Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What should I do?

This is a discussion on What should I do? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY HI jack accaepted for pics of the strano/koni set up are they the 4/4 koni? ...

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    HI jack accaepted for pics of the strano/koni set up are they the 4/4 koni?

The suspension is shot on the bird thats the problem
    mine too

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

The dohc saturn s seires you speak of did not come in a manual the single over head cam did the dual was auto only and yes the valve body on the autos is prone to failure

my ta is a m6

and no to the geo I need it to be a daily driver not a daily fixer

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    Keith,
    you need to paint the bike same color as the bird!
    More like paint the bird the same color as the bike!

Its an awesome blue, here it is in sunlight....
    Click for full size

Yeah, they're 4/4 and I love it! Huge improvement over the stock crap.

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    I've actually got a few comments here. First to Keith... The bird is lookin good. Seems like your Stranos sit a bit higher than mine. I can only fit one finger in between the tire and wheel well. I need to get the car on level ground and measure it all around. Compare with others and see where I stand.
    Thanks!

That might be the difference in the shocks? I dunno. I'll have to take measurements from the ground to the wheel wells for you to compare.

On a side note, Ill be looking for a DD once I finish school so I'm taking notes here!

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

i drive my ta 3 hours a day on the highway, to and from work. i am keeping mine, and i may get another to just cruise around in, once you go ws6, everything else sucks dickx

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

that is the type of feed back I am looking for

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

The dohc saturn s seires you speak of did not come in a manual the single over head cam did the dual was auto only and yes the valve body on the autos is prone to failure

my ta is a m6

and no to the geo I need it to be a daily driver not a daily fixer

Tsk tsk Jerzy!!! I am the proud owner of a 1997 SC2 with the 5spd manual. There were two different 5spds the only diff being the gear ratios. The SOHC had the MP2 wide ratio and the DOHC had the MP3 close ratio. I can't access my facebook from work otherwise I'd show you my perty lil engine bay with the composite valve cover DOHC 1.9 my car is fully loaded except for traction control. I have leather interior, premium sound, sunroof, power windows and mirrors, everything. The previous onwer garaged it for the car's whole life. As a result it never needed anything changed and only had 36k miles when I bought it last year. I even have the original brochure and window sticker.

Since owning it I've installed a strut tower bar, KYB GR-2 struts, AEM short ram intake, Magnecor wires and Denso Iridium plugs. I also got Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole position tires. The car drives, as I stated, like a go kart. The intake gave it a nice growl for a 4 banger also. I love driving my Satty. It's the perfect DD to complement my Hawk.

I offer these pics, pulled from an ebay add as proof since my pics are unavailable to me at the moment. These are from a 2002 SC2

Note the manual transmission:

Note the twin cam designation on the engine:

link to the ad:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...ht_5341wt_1165

I'm not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to enlighten a misconception.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

no need for the tsk tsk you are correct I did not remeber what the techs I used to work with said correctly (I worked for a chevy/saturn dealer for 5 years) I gave one a call and what I was told was the dohc motor kills the 5 speed trans if you get a manual get the sohc dont get the auto do to the valve body

I give the s cars credit for what they are but I wouldn't be proud to drive one thats like being proud of a civic

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

The suspension is shot on the bird thats the problem
    What else needs work? I just ordered a set of KONI's. Got a pretty fair deal on them from Gravana.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

no need for the tsk tsk you are correct I did not remeber what the techs I used to work with said correctly (I worked for a chevy/saturn dealer for 5 years) I gave one a call and what I was told was the dohc motor kills the 5 speed trans if you get a manual get the sohc dont get the auto do to the valve body

I give the s cars credit for what they are but I wouldn't be proud to drive one thats like being proud of a civic
    The best DD car I ever had was a ford Probe GT 1996 model (just dont get the auto trans) it gets about 30-33 MPG, and I put over 100,000 miles on mine and the only thing I ever replaced was the 0-2 sensors. The car had 274,000 miles on it when I got rid of it. That sucks that you drive that far every day.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

I cliped a curb about 20k ago and now everything is shot I need new controll arms,tie rods, shocks,springs, at a min two tires, alighnment, no point in doing the suspention with out doing the clutch as it is do for that too, if Im doing shocks and springs I am going to upgrade the sway bars and I cant do all of this in time on my back in my garage so I am going to have to pay for the work I am not looking forward to that as I do all my own repairs and reg up keep if only I still had access to a lift

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

pssshhhh you CAN do all that on your back in a garage... I'm living proof!!! If you had all the parts then doing upper and lower control arms shocks springs tie rods and sway bars would be one fun filled afternoon. And yes I am speaking for the front and rear. I did my shocks springs endlinks and tie rod ends in a few hours less than a month ago. Of course being in Jersey you could always ask for a hand... heck if the car is driveable i'd say bring all the stuff to me since I have a pretty large assortment of tools.
    Magnaflow cat back, adj KYB's, 3 point SFC's, STB, LCA reloc, adj LCA's, SLP lid, Fernco bellows, Strano Springs, Drag Bags, Tick adj Master cylinder, Monster stage3 clutch, speed bleeder, Billet flywheel, MGW shifter, !CAGS

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I cliped a curb about 20k ago and now everything is shot I need new controll arms,tie rods, shocks,springs, at a min two tires, alighnment, no point in doing the suspention with out doing the clutch as it is do for that too, if Im doing shocks and springs I am going to upgrade the sway bars and I cant do all of this in time on my back in my garage so I am going to have to pay for the work I am not looking forward to that as I do all my own repairs and reg up keep if only I still had access to a lift
    Yeah... That def sucks. How many miles on your car? I used to do all my own work, now I am lazy and pay to have it done because I can.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Thanks for the offer LSCyaL8R but I will either drop it off at the dealer I used to work for or do the work myself I know the techs there we drink beer together and I worked side by side with them so you know.

wooddaniel I have 77k pushing 78k

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

well my ws6 is do for some work to the tune of aroud 4 grand now with winter on the way should I put that money into fixing the ta or should I put the cash into getting an new econo crap car?

I drive about 100 miles a day and I kind of need to get 33 miles to the gallon so I am leaning on the new car but that means putting the ta in the garage and letting her sit for a wile maybe even a year

I'd put the money a "new" beater and save for the T/A.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

yeah I just got a 2010 elantra had it two weeks some stupid beach drove into the back end when I was stoped at a red light

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Work on the T/A.... To hell with eco

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

yeah I just got a 2010 elantra had it two weeks some stupid beach drove into the back end when I was stoped at a red light
    Damn! That sucks! Women drivers....and mine wonders why she can't drive the T/A. At least not without me in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information