Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What makes a ws6 a ws6???

This is a discussion on What makes a ws6 a ws6??? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 You're just jealous. haha nah im just askin q's but damn that ws6 hood looks sexy ...

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 View Post
    You're just jealous.
    haha nah im just askin q's but damn that ws6 hood looks sexy ass fuck

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

ill agree i do think the hood is sexy as fuck, so i say get one and call YOUR car whatever you want just be able to accept the fact that you are going to get shit from certain people.

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    sexy ass fuck
    You like what!?!?!?!?!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Watch the language guys. In the tech forums we try to keep the cursing down.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

White
    2000 Trans Am

I honestly like the Firehawk hood over the WS6 hood any day. But, you also don't see me putting a Firehawk hood on my WS6 now do you. Make your car what you want, but don't make it look like something it aint. That to me is like making your v6 mustang look like a cobra and your v6 firebird look like a WS6...... Hell the only way you can tell my car is a true WS6 is by the hood and the rpo code. Already changed the wheels and the suspension.

Jimmy

For one
    Looking

Haha I wouldn't rebadge the thing. Heck if I'm changing everything out it just makes sense to not spend the money on the high end model. 5-6k can get me a lot of upgrades haha...

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I'm perfectly happy with my baseline Trans Am. The standard hood looks pretty damn good in black. Any other color and I'd say a raptor hood would look better. Thought about changing the hood out on my baseline T/A but, now I like the flat hood better.

I would have liked to find a good WS6 in my price range but, found this 2000 baseline T/A with 30,500 miles for $13,900.00 which in my book was a damn good price.

The good news is that whether you have a baseline T/A, Firebird, or WS6, there are plenty of options to choose from which will make it somewhat unique in your neck of the woods.

Consider some different rims and/or a Wings West fairing package. Or, just trade it in for a WS6 if you can find one in your price range.

Take care,

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

The biggest difference isn't the hood, it isn't the suspension, or the badge. It is when you watch Barrett Jackon's Auction in 30 years. And you see a WS6 go for 10-20 grand more than a BASELINE TransAM. That is the biggest difference, But then again, who of us is actually going to store, and restore and keep it stock. Not many of us.

If I had the entry level TA I too would want that Hood, it is dang Sexy.

Disclaimer - I love an LS1 no matter what it is, But there is a difference in the Z28 and SS, and a TA and WS6, and ofcourse the most elite the Firehawk and as each year goes by it becomes a larger and larger $$$ difference.

Just like the Collectors Edition will hold more value than a non- Collectors addition, these are just facts.

Sure they all have practically the exact same 1/4 mile times, but there is Just something about having that WS6 package on my car that makes me smile just a bit more, than if I had a base model Trans AM.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

My ex only put the WS6 hood and emblems on her car and it was never questioned by any of the people with real WS6 cars. Most people were just happy to see another person to hang out at the local car meets. I think if people are going to judgmental toward other people for wanting to better their car you shouldn't be wasting your time with them anyway. I only have my Camaro SS SLP car by chance, I was looking at the local chevy dealer and I ask for a Z28 and they showed me the SS but even if it wasn't a SS I would have made it look like one.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 View Post
    Doesn't the WS6 come with 3.42 gears?

Don't forget the WS6 rear hatch and spoiler if you're going for "the look".
    Quote Originally Posted by acrylicophobia View Post
    WS6 rear hatch and spoiler? I thought it has the Trans Am spoiler.

And I also thought it was 3.23 gears with an auto, 3.42 gears with a manual (on all LS1 firebird).
    it depends on year etc.. im 02 m6 and mine is 3.73

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 00ssSLP View Post
    My ex only put the WS6 hood and emblems on her car and it was never questioned by any of the people with real WS6 cars. Most people were just happy to see another person to hang out at the local car meets. I think if people are going to judgmental toward other people for wanting to better their car you shouldn't be wasting your time with them anyway. I only have my Camaro SS SLP car by chance, I was looking at the local chevy dealer and I ask for a Z28 and they showed me the SS but even if it wasn't a SS I would have made it look like one.
    i agree with you on the making your car better etc... but putting the badge on it is just trying to be something your not, like all the domestic car drivers make fun of ricers for putting type R on everything.. kind of the same thing to an extent, not trying to bash on her or n e thing just my opinion

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i agree with you on the making your car better etc... but putting the badge on it is just trying to be something your not, like all the domestic car drivers make fun of ricers for putting type R on everything.. kind of the same thing to an extent, not trying to bash on her or n e thing just my opinion
    Feel free to bash she is my ex, but if you notice there is a place for everyone even the ricers that have Type R on everything, they still get together and hang out with other ricers that have Type R on everything. All I'm saying is I'm one of those guys that will hang out and not judge, he drives a LS1 and thatís good enough for me. Besides if they didn't want people to put those hoods and emblems on T/A's SLP wouldn't be making re-pops.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

There is no place for a woman in my life anymore since I found my T/A.....lol. Who says you can't make love to a car?.......LMFAO. That LS1 never has a head ache.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    There is no place for a woman in my life anymore since I found my T/A.....lol. Who says you can't make love to a car?.......LMFAO. That LS1 never has a head ache.
    lol

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post

Black
    2001 Firehawk

Firehawk

Hey go all the way, add Firehawk decals with your WS6 hood. I saw one on Ebay the other day and he said his was faster than a real Firehawk. What ever.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Do what ya want I think this whole thread is GHEY!

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

regardless of wether you have a trans am or ws6 you are going to change things up in your car anyways! ima make my car HOT! though. and best believe ima be whooping on fords and ricers all day with my trans am and ws6 and camaros boys. its the love for the car baby!! LS1 all day baby. forget everthing else <---- my boy getting down

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    it depends on year etc.. im 02 m6 and mine is 3.73
    I PM'd you, but I thought i would ask in this forum too, How can you tell what gears you have, I thought all 02 WS6 M6 was 3.42

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    regardless of wether you have a trans am or ws6 you are going to change things up in your car anyways! ima make my car HOT! though. and best believe ima be whooping on fords and ricers all day with my trans am and ws6 and camaros boys. its the love for the car baby!! LS1 all day baby. forget everthing else <---- my boy getting down
    +1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information