Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000 Trans Am

What made you want it?

I want to know everyone's reason for buying their car. I'll be honest with you I had no idea about the performance of the car, never knew they had an ls1 engine, never knew how much horsepower, I knew nothing when my parents bought my car. I just told them that one looks cool, and from there on I have always loved these cars!!! So let me hear some of your stories on why you bought your car or what influenced you!!!
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea me neither, when I bought my first camaro (I was still in my import stage) didn't have any idea, I found my camaro thought it was nice, great deal on it had t-tops sexy color and I thought it was like the imports not much of a big difference between 4 cylinder to V6 so i thought the same V6 camaro to V8 so I bought it, had no idea what LS1 was, makes me wish i didnt buy it looked for a V8.

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

i went from a 96 V6 firebird to a 98 Z28 because of the mighty LS1.

and then to a 99SS with 400rwhp....

and then a 2002 Z06.... all for the same reason....

sexier car, more power, faster.... etc.

im not sure what is next.
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

My uncle has 72 Trans Am always loved going to shows with him. So when i finally got the money i bought myself a 01 firebird, loved the lines of the car and everything and i kept telling myself as soon as my insurance goes down enough i was buying a 02 Trans Am WS6. Two years later and a considerable drop in my insurance i went out and got myself one and now my uncle is the jealouse one since he cant afford to get newer one.

Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

When i was 18/19 my dad was given a 1995 Trans am, forrest green with white convertable top for his 20 years of working at his company(cool boss huh?). My dad didnt drive the car much due to how low it sat and it hurt his back getting into a car that low all the time. So he let me drive the car when i pleased. From the moment i sat in the seat for the first time it was like love at first drive. From that moment on, i knew i would own one some day. I almost had his but my brother wrecked it while he was on drugs, so we lost that car. But only a few years later i was able to finnally afford one of my own. Before my dad had his car, i was a mustang guy, due to my brother in law,thats what he loved and i was always around him so i ended up loving those cars, but the second i drove that T/A i found my new love.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

My aunt had a 79 T/A, then i got a 96 formula and now the 2000T/A. I have always loved goin fast, remember if you not first your last

Bright Silver Metallic
    02 T/A WS6

Before I got into the car seen i remember seeing a new WS6 in highschool. I was pretty jelous, due to the kid being 16 with a brand new car. As I graduated got older and got into cars more I've since then bought 2 WS6's with the second I currently have. I'll keep this car for the rest of my life.
    http://www.fquick.com/pipelayaz
    02' Trans Am WS6 M6 TTops Bright Silver Metallic
    02' Trans Am WS6 M6 TTops Navy Blue Metallic - SOLD

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Talking Who's laughing now

When I was a freshman in highschool I use to get picked up by my friends mom and him in their car. Well one day my friends mom got sick and she had to get my friends brother to take us to school one day. Well not having a clue what he drove he pulled up in the driveway in a 01 Black WS6. From the moment I fell in love with it and told my dad i wanted one and he laughed and my face and said they were to expensive. So i wound up by my grandmamas old mustang convertable 5.0 standard black. But still inside I wanted a WS6. So time passed and During the beginning of my Junior year in highschool and girl ran a stop sign and wrecked my mustang. After searching nine months for a car I finally found a WS6 in my prive range and bought it. It is sitting in the driveway right now and I coudnt be happier. To think my dad laughed in my face and said i woudnt get one and now I am driving a 2000 WS6 M6 Black.

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

had a hard on for cts-v's since i was in highschool and goin to the LAMP program for General motors at the cadillac plant in lansing.. (both my parents work there, fyi) we were always out in the plant doin projects and what not and i was alwasy runnin up and down the line spying for the occasional V to go down the line... so i got outa school and into gm and one day decided i wanted a fast car to keep me off my crotch rocket casue i was bound to get hurt really bad on it for as much time as i was spending on it... flippin through the michigan auto and rv i spied my car i have now... got outa work test drove it fell in love and later that day after goin ot the bank i was driving it home.... it had everythgin done to it that i would have ended up payin big moeny to have done and it had less that 69k miles on it... i sold my self short of a cts-v but mark my word ill have one within 4 years.............

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

This is my first car, and I noticed, brothers first car was an older taurus, mom's was a chevette, dad's was a t-bird boat. I wanted to be able to look back and say my first car was a trans am ws6. That and I could not bring myself to buy anything with more than two doors and trucks are for rednecks.

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

i drove a lowered tahoe limited for about the last 4 years. was getting tired of everyone thinking it was a black guys ride. my dad got terminal cancer about 2 years ago and finally got his dream car (67 GTO) but he didnt get to enyoy it that much since he was so sick. he passed away 6/3/07. i decided to get my dream car while i could enjoy unlike him. so on 6/22/07 i picked up my mint condition 99 WS6. havent missed my truck once. although i did get my first speeding ticket since i was 16 today. gotta love red cars with a ram air hood. at least the state trooper liked it.

Red
    2002 TA WS6

i drove a lowered tahoe limited for about the last 4 years. was getting tired of everyone thinking it was a black guys ride. my dad got terminal cancer about 2 years ago and finally got his dream car (67 GTO) but he didnt get to enyoy it that much since he was so sick. he passed away 6/3/07.
    So sorry to hear about your dad.... My dad is my best friend, and he was my influence in learning about performance cars. I was raised with Jags, Lotus's, and other exotic cars, and always thought foreign cars were better before I started driving. When I was finally old enough (back in 74') I ended up buying a 67' Barracuda because it was all that I could afford. It began my love affair with American muscle cars. I have had many dozens of cars, mostly big block Mopars, but also quite a few Firebirds and Camaros. When I first saw the 98' WS6 I simply knew it was the best looking muscle car ever made, but could only afford a 99' Trans Am at the time. I now own one of my dream cars, a 2002 WS6. I plan to keep it even if I eventually get a newer Z06 Vette.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Im glad most of yall upgraded in cars as time pass, i hope to get a Firehawk someday. Im driving a Firebird right now, so wish me luck guys. Im going to work my butt off for that Firehawk.

black
    2002 WS6

I always hada thing for the Birds so when the opprtunity to get one came up I jumped on it ans now the happy owner of a 2002 WS6, PLus theya re one of the few newer Rear wheel drives left inthe world that are affordable.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

well i had been broughtup around f-bodies. between my mom and dad they had 4 camaros-'67 , '68 , '69 , and an '81 Z. my aunt has a 3rd gen formula. and then we got a '78 parts car. then my dad went to the dealership and had to order a 2002 SOM Z m6 hardtop. it was nice we loved cruising in it and showing it off. then we aquired another '81 Z with t-tops and had a small block 400 put in it. it ran and we got it for 500 bones so when i had a steady job at the ripe old age of 17 my parents cosigned for me to get my '02 Z NBM. so now between my mom, my bro 02sunsetorangeZ, and me we have 8 maros. i love driving my car everyday im so glad i got it

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    PLus theya re one of the few newer Rear wheel drives left inthe world that are affordable.
    True bad sadly that doesnt effect everyone. There was a ricer once that told me his eclipse had RWD and he goes drifting in it all the time and told me my camaro had FWD that wasnt even good enough to make donuts. Who would of guessed?

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Well, for me the desire to own a T/A started when I was about 8 years old. A friend of my dad had one in black, Bandit style. I loved it then, and I always wanted one.

Then, at the 1999 Canadian International Auto Show, I discovered the Firehawk in Black. I didn't know what it was, but I was astounded by it.

Roll forward to a couple of months before my 25th birthday back in 2001. I test drove a WS6 T/A and considering I pulled up in my 1999 Pontiac Sunfire, I was pretty impressed with the 325HP car!

I went home and talked to my parents, as my mother is my insurance broker, and my father is my connection to get cars pretty much at cost, to get the approval. I was curious about this mysterious bird called the Firehawk, so I did some searching on the Internet and discovered its roots.

I booked my 25th birthday off work to go and order my car. It just so happened that I took a wander through the downstairs showroom at my local dealer, and found that they had a Navy Blue Metallic Firehawk sitting there. It took some coaxing, but I managed to get it out for a test drive...I noticed a difference in the traction this car had over the WS6, and I really liked it.

I had all the details I needed to inform the dealer of what I wanted, and proceeded to order the car. Then, during the winter months, I constantly tried to track the car. Eventually, I found out it was built by the St. Therese plant on March 28, 2002. It was then sent to SLP for the Firehawk package upgrade. They put the car on hold as there was a problem with the Firehawk rims coming from the rim manufacturer as the chrome plating was defective and a massive shortage ensued.

Once the backlog was filled, my car was shipped and it showed up at my dealer on May 27, 2002. I received a call from a good buddy of mine, he spotted it on the delivery truck at another dealership and talked to the driver. He told the driver he knew the owner of the Firehawk and called me right then. I couldn't wait. I went up and got some pictures in the same downstairs showroom at the dealership, she was still in the delivery wrapping.

I went back the next day, May 28, 2002, after all the PDI stuff was done and picked her up. I brought along another good friend of mine, and we got lots of pics of the delivery to me. I fell in love with it immediately. I plan to keep it forever. I will never have another car that is as much fun to drive as this!

silver
    1999 trans am

i always drive too fast and when i told my girlfriend i never had a speeding ticket she said it was because the cops don't pull over "old fogey cars". it was a '97 lumina. we were beside a car lot at the time and they had my t/a on a display rack for $20'900.00. i went in on the spot and offered 18,500. they said no and when my g.f got done with them i drove it out for $17,900.00.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

this is my 4th camaro, but had been a while since owning one. had no idea what the ls1 engine was or how fast. to be honest went to the car lot to test drive it only to get a free $50 gift card.

they pulled it around front it was really dirty cause of 3 days of rain and its black. i thought looks pretty good. the salesman let me take it alone. I got on a 4 lane highway and dropped the hammer. OMG the stock SS put me back in the seat. it was love at first kick lol. had to have it. been a year now best and fastest car I have ever owned

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by redfiress08 View Post
    When I was a freshman in highschool I use to get picked up by my friends mom and him in their car. Well one day my friends mom got sick and she had to get my friends brother to take us to school one day. Well not having a clue what he drove he pulled up in the driveway in a 01 Black WS6. From the moment I fell in love with it and told my dad i wanted one and he laughed and my face and said they were to expensive. So i wound up by my grandmamas old mustang convertable 5.0 standard black. But still inside I wanted a WS6. So time passed and During the beginning of my Junior year in highschool and girl ran a stop sign and wrecked my mustang. After searching nine months for a car I finally found a WS6 in my prive range and bought it. It is sitting in the driveway right now and I coudnt be happier. To think my dad laughed in my face and said i woudnt get one and now I am driving a 2000 WS6 M6 Black.
    haha man that is freakin awesome

Thread Information