Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What should my trans am run in the 1/4?

This is a discussion on What should my trans am run in the 1/4? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by BIG GUNS Without reading anyone else's posts, If you are close to stock, you should be running ...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Without reading anyone else's posts, If you are close to stock, you should be running between mit to high 13's and low 14's. Anything higher than those numbers totally stock and I'd say you either need a tune up or you need to learn how to race.

My thoughts.
    Uh, maybe for a 2.73 geared AT car it would be that slow. 3.42 geared, WS6 6-speed? Come on, should be mid 13s @ 104+ even at 110k miles. And it looks like he can launch decently, cutting 2.0-2.1x 60 ft times with street tires.

So to OP, I think you had a freak night with your 13.08 with your mods. My best so far is a 12.89 @ 109.89, with a 2.0x 60 ft. Don't know what the DA was, but the elevation here in Indy is about 775 at Raceway Park. It was a cool night then also, probably around 55 degrees. This was after my Hooker LT, ORY, lid muffler and no tune yet. I would like to get an LS6 intake, a tune, then hopefully I will run 12s on hot nights and over 110 MPH. And still get over 28 MPG highway.

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Why would the wires be dangling? I have ORY pipe and a tunes and it passes the emmisions test and I have my rear o2's pugged in. They shut off the check engine in your computer.
    what do you have your rear 02's plugged into if theres nothing there?..an offroad y-pipe doesnt come with 02 bungs.......

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Uh, maybe for a 2.73 geared AT car it would be that slow. 3.42 geared, WS6 6-speed? Come on, should be mid 13s @ 104+ even at 110k miles. And it looks like he can launch decently, cutting 2.0-2.1x 60 ft times with street tires.

So to OP, I think you had a freak night with your 13.08 with your mods. My best so far is a 12.89 @ 109.89, with a 2.0x 60 ft. Don't know what the DA was, but the elevation here in Indy is about 775 at Raceway Park. It was a cool night then also, probably around 55 degrees. This was after my Hooker LT, ORY, lid muffler and no tune yet. I would like to get an LS6 intake, a tune, then hopefully I will run 12s on hot nights and over 110 MPH. And still get over 28 MPG highway.
    I dont know I thought it was a freak night also, I dont see how I got a 2.0 my first run, but I didnt get worse than a 2.2 out of 7 runs, it just doesnt spin, I take off at 2,500rpm's and it just squats and goes....the 01 and 02 SS and WS6 always was said to have ran like 350hp but always rated at 330hp....that big guns guy already backed down from me he lives by me and like plays games with people on here, he prolly has people do his work for him.....

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    what do you have your rear 02's plugged into if theres nothing there?..an offroad y-pipe doesnt come with 02 bungs.......

Actually I looked on line and the ones I've seen don't come with O2 holes. Mine must have been added. Maybe they added them for when they tuned the car so they didn't have to keep pulling the new front O2's in and out for the wideband o2 and used the sensors to plug the holes. I know my pipe has has the o2 bungs in it, I was actually going to use one for my wideband o2 gauge I'm installing in my car.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I dont know I thought it was a freak night also, I dont see how I got a 2.0 my first run, but I didnt get worse than a 2.2 out of 7 runs, it just doesnt spin, I take off at 2,500rpm's and it just squats and goes....the 01 and 02 SS and WS6 always was said to have ran like 350hp but always rated at 330hp....that big guns guy already backed down from me he lives by me and like plays games with people on here, he prolly has people do his work for him.....
    He was just trying to give you some info on the ? you asked. No need to be rude. Your age is listed as 24, but judging by your maturity level I would guess somewhere around 15...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    He was just trying to give you some info on the ? you asked. No need to be rude. Your age is listed as 24, but judging by your maturity level I would guess somewhere around 15...

but ya might be given him a little to much credit.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Yeah, wasn't trying to be rude. Just trying to be helpful quick. Maybe I should have read your post in its entirety.

Sorry for not doing that.

Yes, I do hire out to do most of my heavy work as I don't have the time with being a single parent of 3 and holding down a full time job too. If I had the time for putting in CAMS, Cranks and upgraded valves, I would. My car is a daily driver though since I couldn't swing a beater for the winter. Maybe next fall will be different for me and I might be able to save some money on the hiring out.

No drama required from me.

GUNS

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Well, I guess that outta cover the fly by's

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

my ory had o2 holes.

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

mr bad dude

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Well, I guess that outta cover the fly by's
    I dont know what an infraction is, but quit givin them to me, just be a man, u dont have 3 kids or any of that, I work in a welding shop, and when we have problems we solve them face to face, even with our bosses, u said u went to S.I.U.E.....so how u a father of 3, your a wackoff, im not cussin at u anymore because I guess if I do I'd get an infraction, I wish the people that give that crap to me would grow up.....dude if u run 10's with a bolton camaro then try me, theres so many of u I cant keept track but i was told theres 3 of u on here that started crap....im a straight up guy, I will damage u.....cya at gateway in a couple months....whats ur BW?....hpow big biceps u got?..what u bench?...u aint got gons boy...im 24 years old...am 6'1'' 18'' biceps, 44in chest, bench press 295, oh also I fight as an amatuer fighter....so just stop dude, mustang sites dont fight like this.....

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I dont know what an infraction is, but quit givin them to me, just be a man, u dont have 3 kids or any of that, I work in a welding shop, and when we have problems we solve them face to face, even with our bosses, u said u went to S.I.U.E.....so how u a father of 3, your a wackoff, im not cussin at u anymore because I guess if I do I'd get an infraction, I wish the people that give that crap to me would grow up.....dude if u run 10's with a bolton camaro then try me, theres so many of u I cant keept track but i was told theres 3 of u on here that started crap....im a straight up guy, I will damage u.....cya at gateway in a couple months....whats ur BW?....hpow big biceps u got?..what u bench?...u aint got gons boy...im 24 years old...am 6'1'' 18'' biceps, 44in chest, bench press 295, oh also I fight as an amatuer fighter....so just stop dude, mustang sites dont fight like this.....
    I am the one that keeps giving you the infractions for your conduct. Your post above is about to get you another infraction as well. You better drop the internet tough guy shit or you won't be a member of this site any longer. When you get infractions, you should see who they came from. If you need to discuss this further, you can PM me, otherwise quit ruining threads with this nonsense.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Mods should lock this thread and ban you cause all you do is start trouble and threaten people. It's not a good idea to ask for advice then insult others. Just shows how childish you are. Go ahead and threaten me too there hercules.. Ill get a chuckle about it.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I am the one that keeps giving you the infractions for your conduct. Your post above is about to get you another infraction as well. You better drop the internet tough guy shit or you won't be a member of this site any longer. When you get infractions, you should see who they came from. If you need to discuss this further, you can PM me, otherwise quit ruining threads with this nonsense.
    Noted. Thanks Y2K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information