What would you do?

This guy is asking $18,900 for this car, what would you offer? The blue book value is 14k. I look forward to your opinions!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=17

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

No way would I pay that for a stock car. YOu can buy a heavely modded low milieage car for that.

Nice car yes.but I think you could do better.I bought an 01 WS6,21,000 miles,with over 10k in mods including cam,heads,mac headers,complete BMR susp,12 bolt,etc for 17,500.The car you are looking at is being sold by someone probaly not real desperate to sell.Make him an offer for book price,see where he meets you at ??

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Looks real nice!!

I would say $16,000 absolutely tops!! Start lower in your negotiations though, like at book value. If really LIKE NEW condition, then $16,000. His asking price would be OK for an '02 but not an '00. Good luck! Keep us posted. I know you have been looking quite awhile now.

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Yea, I just done a blue book for you and it said 16,775. I think thats a fairly good price. I mean that car vs. heavily modded = that car not being rode hard and heavily modded being rode hard and put up wet, if you get what im saying. If you can afford it, then you should buy it.

Is that the retail value of the car 16,775? Cause I only look up private party values and thats just a tad above 14k.

Ya I have been waiting and searching for a car for awhile now, eventually I will find one, I would rather be patient then over pay for something.

kthmc33

RED
    00 WS6

have same car in with an a4 (stock). bought it 2 years ago with 10,000 miles for 18,900 from dealer.

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ViperBite4
    Is that the retail value of the car 16,775? Cause I only look up private party values and thats just a tad above 14k.

Ya I have been waiting and searching for a car for awhile now, eventually I will find one, I would rather be patient then over pay for something.
    Yes that was retail.

Awaiting Activation
    No way would i shell out 19 big ones for that. Like it was mentioned, it doesnt seem like hes desperate to sell it. Hes prolly throwing it out on the net and waiting for replies. And are u planning on modding it. If so a red ws6, screaming down the road, is pretty much begging for a ticket. it also looks like hes missing the 2 nostrils on top of the hood???

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Too much...I wouldn't pay more then 14K for it and that's only because it has low mileage and is stock, which is a good thing.

Thanks for all the insight!

Thread Information