Thread: what do i have?

Pewter
    01 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

what do i have?

ok, another question that may be silly, but i just bought this and it is my first "real car", and i come from a family of ford's.
    I didn't get an owners manual w/ my car so i am curious to see if my care is a ws6 or just an upgraded ta.2001 Pewter
    I have:
    17" Chrome rims's that say ws6 on them
    Ram Air hood/lid
    Manual six speed
    Monsoon Sound
    Hust Short Throw Shifter
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    vin # 2g2fv22g212145403

It doesn't have the ws6 badges on the car and I didn't see anything on the door sticker, and I know it has the NHRA package.Any info would be great. I am getting ready to post pics too.Thanks!-Mandy
    (That's right a girl with a bad-ass car! )

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

congrats on the new ride!

Ws6 or trans-am... either way..... BAD ASS CAR!

with 325+hp

have fun.
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

1966 Corvette Coupe

open the driver side door (i think maybe passenger) it should tell you there...

oh welcome to the club.... where you from... how many miles is ont it... t top? vert? so forth so on...

-Me

See signature.

drivers side door, rpo code sheet.

look for ws6

sometimes the badge is missing.

Pontiac Firebird's: 91 Formula 350, 01 Trans Am WS6, Suzuki's: 09 SX4 Crossover, GSX-R's: 06 600 & 07 1K.
    F-Quick Garage & Car Domain

Pewter
    01 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

Great thanks. I will check it in a bit.I am from Hillsboro,MO about an hour south of St. Louis, MO;22yrs old. My TA has almost 63000 miles, it also has a catback flowmaster exhaust, and a K&N; Black leather M6, w/ some tinted windows, t-tops;Ram-Air etc....
    My car is the 3rd sports car to our group, my husband has an 88 mustang he runs at the track only, and my father-in law has an 03 cobra mustang. what can i say we have a need for speed

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Yes, your car is a WS6. I supposed your next question will be what is my ASC #. It is 7196 and your conversion date was April 11, 2001 for your M6 w/t-tops. Now, if that wasn't your next question, then it might be what is ASC. ASC, American Specialty Cars, formerly American Sunroof Company are the ones that did the WS6 conversion for GM on your car. You ASC # was assigned to your car as it went through the conversion process along with the date it did so. Thus your # and date. Most want to know and I have the info. See also my ASC thread stickied at the top of this forum index. Congrats on the new beast, enjoy it and do a smokey one for me. Welcome to the elite group of Ram Air owners and thank you for not being a typical chick and buying a Crustang.
    Justin Martin-LS1 ASC guy; Serving Proudly USAF Silver 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Lmtd Edition, 5 spd. 2006 Kawasaki VN2000, Thunder Pro Charger, pwr commander, HK 2:1 sideburner, 240 rear tire. 100HP and 130ft/lbs @ rear wheel.

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the board

Pewter
    01 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

ls6?

Thanks! Actually I found that out last night when i looked at the door again, but i appreciate the info. the only other question i have is there an easier way to see if it has the ls6 block, i can't see the numbers on the driver's side head, and what/where is the egr?post pics if someone has one.
    ok i have another...what's the factory hspwr on my car?

1966 Corvette Coupe

no egr... and i dont think they put ls6 blocks in any but the 02's... i will be corrected....

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

You do not have an LS6 block. Like predator said, only the 02's had them and it was mostly the last 02's made that got left overs. So if you have an 02 made in say May or June of 02, then chances are you got a LS6 block also. Egr's came on 2000 and below and is a tube that come into the intake just after the throttle body I believe. You do not have it. (Be thankful) Factory hp on an 01 WS6 w/a 6spd was 325 hp and 350 lb/ft of torque....I believe.

Pewter
    01 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

is it still possible that i might have a ls6 intake, ive heard of people sayoing that 00 or 01 cars up have the ls6 intake???

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

You DO have it. 01 and up came with it. One way you can tell is if there is NOT a tube coming out the top of the front of your intake.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Congrats on your new purchase. Enjoy it and have fun. Post pics when you can.

Silver
    2002 Firebird T/A - WS6

Note to 01WS6 4 ME:
    Can you help?!
    I was reading this thread and went to one of the cardomain sites listed here- saw some engine pics- and I see a difference in engines/intake area between my 02 and the enclosed pic of an 01. In the pic where the mouse arrow is on the 01- I DO NOT have the 4-section cover with the gray hose on my 02 engine- as far as I can remember- I'm not home now to look under the hood, but I'm pretty sure it's not there. Is that a bad thing for an 02 -or maybe you can just tell me what it means? Being a newbie to the car and this site, I don't have the knowledge yet. It may just be that the cover was removed by the previous owner... or should I make sure I get one put back on?
    Thanks to all those that reply.

Well I guess I can't post pics yet- I hope you know what cover I mean. It;'s just behind the ram air filter - both sides of the large center tube.
    Last edited by Waynestep; 03-03-2006 at 04:58 AM.

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Hey Wayne, you do not have it. It's a good thing. The EGR was removed from our LS1's in 2001 when they started using the LS6 intake. The EGR or hose sticking out of the top front of the intake as you put it was a 2000 and older thing. You have nothing to worry about. Give me your vin # and I'll give your your ASC # and conversion date as well.

Silver
    2002 Firebird T/A - WS6

Thanks. I am relieved! So that is the EGR system. Good thing it's not there.

Oh and I did give you my VIN about three weeks ago- I'm # 5979 -2/15/02.

How do some owners find out what actual "number" they are out of their configuration? I've seen guys say things like "#15 Red" or something like that. Meaning- if a Silver T/A M6- t-tops like mine had 613 total, how could they find out what # within the 613? Is that still just an ASC #? Or doesn't that really matter what # out of 613?

Hey thanks again for the reply. Gotta love this group and our cars. Great website.

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

I'm not exactly sure how they find out that info. Your ASC# is just the # assigned as it went through their plant for conversion. The spreadsheets give no particular order or breakdown that way. I wish it did, I would love to be able to tell people what # outta how many whatever they are.

Thread Information