Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

what to look out for

ok a dealership here in town has a 2000 pewter ws6 with 33,000 mi on it
    heres a link http://www.rosecitymotors.com/ftwayn...fv22g6y2175238

my question is what are some things to look out for on this year of bird. along with that is there any reason i should really be looking for a 01 or 02 other than an ls6 intake or should i not even worry about it, i had an 01 z28 m6 and loved it but had to get rid of it so hopefully this bird will be my return to the happy place of ls1 ownership

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

also can anyone look up the vin to look at the options that were on the car or anything like that instead of having to go to a gm dealership? heres the vin
    VIN: 2G2FV22G6Y2175238

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

PM sent with Carfax. Doesn't give options though, just history.

Chris

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    PM sent with Carfax. Doesn't give options though, just history.

Chris
    got your pm and pm'd you back, thanks again

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Things to check for, im just going to list things that commonly go wrong...

Headlight motors, make sure no noise and they go all the way up,

Look for doorpanel cracks, easily fixed if it hasn't happended yet,

Window motors, they get reeeeaaallly slow...

look at the t-tops for more gap on one side than the other, may show a shifted frame, esp if no SFC were installed,

Thats all thats coming to me now...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Things to check for, im just going to list things that commonly go wrong...

Headlight motors, make sure no noise and they go all the way up,

Look for doorpanel cracks, easily fixed if it hasn't happended yet,

Window motors, they get reeeeaaallly slow...

look at the t-tops for more gap on one side than the other, may show a shifted frame, esp if no SFC were installed,

Thats all thats coming to me now...
    Hey thanks man, never thought to look at the t-top for gap space, i checked the deck lid and hood when i stoped by after hours tonight but i'll have to check yhe tops as well.
    yeah my z's windows were slow as hell so i know all about that
    as i looks to me the car is pretty stock and the car fax looks like one owner so hopefully its clean under the hood and everything

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

He he, rose city motors... that guys commercials bug me, but not as bad as Sundance!

Make sure it's a WS6. Someone on here had access to the GM VIN info system. That'll tell you for sure. But you can look at the option stick either on the driver door or in the glove box. Should see WS6 in there.

Are those 17" wheels? couldn't tell. Should be for a WS6. Original tires?

Get under the rear of the car behind the rear tires. Look inside the wheel well, and corners of the rear bumper for rubber. Ya never know if the owner loved smokin the tires. May give you some indication of use. Most places don't think to clean there. Check wear on clutch and brake pedals too.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by 666ws6 View Post
    He he, rose city motors... that guys commercials bug me, but not as bad as Sundance!

Make sure it's a WS6. Someone on here had access to the GM VIN info system. That'll tell you for sure. But you can look at the option stick either on the driver door or in the glove box. Should see WS6 in there.

Are those 17" wheels? couldn't tell. Should be for a WS6. Original tires?

Get under the rear of the car behind the rear tires. Look inside the wheel well, and corners of the rear bumper for rubber. Ya never know if the owner loved smokin the tires. May give you some indication of use. Most places don't think to clean there. Check wear on clutch and brake pedals too.
    yeah they play that same tv spot down here and it kind of bugs me to, thats why i want to check this car out very carefully, thanks for your help

Black
    1999 Formula

CHECK THAT THE CD PLAYER WORKS!! NOT JUST THE RADIO< THE CD PLAYER TO, i assumed that mine worked when i bought it n sure enough when i put my first cd in it didnt, i was pissed

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    Hey thanks man, never thought to look at the t-top for gap space, i checked the deck lid and hood when i stoped by after hours tonight but i'll have to check yhe tops as well.
    yeah my z's windows were slow as hell so i know all about that
    as i looks to me the car is pretty stock and the car fax looks like one owner so hopefully its clean under the hood and everything
    Happened to me thats how i noticed it... everything still fits and no leaks, but its not even.....

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Look out for that shifter knob. Change it! That ones dumb. Get a OEM style replacement.

Junior Member 2002WS6TransAmT56's Avatar

Black
    2009 CHallenger RT Six Sp

Looks like a real WS6 other than the stock Trans Am 16 inch rims, someone probably wanted to keep the stock 17" rims and stuck the 16's on to trade it in.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by 2002WS6TransAmT56 View Post
    Looks like a real WS6 other than the stock Trans Am 16 inch rims, someone probably wanted to keep the stock 17" rims and stuck the 16's on to trade it in.
    they are 17's, i know they look small in the pics but they look normal in person

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

went and talk to the dealership about it and the guy told my 18,900 for it, thats a little out of my price range, the guy said he could come down but didn't say how much

I work with a dude who has a 00 WS6 just like this one same color and everything but his is an A4. This past summer he got into his car to go to work and just after he closed his door he heard a "snap" sound he looked up and saw he had a long crack in his dash running from the windshield to the front of the dash. Dont know what caused it but, we speculate if was caused by heat exposure. Were in Indiana like you so I dont have to tellyou hot ungodly humid and muggy it gets here. As for the price tell those bastards to go pound sand. My friend payed $5500 for his WS6 and all it needed was tires when he got it and he's had no other issues with in 2 years. I realize thats a super steal but for $18,500 Reeve Buick/Pontiac in Greenwood IN had an 02 WS6 T/A White A4 w/about 38k miles and on autotrader.com there was an 01 Formula M6 for 10,500 w/ about 100k miles on the North side of Indpls. Im not sure if either is still available but its worth looking in to, for a 2000 I'd say cut that price almost in half.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

I bought the same exact car last summer with 25k miles on it and I paid $16,500 for it. I found it on autotrader.com

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by WS-6 View Post
    I bought the same exact car last summer with 25k miles on it and I paid $16,500 for it. I found it on autotrader.com
    yeah i'm still looking for a good deal, hopefully the price starts droping the colder it gets, then the price for my truck should come up a little as well haha

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

always go at the end of the month, they have more incentive to get rid of cars to bring in the new ones etc. Also ask yourself if your going to keep her stock or your going to mod. Most of us mod our cars and if you spend that extra money on a dealer marked up vehicle thats just how much longer you will have to wait. I got mine for 11,000 they were originally asking 18,000. Even if the guy says he won't come down just walk away, I did that got to the truck and the fucker said lets make a deal. Also when your under the car check the 10 bolt and see if its got some grime, when people do burnout's sometimes the rearend develop slow leaks-just tells you if the car has been wailed on.

Midnight Blue
    2001 WS6 TRANS AM

I always would look under the car along the frame for clamp marks. I believe some frame alignment machines use clamps..

Thread Information