1987 chevy camaro iroc z

what do you guys think?

So Im getting close to getting a ws6 and found this one in my area. What do you guys think?

Seller's Description and Comments
    2001 Trans Am WS6, black on black, 6 speed with 70k on the clock. I bought this car completely stock with 20,000 miles on in back in october of 2004. Car has been driven highway miles every since and never seen the track. Car has had regular maintenance every 3,000 miles, never seen snow, non-smoker, 2nd owner, runs and drives amazing, very clean interior. Mods include: *SLP lid, *kooks longtubes w/ ORY *magnaflow catback *ls7 clutch *SLP double diamond style subframe connectors (weld-in) *adj. panhard bar *lowering springs with bilstein hd's *18 x 9.5 sportmax wheels (bfg g-force kdw nt 295/35/18 in the rear and nitto 555 extreme 275/35/18 in the front) *tinted windows *blackbird stripes *painted rear panel (anniversary style) *vinyl overlays (decals) *smoked taillights *alpine head unit *lou's short stick ***no accidents, clean title
    asking price is $16799

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    So Im getting close to getting a ws6 and found this one in my area. What do you guys think?

2001 Trans Am WS6, black on black, 6 speed with 70k on the clock. I bought this car completely stock with 20,000 miles on in back in october of 2004. Car has been driven highway miles every since and never seen the track. Car has had regular maintenance every 3,000 miles, never seen snow, non-smoker, 2nd owner, runs and drives amazing, very clean interior. Mods include: *SLP lid, *kooks longtubes w/ ORY *magnaflow catback *ls7 clutch *SLP double diamond style subframe connectors (weld-in) *adj. panhard bar *lowering springs with bilstein hd's *18 x 9.5 sportmax wheels (bfg g-force kdw nt 295/35/18 in the rear and nitto 555 extreme 275/35/18 in the front) *tinted windows *blackbird stripes *painted rear panel (anniversary style) *vinyl overlays (decals) *smoked taillights *alpine head unit *lou's short stick ***no accidents, clean title
    asking price is $16799
    Not with 70k miles. How it gonna pass Cali Emissions With no Catalyic Converters?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

what does www.nada.com and or www.kellybluebook.com list it for ??? I dont know about the never seen the track statement. With those mods looks like somebody was doing some racing. But of course thats what these cars are for. SPEED

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    what does www.nada.com and or www.kellybluebook.com list it for ??? I dont know about the never seen the track statement. With those mods looks like somebody was doing some racing. But of course thats what these cars are for. SPEED
    Probably Street Racing instead LOL!

SLP double diamond style subframe connectors (weld-in) COME ON!!

rapter34
    with 70K that is too high of a price.

1987 chevy camaro iroc z

well kbb says 11735 with an excellent rating and nada says 12725. How much hp do you think it has?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

well kbb says 11735 with an excellent rating and nada says 12725. How much hp do you think it has?
    @ the motor probally around 360

1987 chevy camaro iroc z

what should i tell him?

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

what should i tell him?
    I wouldn't give no more then 12k for that.

rapter34
    Quote Originally Posted by 96Firebirdformula View Post
    I wouldn't give no more then 12k for that.
    well so cal always have higher prices but talk about it with him, keeping in mind the blue book and mods and see what he will bring it down to. I think If you just wait you will find a better deal.

1987 chevy camaro iroc z

well i dont think that my bank would finance that amount even though the car has all those mods... they pretty much go by the kbb value...

pewter
    2002 trans am ws6

the price is way to high, the mods don't add that much value lol

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by markdd91 View Post
    the price is way to high, the mods don't add that much value lol
    +1.

pewter
    2002 trans am ws6

I bought my 2002 M6 ws6 for 15,800 on saterday(I over paid but got what I wanted). It has 70,000 miles too(not crazy about that) but is super clean and stock. I would pay more for a clean car that is stock than one that has racing mods done(which usually means it gets beat on, not that these cars can't handle it)
    Last edited by markdd91; 07-27-2008 at 02:56 PM.

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by markdd91 View Post
    I bought my 2002 M6 ws6 for 15,800 on saterday(I over paid but got what I wanted). It has 70,000 miles too(not crazy about that) but is super clean and stock. I would pay more for a clean car that is stock than one that has racing mods done(which usually means it gets beat on, not that these cars can't handle it)
    holy shit your from brockton i live like 2 towns over from you

Larry Dingleberry Racing

Black
    1998 Trans Am

asking way to much with that many miles on it i say sit and wait on it you real find a better deal no doubt about it

1987 chevy camaro iroc z

Here's another one for 16950
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am with a WS6 package. 63K. Miels. 6 Speed, t top. This WS6 comes with a 5.7 LS1/346 motor. 6 speed manual comes with a hurst shifter. Tranny shifts smooth through all gears and operates as it should. The interior is superb with no rips or tears in the leather seats. The paint is in good condition. You can tell from the pictures! This vehicle mechanically is stock with exception of of the cold air induction with KNN filter also 3" Flow master cat-back exhaust system.It also has a custum stripes. The stripes can be removed very easy if this isn't your style. There are NO mechanical or electrical problems what so ever in this vehicle. There are no leaks, knocks, squeals or unusual vibrations coming from under the hood or the transmisssion. The AC runs ice cold.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yeah for Cali you have to put the stock manifolds and cats back on, so that alone would tell you to offer several thousand less than his asking price. Don't worry about the mileage, these engines will easily get 150k if they are not abused.

Also, don't worry too much about overpaying, these are not exactly abundant cars. Unless you get one for under $10k, everybody will say you overpayed. I am glad to see my '00 WS6 with 70k miles could fetch between 12-16k. I don't want it to depreciate too much!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I duno dude, thats pretty high. I thought I paid just a TAD too much for mine.

I payed 15,500 for a 1999 TA WS6 6 Speed with 60,000. The mods ended up being the deciding factor for me. Its all about what you want in a car. I would suggest looking on here and on Tech for TA sales. Your going to find alot of over priced cars on sites like autorader and cars.com. There are usually many cars in your area for sale. I would NOT pay 17 G for that car though. Ether talk him down a few grand, or keep on looking.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

1987 chevy camaro iroc z

I would buy from here the only problem is that most of the cars I see are out of state and my bank wont finance out of state cars.

Thread Information