Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    02 Z06

What do you guys think? (trade in for my car)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r=BLACK#vdptop

ok. i have a 99 trans am ws6 with a shatload of miles. I went and test drove a low mileage baseline TA and it made me realize how tired my car is. It didn't pull as hard. Doesn't ride as nice. a lot less wind noise and rattles and shifts A LOT better. So i found that car and it looks awesome except for the fucking wing west wing. But I love the ground effects. Tell me what you guys think and if someone could run that vin that would be bad ass.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

DON'T YOU DARE BUY THAT PIECE OF SHIT! did you see the fucking pipes out the ass?! do you really want that dumb wing? you can do sooo much better, man!

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Loose the wing, the Trans Am's have a big enough spoiler as it is. Besides that it looks like a solid car.

Black
    02 Z06

oh yeah. Defintely. I would take the wing off right away. But other then the wing and teh ghey painted AC vents what do you guys think? The exhaust looks aftermarket and the suspension looks aftermarket.

I wonder if it has a hurst shifter. I think the only thing it doesn't have is traction control. Which I don't use anyways and I don't drive my cars in the snow or rain.

Awaiting Activation
    That guy said chrome rims and premium rims???? WTF make up your mind. It looks like hes got nothing else xcept for the park bench and fart cans. $19K is a shit load for a car with 48K miles. I know a guy willing to sell his 1999 WS6 with 30K miles for $15K. Do some shopping before you buy it cause once you do UR STUCK WITH IT. I would never buy that car. TRANS AM's are suppose to be MUSCLE CARS not RICERS. Sure go ahead and buy it if u wanna pose of a RICER. AND make sure its a TRUE WS6 not a clone. anybody can buy those 17"s throw a ws6 logo on the back and get thousands more for it. Why doesnt it have the "ram air" stickers on the hood???

Black
    02 Z06

Yeah whats what I'm wondering too. I like the ground effects kit. I just hate the wing. The tips are easily changable too. It KBB at $22,000. I just want a car with less miles. My car is pretty warn out and i hate it.

I hate all the wind noise.
    I hate all the rattles.
    I hate how bumpy and rough the ride is.
    I hate how it goes every where at cruising speeds.
    I hate how theres little scratches every where on the interior and exterior .

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

then stop bitchin and fix your car. you know what's wrong with it, don't buy someone elses problems! are you making payments? if you are, your car is worth nothing b/c you have to pay off your loan [or a dealer has to] and that brings the value down. seriously man, invest in yourself, not someone who riced out a muscle car.

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

Why dont you just fix up the 99 TA that you own now?!?! I have the same and wouldnt trade it in for the WORLD !!! Love it!!! Dont understand how your car is any diffrent from a 02, have you done a tune up ... throttle body ... mass air meter ... ect ... just my 2 cents! Nice car though .. I feel the same about that bench (wing) on the back of the car!!!
    99 WS6 Trans AM
    Hurst Shifter
    Aftermarket Throttle Body
    KN Air Filter
    Strut Tower Brace
    Z06 Rims

Awaiting Activation
    Exactly. Just fix/beef u[ ur 99. All us young kids dont understand how lucky we are and fortunate to have these kind of cars. I know some kids that go home and cry to have these kind of cars. Hell i know ppl in their 50's and 60's that cant afford these cars. Be lucky and thankul man i sure as hell know i am. By the way just how many miles does ur car have???

Black
    02 Z06

Wow I asked for your guys opinion but i didn't expect you to sit here and bash it so bad.

To have my car be up to par with that one I would have to :

Get my car painted because theres scratches all over
    Get the upgraded lumbar control seats
    Replace 7 interior pieces
    Get new rims because mine have road rash
    I need new tires
    My suspension is wore out
    theres huge gapes in my windows and lots of air noise
    the rear end is howling
    it has 85,000 miles

among countless other things.

Awaiting Activation
    How much are you going to get if you sell the car in that condition???? If you fix it up you might as well keep it. If your gonna sell it like that u might as well give it to some1 for free

Black
    02 Z06

well it's not to terrible bad. but it's in typical condition for a cat with 85,000 miles and thats just not up to par with me I guess. I the reason I got this car was because ws6s are pretty rare around here and I wanted a black m6 ws6 and so I jumped on this. But i really should of waited it out and found one in better condition with lower miles.

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan
    Wow I asked for your guys opinion but i didn't expect you to sit here and bash it so bad.

I need new tires
    the rear end is howling
    it has 85,000 miles

Didnt mean to "bash" ... do what you like! thats what I always do! Just think that you could fix that car up for cheaper ... I have a 99 TA and is in pretty good condition ... good paint , of course over time Ive had to buy new tires, clutch, brakes ... but thats how cars are .... I just love fixing my car up especially the interior mods

Black
    02 Z06

yeah. I love working on my car. I just don't have time or the patience to do it. I think I'm going to go look at it this weekend and see what it looks like in real life. It looks pretty nice though in the auto trader. If it isn't a real ws6. I'm going to be pretty pissed off. But I'll ask the guy to go make sure the ws6 code is on the RPO sticker and if I bought that. Seriously. The first day i would own it. I would take it to a body shop and have them remove the fucking wing. I don't care if theres holes in my stock wing for a little bit. it's hideious. Neh I'm kind of dissapointed to it doesn't have traction control. Which is weird because I never have it on. But it's nice knowing it's there and knowing your car is fully optioned out. Rofl I could just get the switch panel and put it there so it looks like I have it .

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan

I need new tires
    the rear end is howling
    it has 85,000 miles

For paint anyway you could just get it wetsanded and buffed out if not do it yourself. That would deffintely save alot. I might be getting mine wetsanded this week.

Black
    02 Z06

yeah. I've considered it. But theres doors dings and stuff like that from the previous owner. I would most defintely have to get it painted.

But could someone run a car fax for me for it? I just want to make sure it's a real ws6. It would be much appreiated .

Black
    2001 Pontiac

IMO, don't waste your time with that car in the link you provided in the first post of the thread.
    Way too many things about it that just doesn't make it any better than what you've already got.
    Search more.
    Find a well-kept, low-milage stock unit that someone hasn't beat the hell out of.
    What are you going to do with your current ride if you're not going to fix it? Sell it the way it is?
    Last edited by PontiacFan; 03-01-2006 at 03:35 PM.

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Pontiac Fan is right

There are BETTER cars out there. You would be paying top dollar for a car that has been run pretty good I bet. Don't be afraid to travel a bit to buy a car. It is well worth it. Don't take the criticism as 'bashing'. Everyone means well and basically is right on the money. Good luck!

black
    1999 Trans Am

That cars a rip off. The rear wing and the pipes look like crap. You got to expect car maintenance. I got a 99 ws6 in August and since then i've already had to replace fuel pump and currently in the process of replacing rims/tires/rotors/pads. Just keep yours and fix it up. In the end it will be worth more to you.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Got a solution for ya.. Have it repainted, rebuild the motor and redue the suspension system. It would be stupid to take an azz raping on trading in your high mileage LS1 for another one.. more like doubble raping. Its going to be a hella lot cheaper to do it that way then to buy an entirely new car.

Thread Information