black
    2002 ram air 6sp

what mods were best for you

what are the specs on your cam? where does it make the most power? is she a dd? do you have heads and exhaust yet and if no to any of these what do you plan for your car cam head and exhaust wise. if anyone has track times stock and then with the add ons to show improvement post em up thanks for all info

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

A4 with stock heads, cam and intake. Running with a lid, SFC's and a Magnaflow Catback our car turned a best of 13.395 on street tires. Since then, additional mods have been added (see sig), but not able to get to the track yet.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

248/254 629/622 113
    Just a baby.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Eagle ESP forged steel crank balanced, Eagle ESP pin fit 4340 h-beam connecting rods, Keith Black dome pistons, TPIS custom ground cam (216/220 duration at .050; 326/330 lobe lift; .555/.561 gross valve lift; 116 degrees lobe separation), Dart Pro 1 custom aluminum heads, Weiand custom intake, SLP air box - engine dyno tuned and setup for speed density at Hutter Racing Engines, QTP full length headers to 3" Borla exhaust, RAM powergrip clutch with Fidanza billet aluminum flywheel, custom Carbon-Fiber driveshaft by Custom Clutch, Hotchkis and Global West suspension stuff all around, Detroit Trutrac diff. with Richmond 4.10 gears, Stage 3 t56 tranny, and other stuff that I cant remember. Still not enough!!

Car ran about 13.5 stock and now runs 11.8 in the 1/4 mile. Cam makes power everywhere it seems. Hard to tell... as I did the engine build all at the same time.

Black
    1999 Formula

228/228, makes some good mid to high range power, 360 hp and 360 tq to the wheels, pacesetter LTs, ORY, SLP exhaust, no cats. Its my DD

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    248/254 629/622 113
    Just a baby.
    yea some baby you dating a sumo wrestler
    how nasty does this cam sound and where does the power kick in
    ps you got some of the nicest pics periode...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by stormkarma View Post
    yea some baby you dating a sumo wrestler
    how nasty does this cam sound and where does the power kick in
    ps you got some of the nicest pics periode...
    Thanks.
    Cam is in a 402. Really puts your ass in the chair at 4200....but does pull nice from lower RPM's as well.
    Search 'MrLuos402' on youtube for vids.

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Eagle ESP forged steel crank balanced, Eagle ESP pin fit 4340 h-beam connecting rods, Keith Black dome pistons, TPIS custom ground cam (216/220 duration at .050; 326/330 lobe lift; .555/.561 gross valve lift; 116 degrees lobe separation), Dart Pro 1 custom aluminum heads, Weiand custom intake, SLP air box - engine dyno tuned and setup for speed density at Hutter Racing Engines, QTP full length headers to 3" Borla exhaust, RAM powergrip clutch with Fidanza billet aluminum flywheel, custom Carbon-Fiber driveshaft by Custom Clutch, Hotchkis and Global West suspension stuff all around, Detroit Trutrac diff. with Richmond 4.10 gears, Stage 3 t56 tranny, and other stuff that I cant remember. Still not enough!!

Car ran about 13.5 stock and now runs 11.8 in the 1/4 mile. Cam makes power everywhere it seems. Hard to tell... as I did the engine build all at the same time.

damnit i hate you right now can we switch cars or maybe you could float me some parts money

what the difference in the loab seperations 112 verses your 116

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by stormkarma View Post
    damnit i hate you right now can we switch cars or maybe you could float me some parts money

what the difference in the loab seperations 112 verses your 116

Don't hate man... and you'll have to talk to my wife about the money... good luck with that!

Lobe separation is the distance (in camshaft degrees) that the intake and exhaust lobe centerlines (for a given cylinder) are spread apart.This separation determines where peak torque will occur within the engine's power range. Tight lobe separations (such as 106) cause the peak torque to build early in basic RPM range of the cam. The torque will be concentrated, build quickly and peak out. Broader lobe separations (such as 116) allow the torque to be spread over a broader portion of the basic RPM range and shows better power through the upper RPM. Really it all boils down to what exactly you are going to do with your car. There are so many factors that play into making a car run optimally, (ie... suspensions, transmissions, exhausts, rear end gearings, ect.) you've really have to have an exact plan and then do a lot of research to get your car where you want it, without tearing things apart a bunch of times to get it right.
    Last edited by Knight; 03-27-2010 at 05:53 PM.

black
    2002 ram air 6sp

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post

Don't hate man... and you'll have to talk to my wife about the money... good luck with that!

you've really have to have an exact plan and then do a lot of research to get your car where you want it, without tearing things apart a bunch of times to get it right.

i want a car that i can drive to the track not interested in cutting corners. would love to pass emissions even if just borderline. power to kick in around 2500-6000 or so and want the cam to wake the dead with a choppy lope. a 383 to 408 stroker na. afr 205's maybe with fast intake. i would like a suspension to corner and handle better than a drag setup tho. i realize i need the mosier 12. what would you change and most important ur ideas on a cam for these thoughts

Thread Information