Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

What do you guys think??

This is a discussion on What do you guys think?? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by lemons12 hahaha.... damn... if you make 420/390 N/A then that is what you make ON motor.. if ...

  1. #21
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    hahaha.... damn...



    if you make 420/390 N/A then that is what you make ON motor..

    if you make 420/390 N/A then you make 500 or so AT the flywheel..

    two totally different meanings..

    the cobra is going to win from a roll for sure... you may get him from a dig depending on driver.. but he will be coming around you at some point..
    alright then i make about 500 at the flywheel cuz i made 420rwhp and 390rwtq on the dyno
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

    *SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

  2. #22
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    no i was just just makin sure you knew the mustangs hp was on the motor not ground. and im not on drags but i got new nitto street tires than hook alright but were gonna race from like a 55 roll. and he spins alot, i dont to much with these new tires
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    alright then i make about 500 at the flywheel cuz i made 420rwhp and 390rwtq on the dyno
    so what does the cobra make TO THE GROUND and what do you make TO THE GROUND... just to clarify everything....

  3. #23
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    alright then i make about 500 at the flywheel cuz i made 420rwhp and 390rwtq on the dyno
    i didnt think it would be 500hp at the flywheel. i didnt know i lost that much... thanks for lettin me know.

  4. #24
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    so what does the cobra make TO THE GROUND and what do you make TO THE GROUND... just to clarify everything....
    sorry for all the confusion. i make 420/390 TO THE REAR TIRES... the cobra guestimates he makes 490-500 AT THE FLYWHEEL... hes never had it on the dyno. which that would make him around the same power as me according to what you said..
    Last edited by Kaotic_ws6; 01-28-2009 at 06:16 PM.

  5. #25
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    so what does the cobra make TO THE GROUND and what do you make TO THE GROUND... just to clarify everything....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    i didnt think it would be 500hp at the flywheel. i didnt know i lost that much... thanks for lettin me know.
    no problem.. still waiting for actual numbers that both cars put to the ground..

  6. #26
    Member Numba1TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missouri, STL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142

    Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

    Your car makes about 491hp at the crank if you use the equation. rwhpX15% or rwhp/0.85 which means his car prolly makes 425rwhp so I would say it's gunna be on the driver. But depends on whos car will pull the hardest.

    1999 A4 WS6 Pewter, Hooker Long Tube Headers ,GMMG Catback Exhaust, QTP Off-road catted y-pipe, K&N FIPK Intake, GM 3.73's, Spohn Torque Arm,BMR LCA's Dyno Tune by PBJ.

  7. #27
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numba1TA View Post
    Your car makes about 491hp at the crank if you use the equation. rwhpX15% or rwhp/0.85 which means his car prolly makes 425rwhp so I would say it's gunna be on the driver. But depends on whos car will pull the hardest.
    cool... we shall see

  8. #28
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    sorry for all the confusion. i make 420/390 TO THE REAR TIRES... the cobra guestimates he makes 490-500 AT THE FLYWHEEL... hes never had it on the dyno. which that would make him around the same power as me according to what you said..
    with that said... i give the win to you....

    take out as much weight as you can before you race him.. (heat shields/rear seats/anything else you can think of..) if you do that without a doubt i would say you win...

    that is if you both make the same power..

    you already said you have the better driver mod, you already weigh less (especially if you take out more weight), and you should have better traction..

    id put 50 on it if you take some weight out... make it interesting..

  9. #29
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    with that said... i give the win to you....

    take out as much weight as you can before you race him.. (heat shields/rear seats/anything else you can think of..) if you do that without a doubt i would say you win...

    that is if you both make the same power..

    you already said you have the better driver mod, you already weigh less (especially if you take out more weight), and you should have better traction..

    id put 50 on it if you take some weight out... make it interesting..
    cool well we shall see

  10. #30
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Pullied/tuned/exhaust Cobra's tend to make 475 to the wheels.


    I say the Cobra gets it by a few cars...but it should be fairly close.

  11. #31
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Pullied/tuned/exhaust Cobra's tend to make 475 to the wheels.


    I say the Cobra gets it by a few cars...but it should be fairly close.
    it must not have all that then, reason i know its fairly close is because he beat one of my friends just as bad as i did.. and it was the same roll race and ending speed. so idk, ill just have to let yall know after it happens. wish me luck!

  12. #32
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Pullied/tuned/exhaust Cobra's tend to make 475 to the wheels.


    I say the Cobra gets it by a few cars...but it should be fairly close.
    +1... 450 is low.. 500 is high.. on average... 465-480 is the norm..

  13. #33
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    post up the results

  14. #34
    Member cobrakiller99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    269

    silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

    it'll be close i think. you gotta get traction first and you gotta drive well.

  15. #35
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    it'll be close i think. you gotta get traction first and you gotta drive well.
    I would have to go with the Cobra, Those things oull hard. I test drove a bone stock convert and it pulled hard. With just some minor mods those cars are evil.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LS1 Guys are on Defense Mustang Guys on Offense
    By Sarge in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 09:09 AM
  2. to my nos guys
    By theslow00 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 10:29 PM
  3. What do you think guys?
    By JohnsSS in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
  4. Hey guys
    By sabredog in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 01:01 PM
  5. Young Guys Step In (Old Guys Can Too)
    By Mr. CarelessAndImprudent in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 05:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •