what true dual cat back to get (keeping stock headers-cats)

This is a discussion on what true dual cat back to get (keeping stock headers-cats) within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; every one and there brother seems to have lts, pacesetter blah blah loud mouth this ory pipe that and cut ...

Pewter
    2k WS6 4A, 2013 Sonata

what true dual cat back to get (keeping stock headers-cats)

every one and there brother seems to have lts, pacesetter blah blah loud mouth this ory pipe that and cut my cats off today im cool kinda thing im not about all of that i recently replace my stock cats with oem style cats and now the new shiny cats make the rusty catback look even more pitiful. i dont like the ypipe set up bc its a muscle car not a 2013 2.4 l sonata (which my sonata has a stamped y) so its a personal desire to stay away from the y. i want the true dual set up but i dont want an exhaust shop to attempt it. anyone know of a brand that makes it for the 2000 trans am over axle dual?

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

KOOKS has a true dual setup. All stainless. It's very nice and kinda expensive. You get what you pay for though. I personally dont like the sound of the mufflers on it, prob just due that I like to stick with what I like to hear which is the classic flowmaster sound. I know that other mufflers flow better and make better power, but I will sacrifice power over sound.

Pewter
    2k WS6 4A, 2013 Sonata

ok thanks, i went to their website and it appears they sell "catted" cat backs wich is not going to pass a visual because it is illegal to move the catalysts from the the original location and also illegal for me to put headers etc on it from where i am and where ill be going (germany) ..i inquired with them to see if they made a design or even if i gotta pay 2 grand to get a custom legal setup lol whatevs.
    2000 ws6 trans am - FRA mod, TB Bypass, Fernco mod, ps cooler delete, magnaflow muffler, 0-40 m1 and filter..13.6@ 101.5
    2013 Hyundai Sonata 2.4l -tb bypass, custom y pipe, 2.5 in cat back, dual magnaflows w/ dual 2.5 in magnaflow tips, 18in resonator (700 dollar mistake), CAI

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I am buying their catted version but here in Virginia there really isn't a visual if you are OBD-II but if they do look it is just to see if you have cats or not. Most places moving the cats from their stock location is illegal it is just whether it is enforced or not. Bassani also sells a true dual setup that hooks up to the stock cats and manifolds. That may interest you.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Pewter
    2k WS6 4A, 2013 Sonata

Definitely will look into bassani thanks

Thread Information