Page 86 of 268 FirstFirst ... 36465666828384858687888990106116126136186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 5352
Like Tree1286Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; just cleaned it up and went out snapping pics...

  1. #1701
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    just cleaned it up and went out snapping pics






  2. #1702
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    964

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I know it's a ways out, but things look good weatherwise for next weekend.

    BTW: Chris, I got up on the Interstate and made two WOT pulls this morning. Car seems to shift fine and the PCM reports that the TPS is at 100% when it is to the floor.
    So it looks as though your bump stop mod worked out pretty good huh?...

  3. #1703
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    964

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    I can see why you get the complimnents. Our cars are 10-14 years old now, and getting more rare. I've noticed an uptick of compliments the past couple years.
    One of the ultimates is two guys in a stang ...thought they were trying to stage on me but when they pulled towards the light they were saying ''damn thats a nice ass ride''...you wanna sell it?.....NOPE.sorry.......Even though there are alot of people here alot of different expensive,rare, cars i dont see a heck of alot of Camaro SS...or WS6`s....and if i do they arent as clean as ours of course i do see the occasional ''Cam thumpin'' bad ass but when i look around in a paking lot or on the roadway its fun to think ...my cars nicer and faster then most of these guys!! and like you guys said @ 10 years old now mine looks almost as clean as it did when i first got it!

  4. #1704
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    First time on a 1/8 mile.








  5. #1705
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    All good pictures above! Both cars look great! What were the 1/8 mile times?

  6. #1706
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    964

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by bhunter0830 View Post
    First time on a 1/8 mile.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Hey i like the color of your car.....nice!!

  7. #1707
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    20,991

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    So it looks as though your bump stop mod worked out pretty good huh?...

    Should know for sure on Sunday when we hit the track. If it acts up, I'll just wrap the bump stop with electrical tape so I can keep on racing.

  8. #1708
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS6 View Post
    All good pictures above! Both cars look great! What were the 1/8 mile times?
    Not too impressive. It was a runway, not an actual strip. Couldn't get the ass end to hook and was my first time out.
    1st Run: (Lost vs. 88 GTA w/ 383 Stroker)
    Reaction: 1.072
    60 ft.: 2.396
    Trap: 81.0
    ET:9.225

    2nd Run: (Lost vs. 88 GTA w/ 383 Stroker)
    Reaction: 1.025
    60 ft.: 2.481
    Trap: 81.0
    ET:9.367

    3rd Run: (Win vs. 70 GSX)
    Reaction: 0.600
    60 ft.: 2.380
    Trap: 79.8
    ET:9.190

    4th Run: (Win vs. 66 Malibu)
    Reaction: 0.534
    60 ft.: 2.297
    Trap: 79.9
    ET:9.189

    5th Run: (Lost vs 12 Ford Super Duty w/ twin turbo's)
    Reaction: 0.643
    60 ft.: 2.426
    Trap: 80.7
    ET:9.312
    Last edited by bhunter0830; 09-03-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Error

  9. #1709
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,037

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    You'll get better. More practice = more experience.

    On street tires you can't launch at 4500 and expect to move. More like you'll spin. Next time try launching like you would when a light turns and you have to get on it. About a 2500-2800 rpm range. Your 60ft times will be much better.


    You'll move but not so much that the tires break loose. Get it into 2nd and 3rd WOT...


    Any rear suspension mods yet? LCA's & TA will help a lot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bhunter0830 View Post
    First time on a 1/8 mile.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Had a 96' FB that was this color. Miss that car.

  10. #1710
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,535

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Should know for sure on Sunday when we hit the track. If it acts up, I'll just wrap the bump stop with electrical tape so I can keep on racing.
    I think I might have taken a little too much off the bump stop when I did mine. I was young and dumb then lol

  11. #1711
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    You'll get better. More practice = more experience.

    On street tires you can't launch at 4500 and expect to move. More like you'll spin. Next time try launching like you would when a light turns and you have to get on it. About a 2500-2800 rpm range. Your 60ft times will be much better.


    You'll move but not so much that the tires break loose. Get it into 2nd and 3rd WOT...


    Any rear suspension mods yet? LCA's & TA will help a lot.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Had a 96' FB that was this color. Miss that car.
    No rear end upgrades yet. However this fall new, PH, LCA'S, SB'S & SFC. I didn't load up the torque converter. Made that mistake the first run and spun the tires half way down the track.

  12. #1712
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    964

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    I think I might have taken a little too much off the bump stop when I did mine. I was young and dumb then lol
    How do you know? What will the motor act like or do?

  13. #1713
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Ordered 160 degree tstat, SLP Manual Fan Switch, LCA's, PHB & STB.

  14. #1714
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,167

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Nice to run the car at a legal drag strip, eh Ben? Yeah, your 60 ft. times killed you, more practice needed. The launch pictures look great. I do wish 1/8 mile tracks would be outlawed, all drag strips should be 1/4 mile.

    1/8 mile tracks are like a premature ejaculation, too quick and then it's done, not as much fun that way lol.
    Last edited by Too Fast; 09-05-2012 at 03:34 AM.

  15. #1715
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    20,991

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Street tires, stock suspension and no track prep -- those 60' times are probably about right. Only thing you could do is drop the air pressure in the rear tires into the 20 - 25 psi range. May as well inflate the front tires to around 40 psi as well for less rolling resistance. The stock tires have almost no sidewall so you have to soften them up to get more bite at the line.

  16. #1716
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Nice to run the car at a legal drag strip, eh Ben? Yeah, your 60 ft. times killed you, more practice needed. The launch pictures look great. I do wish 1/8 mile tracks would be outlawed, all drag strips should be 1/4 mile.

    1/8 mile tracks are like a premature ejaculation, too quick and then it's done, not as much fun that way lol.
    Yes, nice to do things legally. Not that anything on the trip back was legal. I had a buddy of mine with a 383 stroker in his 88 GTA following me back home. 1/8 mile was a good learning experience on the tree. It's hard to fine a 1/4 mile close to us up here in Northern Michigan. We're going to try it again on a real 1/8 track this weekend.

    Nice part about it up here, is there's not a lot of cars, so it get to prematurely ejaculate many times in a night. Kinda like being in high school all over again!
    Too Fast likes this.

  17. #1717
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Street tires, stock suspension and no track prep -- those 60' times are probably about right. Only thing you could do is drop the air pressure in the rear tires into the 20 - 25 psi range. May as well inflate the front tires to around 40 psi as well for less rolling resistance. The stock tires have almost no sidewall so you have to soften them up to get more bite at the line.
    I will have to do that this weekend when I try again on a real track. Hopefully my suspension parts will be in by Thursday night so I can get them in. Along with the 160 degree tstat and SLP fan switch. I might throw the OE wheels back on. The tires are for shit, but have more of a side way to give with and lower tire pressure.

  18. #1718
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Someone please help me understand the 3" exhaust that sticks out 6" past the bumper and still has the factory muffler and cats? I can live with the orange... If I had to, but please help me understand.

  19. #1719
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    964

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    ^ Who knows? now days i see some gruesome looking taste that some have ..I think that the guy may have had a bad install maybe? Yeah they stick out too much!

  20. #1720
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    964

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Nice to run the car at a legal drag strip, eh Ben? Yeah, your 60 ft. times killed you, more practice needed. The launch pictures look great. I do wish 1/8 mile tracks would be outlawed, all drag strips should be 1/4 mile.

    1/8 mile tracks are like a premature ejaculation, too quick and then it's done, not as much fun that way lol.
    Liked the drag picks too! But had to do a double take on the guy in the yellow shirt..looks like hes taking a wiz...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LS1 vs Old School
    By Mecinoid in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 04:08 PM
  2. Gearhead Street '10 T/A - 900HP 2010 Trans Am Anno
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 03:50 AM
  3. The Trans Am 421 SD - Transcendental Transformatio
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •