Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

what would be faster

This is a discussion on what would be faster within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Aetos I know it does.. What I meant to say by "Cobras are stock mustangs" is that ...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    I know it does..

What I meant to say by "Cobras are stock mustangs" is that a cobra is a mustang

I wanted a terminator when looking for my ls1 but they were out of my price range...
    I see what you meant now, I wouldn't mind owning an 03/04 Cobra either, one of the best cars Ford ever built IMO.

I want a Vette worse though, or I would be going after a Cobra

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I see what you meant now, I wouldn't mind owning an 03/04 Cobra either, one of the best cars Ford ever built IMO.

I want a Vette worse though, or I would be going after a Cobra
    I want a vette aswell but with a 2 year old i neeeeeeeddddd a back seat, so i would have to pick cobra for the next 6 years until she can ride up front lol

Navy Blue
    1999 Trans Am

Idk know about the new 5.0. It's gotta be better than this damn 4.6 they love and behold now. The thing is, Ford is all big talk before it's released. After the release, the car sold to the public isn't what everyone expected. The 14 year 4.6 modular tenure has seen major improvement but I think the new 5.0 will be a "new start" for a familiar name. That's all. I'll even go as far saying, the 2011 mustang GT will only produce 350hp/tq stock. Then they'll make Cobra in 2012 pushing 600 hp supercharged.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by navyLS1 View Post
    Idk know about the new 5.0. It's gotta be better than this damn 4.6 they love and behold now. The thing is, Ford is all big talk before it's released. After the release, the car sold to the public isn't what everyone expected. The 14 year 4.6 modular tenure has seen major improvement but I think the new 5.0 will be a "new start" for a familiar name. That's all. I'll even go as far saying, the 2011 mustang GT will only produce 350hp/tq stock. Then they'll make Cobra in 2012 pushing 600 hp supercharged.

Its gonna be a lot more than 350hp/tq, estimates are around the 400 right now, and Ford has learned from past experience not to bullshit about power figures. They do have a lot of experience with modular(14 as you say), that's why they're sticking with the modular design. The 5.0 is a bored out 4.6 modular. So, they do have a lot of experience with it. This is also the first mustang in awhile that will be tuned from the factory for premium fuel, the past models requires 87 octane.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information