Red
    1999 Trans am WS7

What should i get first?

Hey, I just got my 1999 T/A about 6 hours ago and is 100% stock, and i really would like to start moding. Where should i start and i would like to get the best i can but still at a good price. Also, what are some websites that sell t/a parts. I will be getting a fuctional ram air hood, so what should i get for an intake? Thanx

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

http://www.ls1.com/forums/sponsor.php

Follow the above link and you can shop all of the site sponsors. They have lots of goodies that will make you happy

A lid will be what you want to start with first.

Congrats on your purchase as well
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Red
    1999 Trans am WS7

What lid should i get if im goin to be getting ram air? Also, how do you send people a PM?

Black
    2001 Formula

If your vehicle doesn't already have ram air I would wait. For the price of a ram air hood you could have a lot more rwhp for the same price.

Black
    2001 Formula

Look at headers, cam and bolt-ons.

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

go with a slp lid then get full exhaust, i would go with magnaflow but everybody has their preference, then after that i would do rear end gears. well that is a pretty good start. for the price of gears you will see the biggest difference.

2000 Trans Am

I got my ram air hood from www.ramairhood.com....and i bought the package that came prepainted and with the K&n filter and ram air box, I would definatley go with an slp lid, it will fit just fine under the stock hood and aftermarket ram air hood. Then like they said exhaust, and gears next. a good website to hear exhaust at is www.ls1sounds.com...and also another good website to buy things for our cars is www.ws6store.com....hope this helped.

98T/Aformula
    Dont go with the WS6store, I have had many problems with them and did some resurch and called the better business buero and come to find out they have many complaints go with one of our sponcers like thunder racing.com or lmperformance.com, the first mod just to get you warmed up would be a lid, you can put it on yourself in a matter of min and you will gain a few ponies. I went with the SLP lid but if I had a choice now I would go with a MTI clear lid, they look really bad ass and do the same as the SLP...

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula View Post
    Dont go with the WS6store, I have had many problems with them and did some resurch and called the better business buero and come to find out they have many complaints go with one of our sponcers like thunder racing.com or lmperformance.com, the first mod just to get you warmed up would be a lid, you can put it on yourself in a matter of min and you will gain a few ponies. I went with the SLP lid but if I had a choice now I would go with a MTI clear lid, they look really bad ass and do the same as the SLP...
    Wow I didn't know that thanks for the help.....

Collector Edition Yellow
    2002 Trans Am

I would suggest getting the Borla adjustable cat back exhaust. You can also pick up the electric exhaust cutout for it from Quick Time Performance. It bolts right in place of the adjustable plates that come with the Borla kit but you can adjust the performance/volume right from inside the car. Check out www.performancecenter.com for the Borla...usualy have great prices. This is the set up I have on mine and it's great.

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

learn how to drive the car first

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

do lots of research and then mod

Collector Edition Yellow
    2002 Trans Am

If you are going with the factory style WS-6 hood then do just that...get a real factory WS-6 hood. Alot of the aftermarket knock-offs are just poor quality and can have many issues down the road. Check out Ebay...they are on there quite often. If you want something different though, check out this site...http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm they have some pretty cool hoods or this one http://www.mechamperformance.com/index.html Good luck.

Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

Headers are always a great first mod. They add power everywhere. It really helps the low end torque if you get long tubes. Get an airlid also. Then get an LS6 intake. Then if thats not enough power get a cam.

both for sale!
    2006 GTO,2001 WS6

well i would have to say i just bought a 2001 ram air and this really helps me out to on what i should do, mine came with a shift kit nothing else

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

I have been dealing with http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/catalog/ now for over 2 years and not a 1 complaint on my end. They messed up 1 order so I called them, had the part next day air. Great customer service so far for me. From what I have heard on complaints, just make sure you order what YOU want the first time. And their site is easy to maneuver through, it is very customer friendly. And parts come in on average 3 days reg. shipping. Maybe I have just been lucky, but I am gonna keep on til my luck runs out...LOL.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

uhhh, M6 or Auto???

The usual firsts:
    1. lid and filter--cheap and good for a couple extra ponies
    2. cat back exhaust--good for a few ponies and sounds good
    3. Long Tube Headers with Ypipe--now you start waking up the beast inside an LS1
    4. Tune--pulls out some more power that your car is hiding and you get to get rid of all the pesky crap that doesn't matter ie. rear 02s, Air pump, EGR, skip shift eliminator (M6), etc..
    4. clutch--lol, starting to get too much power for that stock clutch if you are a M6.

Thats a descent start before going in and changing internal ie. Cam, valvetrain, Heads, Rearend/gears, suspension.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherandSons View Post
    well i would have to say i just bought a 2001 ram air and this really helps me out to on what i should do, mine came with a shift kit nothing else
    Noticed you had a 01 lightning, then 03 Mustang GT, now 04 Mach1-for sale, and now a 01 WS6. Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the world of F-Bods. Don't look back..HAHA!!!

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    uhhh, M6 or Auto???

The usual firsts:
    1. lid and filter--cheap and good for a couple extra ponies
    2. cat back exhaust--good for a few ponies and sounds good
    3. Long Tube Headers with Ypipe--now you start waking up the beast inside an LS1
    4. Tune--pulls out some more power that your car is hiding and you get to get rid of all the pesky crap that doesn't matter ie. rear 02s, Air pump, EGR, skip shift eliminator (M6), etc..
    4. clutch--lol, starting to get too much power for that stock clutch if you are a M6.

Thats a descent start before going in and changing internal ie. Cam, valvetrain, Heads, Rearend/gears, suspension.
    is it complicated taking off your emission shit, i mean does it cause yuor computer to go crazy

Thread Information