Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What kind of oil?

This is a discussion on What kind of oil? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Pennzoil Platinum here with AC Delco oil filter....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Pennzoil Platinum here with AC Delco oil filter.

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    Dyno numbers don't tell you everything about an oil. I only run synthetic but thats my preference. My favorite oil is Mobil 1 with a Mobil filter but I'm thinking about giving Redline a go.
    TRUE, well put my friend, I whould runs amsoil, but between mobil 1 and redline, mobil 1 is better cooling heat down, royal purple is a lot better than redline!!

Top oils for real cars:

1) Amsoil (champ,the best of the best)
    2) mobil 1
    3)royal with cheese ( i mean royal purple)
    4)redline

I not rateing based on our dyno test, based on what I haved learn about oil's heat and wear and tear, not hp gain(whitch aint bad either)

BOTTOM LINE THERE NOT A BETTER OIL OUT THERE, THAT WILL GIVE YOU BETTER PROTECTION FROM HEAT AND WEAR THAN AMSOIL, BUT FOR SOME BS REASON THAT AMSOIL GOES OUT OF BUSINESS I CHOOSE MOBIL 1, but that like craveing a big mac and you end up eating a whopper, sure both a burgers and taste kina simlar, if you want a big mac, you want a big mac, !!! (not we should debate on big mac vs.whoppers but you get my point)

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

So you go from claiming how good an oil is by making a post about HP and DYNO numbers to claiming how good an oil is based on heat and wear/tear

You're all over the place.

We have enough information on UOA's here for anyone, and that IS based on test results. It's pretty simple.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Red Line is better oil than Royal Purple and Mobil 1.

Ray Charles blue

I changed mine today with Pennzoil Platinum and a Napa Gold filter. I thought I had another Extra Guard filter but alas I cant find it! I think a mouse took it. I have used Napa Gold on a few motorcycles and when I took it out of the package and held it next to a WIX it had the same number style printed on it and the filter had the same little yellow mark on the rubber seal.

In the past I used Mobil 1 synthetic in my GTO and in my Corvette.

In my Jeep I use either Mobil 1 Clean 5000 or synthetic. Sometimes its a jug of the Clean 5000 and then use synthetic to top it off with a few more quarts.

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    So you go from claiming how good an oil is by making a post about HP and DYNO numbers to claiming how good an oil is based on heat and wear/tear

You're all over the place.

We have enough information on UOA's here for anyone, and that IS based on test results. It's pretty simple.
    yeah, your funny dude(not), I like a good product , I figured if I had to pick between HP or heat and wear/tear, I whould pick heat and wear and tear any day, If you had read more carefully, people had said that covent. is the same as syen. ,I was , just saying the benefits, of syen., best wear and tear and hp gains, what are you a mo-mo, if you dont like your oil do give you a long mortor life as well as a hp gain just by changeing your oil, then get the Fock out of here!!

Just kiddin

I just red that dude thinks redline is better than mobil 1 and them, I am not try to change anyone idea on whitch oil is better,(ams,mob1,redlne,royal) as long is not conven. type oil your good to go my friend
    Last edited by Rmaverickz28; 03-15-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Ray Charles blue

Dude, are you drunk? lol

Its like Michael J. fox was trying to hold down the comma key.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Mobil 1 oil here, with fram extended guard filter. Sarge actually recommends this filter now over mobil 1 filter. He did some research on the fram extended guard and its construction is really good. He also found out that mobil one filter are been made out of glued paper now.

He does a great shop in showing us the reality behind alot of these products out there.

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Dude, are you drunk? lol

Its like Michael J. fox was trying to hold down the comma key.

"your da doc, doc " lol not the best typer
    2002 Camaro Z28 Stock Ls1 longtube Slp Headers,Slp Y-pype, Flowmaster 80 series ,Level 10 Trans, Moser 12 blot 3.73s 33-spine axels tru-track posi, 335rwhp 345rwtq (STOLEN!!! 02/2011)

Ray Charles blue

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Rmaverickz28 View Post

"your da doc, doc " lol not the best typer
    Me either............

Off topic here but if I hear that damn Rhianna (or however you spell it) sing in the commercial for THE BOXER I am going to snap. Her voice sucks.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

yeah, your funny dude(not), I like a good product , I figured if I had to pick between HP or heat and wear/tear, I whould pick heat and wear and tear any day, If you had read more carefully, people had said that covent. is the same as syen. ,I was , just saying the benefits, of syen., best wear and tear and hp gains, what are you a mo-mo, if you dont like your oil do give you a long mortor life as well as a hp gain just by changeing your oil, then get the Fock out of here!!

Just kiddin

I just red that dude thinks redline is better than mobil 1 and them, I am not try to change anyone idea on whitch oil is better,(ams,mob1,redlne,royal) as long is not conven. type oil your good to go my friend
    No comment other than

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Pennzoil Platinum here with AC Delco oil filter.
    the guy trying to make fun of me and puts pennzoil crap, wake up dude its not 1972 pennzoil sucks and who thinks other wise needs to me enrolled in school just for retareds, who's laughing now jack,

if you dont agree with anything i say, fine(your and idoit), I went to wyotech dude, with an 3.8 grade ave.

so kiss my

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

This should get good
    Posted via Mobile Device

BLACK
    2001 WS-6

amsoil all the way

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

the guy trying to make fun of me and puts pennzoil crap, wake up dude its not 1972 pennzoil sucks and who thinks other wise needs to me enrolled in school just for retareds, who's laughing now jack,

if you dont agree with anything i say, fine(your and idoit), I went to wyotech dude, with an 3.8 grade ave.

so kiss my
    Umm, get off the Mobil 1 bandwagon. Penzoil Platinum is better oil. (so is Redline) Lol at Michael J fox.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...1052499&page=1
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 03-16-2011 at 11:37 AM.

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsWS-6 View Post
    amsoil all the way
    finally , someone who know whats, what,

amsoil with amsoil filter, or wix filter it really does get better

good new, I am planning to replace my stolen 02 Z28(02/11), with an 2000 SS ,6-speed,33k, its has a 382 big bore short block from A.R.E, with stage 3 ported ls1 heads, Ross pistons, lunati rods, lunati cam 224/228/112, moser 12 bolt:4.10s,posi,33 spline axels, bmr: lower control arms,subs,panhard bar, Slp LTs,Slp billstin package, dynoed tuned in 08,made 450rwhp and 460rwtq, dude kept all his papers on all his parts and tuneing !!! he only wants 15Gs for it I am waiting for my bank to clear the insureance check, and I am rolling again,

I plan on rebuilt the tranny, let that enigne blow then drop a ls7, with ported heads, autocrossing here I come

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Umm, get off the Mobil 1 bandwagon. Penzoil Platinum is better oil. (so is Redline) Lol at Michael J fox.
    I got off the mobil1 bandwagon, since I switch to amsoil, I had mobil for years switch to amsoil and I felt the diffencts in the flux capacitor, I mean da enigne lol, I do give props where it counts penzoil platinum is the best oil, that penzoil came out with in years, but that not saying much when I have a oil pan full of the good stuff

great scott, this is heavy,

Ray Charles blue

so kiss my
    I use Pennsoil platinum and no I am not making fun of you. I have used that and Mobil 1 and had good luck with both. I also change my oil often so I think that helps as well.

Dont go throwing your 3.8 gpa around my friend. My very best friend had a 3.8 in college and he is complete moron/high school teacher. Some stuff is easier than others. Throw in my auditing class and your GPA is going to go down faster than the Japanese population in the city of Minami Sanriku (a little soon perhaps?). I am only pulling a 3.4 (167 credit hours thus far and 18 more to go) but I had two semesters where I had a smooth 1.0 and a .9. Alcohol, girls, and ping pong were involved. So your GPA means nothing and dont try to stake your claim that because you went to Wyotech you know everything there is abot oil. If the others were THAT bad they would be out of business.

Lets get real. If Megan Fox wants you to bone her and all she has is a LifeStyle condom and you only use Trojan are you going to say no? No, the pull & pray method is not an option.

I got off the mobil1 bandwagon, since I switch to amsoil, I had mobil for years switch to amsoil and I felt the diffencts in the flux capacitor, I mean da enigne lol, I do give props where it counts penzoil platinum is the best oil, that penzoil came out with in years, but that not saying much when I have a oil pan full of the good stuff

All I can say is that a guy I know has a mid 80s Gold Wing and he has always used AMsoil. The bike is roughy 300k miles on it and the engine has never been apart. The valves have been adjusted and thats it. I would have done a valve job and taken the engine apart but thats just me. The bike still runs great and gets good mileage and he rides it all over the country.

I cant speak of AMSOIL other than that and I make no claims.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

so kiss my

Get a clue...You are contradicting yourself with everything you TRY to say...and spell.

pewter, silver
    02 Z28/00 SS450rwhp

What da Fack?

you dont read between the lines pal, all I said is that when I went to wyotech, I was wondering about oils like every other car guy,while I was there,I had read about how oil is made and whitch chemical substance effect the block ,that why when I say pensoil is crap bet the house on it jack, I as far has the whole oilbrands beeing out of businees thing you said, If you knew anything about cars, whitch by your staements, you dont , one, people are dumb they dont care about wear and tear and performace so they put whatever in there oil pans, two, not all blocks can benefit from full syen, not to get to tech. , You say your not, picking on me, but you are busting my balls on everything, I type , next thing you know this guy will tell me Ford makes better cars

And if you dont like the way I spell goyour self,

And I meant that from the bottom my my mike.j fox heart

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information