Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what do you guys think?

hey guys, I am interested in this 2001 ws6 76k miles, m6, black on black leather in mint condition. here is the link
    2001 Pontiac Firebird - Mid America Auto Exchange Olathe, KS

when I get my taxes back Im thinking about purchasing this ws6. the guy I talked to said that i can put $1k down for guaranteed financing. kelly blue book comes out too $13,800 but i know you cant always go by kbb for every car. just wanted to see what you guys think about this as far as price condition and worth $14k

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

It looks nice. For that price, I'd make sure that the body is really straight and the car has been well maintained. I did notice the passenger side carpet protector that appears to still be on from the factory. The mileage is about right. Showroom financing is usally a PITA though, I'd try to find a better source of financing. If the car is in that good of shape, the price comes down to are you happy with it.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I would look for a head cam car if I was gonna spend that money on one. You are only one year away from 100k with that car. Find independent financing, and search the for sale ads in the mean time.

sorry for the double post but i didnt see it post up after i clicked post so i tried it again

i dont think anyone will finance me cause my school loans defaulted on me but i have entered into a rehab program that will expunge my credit after 9-12months of $170/mo. first payment was last month. i kinda feel like i will never be able to finance something through anyone and my only good chance would be if taking a hit through in-house especially for a low mileage ws6.

i googled the vin and there was somebody on here a year ago asking if it was a true ws6 with the exact same vin. he was from MA it shows. then on google there was a listing with the same vin thats with only 74k miles and listing with a bunch of new parts by the name of gary from SC. his phone # besides his area code is only 1 digit off from mine. my best friends name is gary too by the way. were both master techs at kia

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I know the car is going on 12 years old, but I wouldn't call 76K "low miles". There are a lot of cars out there with lower miles. You just need to look harder/longer.

I haven't personally looked lately, but that price seems a bit on the high side to me.

Maybe look for a non-WS6 car as there really isn't much difference between the two, all things considered. Plus, you'll most likely find cars for a lot less.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

here is the info from the SC ad

Beautiful Black WS6 Trans amBrand New Rims and TiresFlow Master ExhaustHigh performance parts such as clutch and pressure plateNew Clutch Master Cylinder and New Slave CylinderOnly 74,241 MilesLeather InteriorT TopsNew front brakesNew 4 wheel alignmentNew front struts and SpringsNew Rear Springs and ShocksSway Bar bushings all aroundSLP RAM AIR INTAKE W/ FACTORY INTAKE FOR SPAREBRAND NEW CD STEREO SYSTEM PIONEER STEREO AND SPEAKERS

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Thats pretty pricey, I would stay away from dealers if at all posable. Every ws6 that came up at a dealer around me when I was buying was junkey and way over priced; don't be afraid to wait till the right car comes along it will be worth it.

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

The problem with viewing photos is that they are easily touched up and enhanced. For instance, the interior shots were played with. The interiors aren't that dark of a black in the seats. Most black cars look great in photos but in real life most have a lot of fine scratches that stand out in sunlight.
    Having said that, it looks like a real nice car for the miles. Also there's some money invested in the suspension and exhaust. Sound system must be pretty good too. Can you go visit for a visual inspection ? Ask if they can give a power train and air conditioning warranty for a short time to let you shake it down. I know everyone so far has said it's too much money but if all checks out you've got a nice little street rod that should give good service if you maintain it and don't beat on it. Plus I'm sure there's more play in the sale price. Make an offer for what you think it's worth. They can only say yes or no.
    Magnaflow Quad Tip, Lid, SBellow
    UMI: FTC, FSB, RSB, LCA's, PBAR, SFC's, T-Arm w/relo, D/S Loop
    Kooks LTH, 3" YP, H/F Cats
    Custom Grind Cam, Stall, 3:73 rear
    Bilsteins w/Strano Springs Conti Super Contacts
    TuneByFrost MSD Wires
    Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors w/Ceramic

im waiting till i get my taxes before i go look at it. its local only about 15mi out. thats what i was thinking that it has some upgrades already that i dont have to mess with and some maintenance done already. i know that they only paid $8650 off ebay for it so price has to be negotiable, nada is only calling $12150 for clean retail. i really dont want to deal with an automatic going out. im already dealing with an 03 sunfire with 191k miles on original stock trans thats flaky as hell on shifting and t/c lockup.

they also have a 99 camaro ss, 106k miles $7999
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Mid America Auto Exchange Olathe, KS

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Firechicken25 View Post
    im waiting till i get my taxes before i go look at it. its local only about 15mi out. thats what i was thinking that it has some upgrades already that i dont have to mess with and some maintenance done already. i know that they only paid $8650 off ebay for it so price has to be negotiable, nada is only calling $12150 for clean retail. i really dont want to deal with an automatic going out. im already dealing with an 03 sunfire with 191k miles on original stock trans thats flaky as hell on shifting and t/c lockup.

they also have a 99 camaro ss, 106k miles $7999
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Mid America Auto Exchange Olathe, KS

The six speeds can go out too. At around 54,000 I had a synchro go out on me that led to the need for an overhaul. Not to mention that the shop did a craptacular job and let sealer get into the case, requiring a warranty overhaul at 70k. The 4L60E 's aren't that bad to overhaul/upgrade. Probably about as much/little bit less than an overhaul for a six speed.

Wow that sucks. Hell both cars might be gone by the time I get my taxes so. I've always wanted a ws6 since I was 15. I bought an 89 firebird with carbed 305 at 16 and really started the crave. It went threw 3 700r4's and a rearend

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

M6's are cheaper to upgrade. Less parts involved.

My T56 crapped out at 12K miles on mine. Busted synchro key. This is usually a result of over-shifting though. Stock shifters do not have solid stops to prevent this.

What are some of the best mods for a t56?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

3-4 steel shift fork
    new sliders and hubs
    new solid synchro keys
    bronze fork pads

some get cryogenic tempering and a different shaft (Viper)

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

different companies sell different stage kits for t56 upgrades, which include all those upgrades and then some, stage 1-3s usually go for $600-1200 in parts

blue
    00 trans-am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Firechicken25 View Post
    hey guys, I am interested in this 2001 ws6 76k miles, m6, black on black leather in mint condition. here is the link
    2001 Pontiac Firebird - Mid America Auto Exchange Olathe, KS

when I get my taxes back Im thinking about purchasing this ws6. the guy I talked to said that i can put $1k down for guaranteed financing. kelly blue book comes out too $13,800 but i know you cant always go by kbb for every car. just wanted to see what you guys think about this as far as price condition and worth $14k
    Well, I honestly don't think you'll be able to get that car financed if your saying your credit is not that great.It seems pretty reasonable to ask like 10,998 for the car.I picked up my ws6 like 3 weeks ago and just barely got financed with a 734 fico score and never-ever late on a single payment. the mileage is good considering the year. Good luck man wish you get the car.

well its guaranteed financing with $1k down no matter how bad my credit is but depending on how much i get back on my taxes i might put more down. i already talked to the guy about it. but i dont know if i am gonna come close to afford $400/mo payment then who knows what insurance is gonna be. i might just go and look at it and drive it to get my kicks off and walk away. if i do anything it will probably be the camaro cause its still black on black and somewhat clean still and they are only asking $8k which is $1100 under nada value
    Last edited by Firechicken25; 02-03-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Guaranteed financing at what % rate? My guess is it's high.

i know its gonna be high. i only talked to him over the phone, no paperwork yet so i dont know all the details

Pewter Metallic
    2000 WS6 Formula

All I had to see was the brand name of the tires on it (Riken) to know I wouldn't be interested. Cheap tires could just be the tip of the iceberg. And with "dealers" it usually is! If you do want it, get a car fax and make sure it's a true WS6 and then I'd only give em maybe 11.5K! Happy hunting.

Thread Information