Results 1 to 14 of 14

What do you guys think?

This is a discussion on What do you guys think? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; About a year ago i got my T/A, my father paid cash for it but i am paying him $300 ...

  1. #1
    Member Dann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edinburg Tx
    Age
    27
    Posts
    131

    maple red
    2000 trans am

    What do you guys think?

    About a year ago i got my T/A, my father paid cash for it but i am paying him $300 a month till i get to $10000. We were talking today and he asked me if i would want to use my car as kinda like a project car and advertise our store and soop it up for the tracks.

    Its sounds like a good deal but the thing is that i was almost done paying for it (well about in a year) and that would mean $300 bucks more in my pocket that would be useful cuz im planning to get marryed in the next year or so.

    But the other side of the story is, i would get a new car (who doesnt like that) i would consider a 06 GTO or an 08 Silverado...or other things

    So guys what do you think i should do?

  2. #2
    autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montgomery,Ala
    Posts
    2,436

    2007 Corvette
    Ebony

    Go for it,never know what might happen with your girl in a years time.if you don't do it and the girl doesen't work out you probably would be double upset.
    Posted via Mobile Device

  3. #3
    Member Dann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edinburg Tx
    Age
    27
    Posts
    131

    maple red
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    Go for it,never know what might happen with your girl in a years time.if you don't do it and the girl doesen't work out you probably would be double upset.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Been with her 4 1/2 years. Its going to happen

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    If you get another car, isn't the $300 a month simply going to be applied towards the replacement vehicle? I don't see you as being an farther ahead on this one. What type of business is the vehicle going to be a mule for should you go through with it?

  5. #5
    Member Dann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edinburg Tx
    Age
    27
    Posts
    131

    maple red
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    If you get another car, isn't the $300 a month simply going to be applied towards the replacement vehicle? I don't see you as being an farther ahead on this one. What type of business is the vehicle going to be a mule for should you go through with it?
    Thats what i mean, should i just keep my car?

    Its a flooring store, he want to put logos on it, website, phone number all that stuff. Make it look like a real race car. Catch my drift?

  6. #6
    Member jagfan93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    159

    Yellow
    02 CETA#732

    You've got a nice car there in a color I don't see often and appears to be a convertible too, if it's in excellent shape you may want to keep it as a street cruiser, and buy another car to be the racer.
    Last edited by jagfan93; 03-02-2010 at 01:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Member jagfan93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    159

    Yellow
    02 CETA#732

    Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    Been with her 4 1/2 years. Its going to happen
    Always consider the slight possibility that it may not (no matter how remote) when making significant decisions.........take it from someone who knows.

  8. #8
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    IMO, keep the car as is. Get another vehicle, like the silverado, to advertise the business. You could still mod the car, I just don't think it would look good with all the advertising on it. Maybe if you got a lot of different stuff to advertise as well, like mickey thompson, pacesetter, fast, and other performance stuff along with other businesses, and really set the car up for track only - might not be to bad. Just my opinion though.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

    Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

  9. #9
    Member Dann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edinburg Tx
    Age
    27
    Posts
    131

    maple red
    2000 trans am

    I get where u guys are coming from but my car is getting older and its harder for me to put more money for maitnence and with my fathers help i know that the car would be kept in good condition. The car would last a lot longer (years) if it was just a show car/track car

  10. #10
    Member Dann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edinburg Tx
    Age
    27
    Posts
    131

    maple red
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by jagfan93 View Post
    Always consider the slight possibility that it may not (no matter how remote) when making significant decisions.........take it from someone who knows.
    Yea i know but this one is diffrent. i get advise like this from a lot of people telling me to think about it, ur to young, stuff like that but for some resson i just really think my life would get alot better

  11. #11
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Do what your gonna be the happiest with. If you really like the driving the car and crusing, keep it as is. If it's not a big deal to you, get something else. Would your dad consider some removable advertising, like a carskin, that could be taken off at a later time - so it could be returned to like it looks now?

  12. #12
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    getting another 4th gen as a project car should be somewhat cheap also

  13. #13
    Member Dann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edinburg Tx
    Age
    27
    Posts
    131

    maple red
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Do what your gonna be the happiest with. If you really like the driving the car and crusing, keep it as is. If it's not a big deal to you, get something else. Would your dad consider some removable advertising, like a carskin, that could be taken off at a later time - so it could be returned to like it looks now?
    I would love to make my T/A faster with my fathers money and it would sit alot more then it does now (DD). I'm more then sure he would want to have something that wont hurt the paint.

  14. #14
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    I would love to make my T/A faster with my fathers money and it would sit alot more then it does now (DD). I'm more then sure he would want to have something that wont hurt the paint.
    Well then, I'd start shopping for a new car to be your dd.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LS1 Guys are on Defense Mustang Guys on Offense
    By Sarge in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 09:09 AM
  2. to my nos guys
    By theslow00 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 10:29 PM
  3. What do you think guys?
    By JohnsSS in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
  4. Hey guys
    By sabredog in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 01:01 PM
  5. Young Guys Step In (Old Guys Can Too)
    By Mr. CarelessAndImprudent in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 05:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •