never seen one before. these cars are rolling art if you ask me.
    lol me to....I love seeing other t/a's! my girlfriend thinks its stupid because i drive the same car, but i just love t/a's. Does anybody else like to see their cars driven by other people? Every once in a while i'll let the G/F drive the t/a and i have to watch her leave everytime....i dunno maybe its just me. I do the samething with my nova..

2002 WS6

My gf and I went to the mountains and on the way back I started thinking about this because as I saw every motorcycle pass they would do a low wave. So I asked her why other groups don't do it. So I started waving at all Pontiacs. I got weird looks from Montanas, Vibes, Sunfires and Bonnevilles.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    They do that in most rural areas, when i go up to visit my grandparents in northern WI everyone waves as you go by. I think its because everyone is so bored there like theres a person wave at em.
    yeah i do live in a somewhat rural zone, and i am bored ALOT, why do you think i bought an LS1? it does help
    "If first, the race you do not win, jump back in, let's race again."

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans am ws6

ya i always wave. sometimes they follow me and talk to me haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    waves, revs, or whatever else is dumb. i had a jeep and after about 2 days of driving it i hated the jeep wave and refused to do it anymore. dont turn ls1's into something so tacky
    Exactly. We've had jeeps for years and still do,,,got so sick of the Jeep wave. I would wave back because I'm a nice guy,,,but I never initiated it. Funny though, it was big in Ohio but I don't see any Jeep waves out here in AZ,,,and I see more of them too Must be a territorial thing.

Then years back we bought a 71 vette,,,,my wife drove it to work on nice days. Her first day out she came home and said,,,"guess what,,,,there is a vette wave too"..... I said great,,,,another car that has a wave

Then there are the classic cars that wave when I'm driving one, but I have never seen a 4th gen wave at all, and we've driven them for years.
    Honestly though they just don't jump out at me in traffic much so I'm not paying much attention either.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
    lol me to....I love seeing other t/a's! my girlfriend thinks its stupid because i drive the same car, but i just love t/a's. Does anybody else like to see their cars driven by other people? Every once in a while i'll let the G/F drive the t/a and i have to watch her leave everytime....i dunno maybe its just me. I do the samething with my nova..
    i know exactly what you mean, cuz you can hear what your car sounds like and what it looks like driving by and stuff... i've only let this happen once though.

Awaiting Activation
    I agree. I was looking at my car today and even dirty its still look great. These cars are trully one of a kind. If you dont want to wave just flash your lights. I think its great idea and we should do it if you want to.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I rarely see other cars like mine around here. I can think of four. Two gorgeous WS6's and one fire engine red V-6 with a WS6 hood and cheap looking flames. I havent seen them while driving though. Im kinda glad though that I dont see many cars like mine, it makes people stare in awe.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
    OMG, i love seeing my car in motion. I watch my AX vids all the time. It looks so bad ass in motion. Ya, one time my buddy and I switched cars and hit the highway taking turns going past eachother in 3/4th gears so we could hear what the rest of traffic does. That was fuckin bad ass.

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I usually give the "V" to other F-Body's. If it's a fellow WS6, they get a thumbs up and a shit eating grin. As for the Mustangs, I like the aforementioned, but I usually give them a view of my exhaust!!!

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ok, please tell me what the "V" is? Is it just a peace sign? sign of the devil? surf's up sign?

ok, please tell me what the "V" is? Is it just a peace sign? sign of the devil? surf's up sign?
    Must be some kind of cool new hip thing, I wouldn't know

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

the actual firebird on the licence plate cover or on the vintage trans am hoods is kindof shaped like a' V' the way the wings spead at the top and the bird gets pointed at the bottom, sortof.

None

A peace sign out the window for WS6's and SS... that is what I do!

Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post
    A peace sign out the window for WS6's and SS... that is what I do!

I'm more of a classic "thumbs up" kinda guy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information