SOM
    1998 Trans Am

What should I do 1st

ok should I get 3.73 gears or get a tune up, if I get one the other will have to wait for awhile. Im kinda leaning towards tune just because Ive got PP TB, Lid, Cut out, LT headers, ORY. What do you guys say

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    ok should I get 3.73 gears or get a tune up, if I get one the other will have to wait for awhile. Im kinda leaning towards tune just because Ive got PP TB, Lid, Cut out, LT headers, ORY. What do you guys say
    TUNE all day since u put long tubes on.......should be good for 25 or so horse and your car will run the way its supposed to.....what gears do u have now? 323s or 273s? ...tune might INCREASE gas milage as well as making your car faster....gears will make gas milage slightly worse....seems like an easy choice to me

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

2.73 sadly.

pewter

ouch.....if u said 323s the decision would definitly be even easier.........i see your itch for gears......a tune is only 275 bucks here in roch though at new era.....cheaper mod than gears.much

pewter

im still more of a fan of hp vs gears.....i have a 6 speed and the stock 342s and with 400rwhp i dont even have the slightest itch for gears....hard to put the hp to the ground as it is on the street........if i were in your shoes id do the tune then gears but id go with 342s then when i had the money a cam

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

fuck it, Ill get the tune, then once I get the money for gears, I ll just get it tuned again, I dont really need gears so much right now, the guy im gonna race is a 04gt with performance gears, a tune and I THINK headers, not sure though. I should be fine with just a tune + maybe help me on gas + stiffer shift points (A4)

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    fuck it, Ill get the tune, then once I get the money for gears, I ll just get it tuned again, I dont really need gears so much right now, the guy im gonna race is a 04gt with performance gears, a tune and I THINK headers, not sure though. I should be fine with just a tune + maybe help me on gas + stiffer shift points (A4)
    should be MUCH cheaper to get your 2nd tune from the same shop......i know its that way at newera once your logged in there dyno pc...belive u only pay by the time your on it after the 1st time.....so prolly 100 bucks the 2nd 3rd etc

Black/Black
    96 Vert Z28-RIP/94 TT Z28

If you want a mod that will give you better drivability then for sure you go with the tune first. If you want the most bang for your buck performance, gears are only second to a nitrous kit as far as performance you will feel for a reasonable amount of money. When I had my engine built it was begging for gear, and I already had 3.23's. When I put my 12 bolt with 4.10's in, night and day differance and my engine was already pushing approx. 450hp at that time.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

in my opinion dont waste your time putting anything in the stock rear end. you WILL be replacing it sooner or later. so do the tune or save up and get a m9

Thread Information