Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What exactly is the differance between a trans am and a ws6??? Please help!

This is a discussion on What exactly is the differance between a trans am and a ws6??? Please help! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; [QUOTE=Ryanater;698276]And what does it matter if it was a 98 or 99? If a 98 and a 99 had the ...

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

[QUOTE=Ryanater;698276]And what does it matter if it was a 98 or 99? If a 98 and a 99 had the same miles and were in the same shape wouldn't they be worth the same? They are basically the same car right?[QUOTE]

They would not be worth the same, assuming they were in the same conditions and similarly optioned. The value is different between a 98 and a 99 (about $11k for a 99 and about $9500 for a 98). Check book values on the links I posted earlier. I wouldn't give more than book value.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

I think blue book is sort of low. I just sold my 98 v6 camaro w/ 130,xxx miles on it for $6,500. It blue booked for $4,500. So maybe fbods just go for more around here.

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

I'd advise you to look around a bit. Check a few websites. I think you can find a better deal on a real WS6, and maybe a newer one or one with less miles.

Bottom line is YOU are buying the car, not any of us. If YOU're happy with it, buy it. You have our opinions. You know what they say about opinions...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...00420769QQrdZ1

Look here too:

http://www.cars.com (I found mine listed here, GM certified with 17k, and got it a couple thousand under book value)

http://www.autotrader.com/

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f38/

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Quote Originally Posted by jag42420 View Post
    I'd advise you to look around a bit. Check a few websites. I think you can find a better deal on a real WS6, and maybe a newer one or one with less miles.
    I agree....don't rush into it...paitence pays off sometimes...by being paitent and not rushing out and buying the first WS6 I saw, I managed to get ahold of my '99 WS6 Formula, with only 29k miles on it...it's rare (only 175 made in '99) and it's loaded, T-Tops, leather, 6 speed, 3.42's, ect...and I got it at book value...paitence and a bit of hunting around pays off in the long run, it's better to be a picky buyer and wait to find exactly what you want rather than getting stuck with a car you begin to dislike because it isn't exactly what you want...

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

I have been looking for a long time now. I have $13,500 to spend and that is it. That includes getting the car to my house. So $12,000 is all I can afford. I was looking at a ws6 in arizona for a long time but he sold it the day after I sold my car. And I need a car soon, because I nothing to drive and I work two jobs and go to school full time.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Can you guys keep a look out a car for me. Thanks for the links though, but I have already checked.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Oh, and it has to be a nice color (pererably black), t-tops, and a six speed. And no formulas!

I agree with the others. I personally would pass on this car. It's just a regular T/A and should be blue book valued as such. To me adding a factory ram air hood doesn't add much of anything to the overall value of the car. Especially since the correct air box was not used anyway.
    I'm willing to bet the rest of the WS6 stuff is not there. It's just a T/A with a hood, no big deal, they made alot of them. You can buy most any T/A cheaper and put your own hood on it. I have seen a alot of 98-00 and even a few 01-02 T/A's in the price range you listed.
    I would hold off and keep looking. Larry.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I agree also. Hold off until you find what you really want. I bought a '98 Trans Am with a WS6 hood. It was an AT car, 2.73 rear gear. I really wanted a 6 speed, so I sold the '98 to get a '00 WS6 6 SPD. I liked the '98, but LOVE the '00. And the fact it says WS6 on the door is even better. No expaining to do to anybody about how I had to settle for this car(the '98, or that is it really is "only" a TA). Since you really want a WS6, get a real one. And yeah, get the 6-speed!

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

dont take anything for fact when talking over the phone either. in most cases i assume people are good, but when i buy a car i am a completely different person. im actually trying to call the people liars (just cynical i guess). if you really want a ws6 its because you want that suspension. if you want the looks then just see if there is one with the hood thats clean and has low miles. go with your gut. go with your gut. thats the main thing. be completely sure.....
    Peace

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Yeah I have bee thinking it over and I think you guys might be right. I have found a 98 ws6 at a car lot about 30min away from my house. That is the one I test drove on saturday. It even had the tan leather, which I love. It is a six speed and it is black. It it a very nice car! It only has 38k miles and one owner. But it doesn't have the hurst shifter. They want $14,900 for the car. It is way out of my price range but I am considering it anyway. I have tried talking them down and they won't budge. I even tried driving up there with $14,000 cash in my hand.

So which one do you think I should go for?

1. '98 Trans am 42k miles
    2. '98 ws6 38k miles

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanater View Post
    Yeah I have bee thinking it over and I think you guys might be right. I have found a 98 ws6 at a car lot about 30min away from my house. That is the one I test drove on saturday. It even had the tan leather, which I love. It is a six speed and it is black. It it a very nice car! It only has 38k miles and one owner. But it doesn't have the hurst shifter. They want $14,900 for the car. It is way out of my price range but I am considering it anyway. I have tried talking them down and they won't budge. I even tried driving up there with $14,000 cash in my hand.

So which one do you think I should go for?

1. '98 Trans am 42k miles
    2. '98 ws6 38k miles
    you bring that cash up there and theyll shut the fuck up real quick. dont show it until you drive the car. i would go with the 98 ws6 since thats your first choice.
    Good luck

I personally would stick to the real WS6 cars. $15,000 for a 98 model still sounds a little high to me. But if you like it and it's what you want, thats all that matters. Larry.

Just to give you an idea, I recently bought my 02 SS convertable in navy blue, only 58 were made, with a long list of SLP options and 50,000 miles, very well cared for and never modified. I only paid just a pinch more than what you are looking at right now,,,and I mean a pinch more,,,and I got a vert......
    I think you can do much better for the money. Larry.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

I know it is a little high, but this car is absolutly perfect!!! I think I am going to try and get it.

Thats cool, if you like it and it makes you happy, then go for it. Goodluck. Cheers, Larry.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

That is a fair price right? I know I an not making out like a bandit or anything but I'm not getting ripped off or anything?

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Ok, I just made a deal over the phone. $14,400 and the thing is mine!!!! So hopefully I am going to pick it up tonight!!! I feel sick!

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanater View Post
    Ok, I just made a deal over the phone. $14,400 and the thing is mine!!!! So hopefully I am going to pick it up tonight!!! I feel sick!
    well throw up now so you can sing and dance tomorrow. that thing looks gorgeous and its a ws6 to top it off. i think the price will always be high for those and with the miles i think its a good deal.

now get ready to be puking blood when you mash the gas and post pictures of it ASAP.
    Peace

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information