Black/Yellow
    1998 Trans Am WS6

What to do w/ a dismantled LS1?

Would anyone know if there is much of a market in selling the parts of my LS1? I pulled it to install a completley new motor and just wanted to take apart my LS1 to inspect it. It looks good but I dont know what do do with these parts. I am thinking of using the block to build something, not sure what yet (maybe a 383 stroker....but who knows). But again, just wondering what do do w/ the intake, cam, crankshaft, etc.....and the block if anyone is interested. Thanks in advace.

Cheers
    Last edited by Mookz1; 09-01-2010 at 05:23 PM.
    6.7L/408c.i./ Stage 2.5 LS6 Heads/102 LSX 102mm F.A.S.T intake/ PTM 102mm throttle body/ Custom Camshaft/ 100mm MAF/ FTP 100mm airlid/SVO 42lb injectors/ ASP crank underdrive harmonic balancer/

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

is it all stock!!??

Black/Yellow
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Yes, internally it is all stock, the mods before i dropped the new engine in was only bolt ons such as air lid (still have an SLP lid that I cant use since its not big enough for my new engine set up), headers, borla exhaust. So the engine and the heads that I have are all stock at the moment.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Just my .02... You could always (if you want) give it a fresh set of gaskets and put it back together and sell it, or build it up over time and keep it for a spare. I don't know your means monitarily or if you have room to have a spare engine laying around but just an idea is all.. Or you can just part it out.. I bet you could sell a "ready to run" LS1 pretty easily.. Well I asume it was running before anyways.. Either way, I'd wager you'd sell it in any capacity easily.. Especially if all the parts are still good and someone needs a solid platform to start from.. Just my oppy tho..
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-01-2010 at 06:38 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

No one wants a bunch of stock parts out of a used motor, sell it as a whole or keep it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Freshen it up and sell as a whole. Your chances of selling it are significantly greater that way.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    No one wants a bunch of stock parts out of a used motor, sell it as a whole or keep it.
    Internals, err prolly not, but what's wrong with reusing the crank and what about the block, or the heads? Not everyone wants a drag car.. For myself I could care less what it goes in the 1/4mi. I think my first suggestion and Prestons take are going to be the best bets..
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-01-2010 at 09:04 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Internals, err prolly not, but what's wrong with reusing the crank and what about the block, or the heads? Not everyone wants a drag car.. For myself I could care less what it goes in the 1/4mi. I think my first suggestion and Prestons take are going to be the best bets..
    Me neither. But I still wouldn't buy a bunch of used stock parts.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Me neither. But I still wouldn't buy a bunch of used stock parts.
    I gotcha.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Well if you have room for it you could get a forged 383 kit from Texas speed and a few other companies and built a great motor with it and use it for a spare for car or look for a nice Camaro, Firebird, or Vette with a blown motor and a good body and build a nice car with it. My friend has a GTO for a dd and had a nice 3rd get Iroc the motor gave out on and swapped in a LS1 and it's a cool car since you get the old look so no one expects it when you blow by them with a nice built LS1 lurking under the hood.
    Or just put it back toghter stock and sell it since there is always someone looking for a LS motor to stick in there car or truck.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

I say you donate it to your fellow okie

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

ill take all those pieces off your hands for free. block, rods, pistons, crank, sleeves, cam, timing chain, all covers, oil pan, etc. all take everything that makes it a short block.

all free, to give you garage space back. how's that sound?

Thread Information